Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

26 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Honestly this is the last Covid vaccine/ booster I will be receiving, I don't care how many new variants emerge. Three days later I still feel off and my arm aches horribly, makes me wonder if the damn pharmacist punctured a nerve - I don't even think that's possible, I hope not.

I clearly support getting vaccinated for any virus/disease but at this point I am going to trust my immune system and wearing a mask when out in public, washing hands, etc. One of the reasons I don't get up in arms about antivaxxers, it's a personal choice and it affects me in no shape or form. I may think they are stupid and have faulty logic, but it is still their life. 

imagine how you’ll feel with Long COVID after the vaccines wear off…

10 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Right now they say if it has been more than two months since your last booster.

No, thats just for this update. From now on it will probably be a yearly thing. With companies releasing new formulations depending on what's circulating. Recommendations might be different if you're immunocompromised or elderly though.

Edited by Cooked Crack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Right now they say if it has been more than two months since your last booster.

Wow I didn't know it was that frequent. For all age groups? I'm 40 and in decent health, probably worse than I would like to admit, but definitely not horrible. 

Like I said I am an advocate of vaccines, I can't say for certain if I will or will not in the future. I stay home often and am rarely around more than 1 person at a time. Never tested positive, been tested about a dozen times, and don't believe I have ever contracted it. Feel like I am fairly low risk.

If people want to get boosted every 2 months more power to them, I support that strongly. I've been reading about Long Covid, seems like the symptoms and definition varies.

2 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Yes, I didn’t say every two months. That is a foward looking statement. I said if it has been more than two months since your last booster. That isn’t the same as every two months. I know your reading comprehension skills are better than this.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

Yes, I didn’t say every two months. That is a foward looking statement. I said if it has been more than two months since your last booster. That isn’t the same as every two months. I know your reading comprehension skills are better than this.

I think we all read it as every two months. I know I did.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I think we all read it as every two months. I know I did.

You can read it how you want, but that is not what it says. It is the same same wording as what is used on the CDC website.

Updated Boosters Are Recommended for Some People

CDC recommends that people ages 5 years and older receive one updated (bivalent) booster if it has been at least 2 months since their last COVID-19 vaccine dose, whether that was:

• Their final primary series dose, or
  • An original (monovalent) booster

People who have gotten more than one original (monovalent) booster are also recommended to get an updated (bivalent) booster.

“If it has been two months since their last booster”

they say if it has been more than two months since your last booster”

y’all are pathetic.

38 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

You can read it how you want, but that is not what it says. It is the same same wording as what is used on the CDC website.

CDC recommends that people ages 5 years and older receive one updated (bivalent) booster if it has been at least 2 months since their last COVID-19 vaccine dose, whether that was:

People who have gotten more than one original (monovalent) booster are also recommended to get an updated (bivalent) booster.

y’all are pathetic.

I got my bivalent booster two months ago.  You’re saying I need to get another one, doc?

Is “two months ago” the same as “more than two months ago”? You tell me.

So I need to go tomorrow then?

My man said that he has had a negative reaction to the shot he got a few days ago.  He then asked how often he needs to get it.  And you told him if it’s been more than 2 months since his last one.  Why?  You know he just took  it.  Yet, you want to call out other’s reading comprehension? 🤣

22 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

So I need to go tomorrow then?

My man said that he has had a negative reaction to the shot he got a few days ago.  He then asked how often he needs to get it.  And you told him if it’s been more than 2 months since his last one.  Why?  You know he just took  it.  Yet, you want to call out other’s reading comprehension? 🤣

Actually, he asked how often are people recommended to get it. There is no recommendation other than to get one if it’s been more than two months since your last booster. So that is what I wrote. He didn’t ask about himself and I didn’t tell him when he should get his next booster.

Because no one knows yet. It depends on the future variants and the vaccines ability to work against them.

China orders lockdowns, mass testing after record COVID surge

China has ordered mass testing in the eastern city of Nanjing in Jiangsu province, the latest measure as the country for a second day in a row reported a record number of COVID-19 infections since the pandemic began.

China on Friday reported more than 32,000 infections in the past 24 hours, up from more than 31,000 reported on Thursday. The vast majority of the cases have been asymptomatic.

The numbers on Thursday and Friday surpassed a previous record set in April of just below 30,000 cases. That surge resulted in the commercial hub of Shanghai, home to 25 million people, being put under a two-month lockdown.

The newest wave has been accompanied by restrictions slowly tightening across the country, which has pursued a controversial zero-COVID policy aimed at eradicating the virus completely.

Click on the link for the full article

Protests erupt across China in unprecedented challenge to Xi Jinping’s zero-Covid policy

Protests erupted across China on Saturday, including at universities and in Shanghai where hundreds chanted “Step down, Xi Jinping! Step down, Communist Party!” in an unprecedented show of defiance against the country’s stringent and increasingly costly zero-Covid policy.

A deadly fire at an apartment block in Urumqi, the capital of the far western region of Xinjiang, which killed 10 people and injured nine on Thursday has acted as a catalyst for searing public anger, as videos emerged that seemed to suggest lockdown measures delayed firefighters from reaching the victims.

On dozens of university campuses, students held gatherings or put up posters to grieve the dead from the Xinjiang fire and speak out against zero-Covid. In several cities, residents in locked-down neighborhoods tore down barriers and took to the streets, following mass anti-lockdown protests that swept Urumqi on Friday night.

Such widespread scenes of anger and defiance – some of which stretched well into Sunday – are exceptionally rare in China, where the ruling Communist Party ruthlessly cracks down on all expressions of dissent. But three years into the pandemic, many people have been pushed to the brink by the government’s incessant use of lockdowns, Covid tests and quarantines.

The ratcheting-up of restrictions in recent months, coupled with a series of heartbreaking deaths blamed on an over-zealous policing of the controls, has brought matters to a head.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb up 1

On 11/19/2022 at 10:46 AM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

y’all are pathetic.

The problem is you answered a question nobody asked:

”How often should people get vaccinated” (repeat vaccinations)

…is different from:

”When should people get vaccinated again” (once)

The CDC text you quoted only talks about getting another vax, not about how often you need to get vaxxed. 

21 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

The problem is you answered a question nobody asked:

”How often should people get vaccinated” (repeat vaccinations)

…is different from:

”When should people get vaccinated again” (once)

The CDC text you quoted only talks about getting another vax, not about how often you need to get vaxxed. 

The information I provided is the only information there is. No problem in providing information.

No one has said specifically how many times a year you will need to get vaxed so I provided the most pertinent information.

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The information I provided is the only information there is. No problem in providing information.

No one has said specifically how many times a year you will need to get vaxed so I provided the most pertinent information.

Again, you answered a question nobody asked…then provided info to a question nobody asked.

Put another way:

You said “I didn’t say every two months. That is a foward looking statement.”

The question you answered, though, was a forward looking question. So a forward looking statement was expected. 

Instead of insulting people’s reading comprehension skills, better to reflect on if there was anything you did to add to the confusion.

21 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Again, you answered a question nobody asked…then provided info to a question nobody asked.

Put another way:

The question you answered, though, was a forward looking question. So a forward looking statement was expected. 

Instead of insulting people’s reading comprehension skills, better to reflect on if there was anything you did to add to the confusion.

How OFTEN does cc84 self-clown in the tailgate?

Every two months?  Or more OFTEN?

• Haha 1

On 11/19/2022 at 10:09 AM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

imagine how you’ll feel with Long COVID after the vaccines wear off…

Imagine how you feel if you did all the right things and don't end up catching it. Washing your hands and wearing a mask and social distancing when among lots of people even today. 

My last vaccine shot was back in February of 2021.

49 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Imagine how you feel if you did all the right things and don't end up catching it. Washing your hands and wearing a mask and social distancing when among lots of people even today. 

My last vaccine shot was back in February of 2021.

Yeah, you should do both things. Currently wearing a mask as a type this.

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Put another way:

I was providing the only information available. No it didn’t exactly answer his question, but no one has the answer to that question. So I provided an actionable answer.