Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep as to the point below, me among others took some grief from some for rooting for losses at the end of that season to get that #2 pick but it was worth it.  Imagine if the Giants got Chase instead?  If so, I got no doubt them and not us would be in first. 

wed have thomas who hasnt looked very good as our lt

1 minute ago, YoungPredator99 said:

The announcer on fox Greg Jennings said that Young reminds him Julius Peppers, a dominant athletic freak. Rodney Harrison on NBC said that Young will be the best player in the league. He was a one man wrecking crew today, and is the leader of what is shaping up to be a dominant defense. 

Na he doesnt get enough QB hits lolol /s

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Chase Young I dare say remibds me of Sean Taylor a defensive player that can take over a game

I was thinking the same thing. Sean single handly won games for us and fired up our team and Chase did that tonight. What you said was my exact thoughts while watching the game.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, D’Pablo said:

****ing incredible. The best Washington defensive effort I’ve ever seen.

I think our effort against Pittsburgh was even more impressive, but two games in a row was something I really, really wanted to see from this group.

• Thanks 1

The point below is something that was evident in Ohio State and I commented on it before the draft.  That is, Young isn't only a stud player but also a vocal leader.  As I said then we got so many quiet dudes on defense, we can use a dude that provides some personality spark.  Kerrigan said recently that Young is the main leader on defense and that's who drives the unit.  Rivera said something similar but not as direct as that.     

We've been missing that type player after London Fletcher left.  After Fletcher, D.  Hall took over that role.  But arguably after him, we've not really had that guy.   Ironically its been Fletcher and Hall before the last two games who narrated their pump up pregame vidoes. 

Some say Jonathan Allen is that guy but people who cover the team have said Allen is more on the quiet side but when he speaks people listen.  But in short I don't get the impression that Allen is that vocal.  Ditto Payne, Kerrigan, Sweat, Ioanndis, Holcomb, etc.   I think that unit needed among other things a personality to galvanize them.  And Young is clearly that guy.  On the sidelines even when the offense has the ball you can see the dude is just bouncing with nonstop energy and keeps urging his teammates on. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

See I don't mind losing out if my team is out of the playoff race.  That got us Chase Young, but it still rubs me the wrong way how so many posters here wanted us to lose out this year because they want it all or nothing.  Great teams manage to find great players regardless of where they pick in the draft.

Let's get a winning culture here again and then we can start putting the final pieces in place to make a serious run for a championship.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Also got to thank Trent for the holdout last season -- also helped them land Chase.  Here's him with Chase after the game.

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 8.59.07 PM.png

both couls have been on the same team

however kyle smith has been on fire with our 3rd rounders so long Williams