Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

22 minutes ago, Supernatural24 said:

what bit them was the imported workers they warehoused in buildings w/o the basic protection and monitoring the native Singapore folk enjoyed.

tis easy to be free of problems if you ignore them.

I like that we have rich people talking on the news about getting the poor people back to work but closing down lunch rooms and break rooms so that they can stay at their machines and the dumb asses are probably cheering that **** on. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, China said:

Maybe this should go in the anti-vaxxers thread.

I have an acquaintance through work who shared a post on “how to decline a vaccination” to his Facebook yesterday.  Asked him why he would want to decline a vaccine (in general) and he came back with some nonsens about not trusting something with Bill Gates’ name on it.  Then when I pressed further he said that one time his father got really sick after a flu shot one time.

I stopped pressing after that.  Just not worth it.

8 hours ago, China said:

Maybe this should go in the anti-vaxxers thread.

If they don't want the vaccine, they can't go to work, that should be simple.

As for reports some folks are testing positive again, one theory I've seen floating around is for folks that are asymptomatic the body probably didn't develop enough antibodies because it didn't think it was necessary. 

The real question is if some comes out the hospital from COVID-19 do they end up back in there from the same strain from lack of antibodies.

19 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I have an acquaintance through work who shared a post on “how to decline a vaccination” to his Facebook yesterday.  Asked him why he would want to decline a vaccine (in general) and he came back with some nonsens about not trusting something with Bill Gates’ name on it.  Then when I pressed further he said that one time his father got really sick after a flu shot one time.

I stopped pressing after that.  Just not worth it.

The "I won't take anything that has Bill Gates's name on it" thing is nutty. They're treating it like he's their waiter and they're worried that he's going to beat off in the break room into their vaccine and serve it to them. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Supernatural24 said:

Talked to my buddy in Singapore, this post is misleading.  Virtually all of the cases in Singapore are compounds of laborers who are living like 8 people to an apartment and can’t socially distance.

This has nothing to do with relaxing measures.

• Thanks 1

I don't want to take the first vaccine -- simply because I won't really trust its effectivness and side effects but particularly if there's something "wrong" that's huge.   I also won't go through the airport backscatter machines either (at this point this one might be a bit tinfoily...). 

Not anti-vax in general, but I don't trust the system, quality control and government oversight process.  It's not the same oversight that gave us Boeing MAX -- but same type of lost trust in that system.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

He's way too respectful.  Call out this foolishness.  Cuz Ingraham swears she knows what she's talking about.  She sits there and goes "right, right" like she understands, when we all know she doesnt believe what he's telling her.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 2