Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

I totally agree that getting in a totally new coaching staff and FO under new ownership’s is going to help resign guys. Especially if we get some known commodities with great reputations. If I were Chase, I might not want to resign with Ron. I’m glad that’s not the case. 

Also, we may lose Sweat, but worst case, we lose Sweat and Franchise Chase. I’m absolutely against losing Chase in FA. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

One of the many things that the Eagles do that is smart is they usually get extensions done BEFORE all the leverage goes to the player.  Ron likes to run the script out to FA or just before.  And this team literally pays the price for it.

Yep exactly. 

A smarter FO would have looked to resign Sweat after the 2021 season. Maybe you overpay slightly at the time, but you get the guy locked up early.

Imagine if we had resigned Payne a year earlier. We probably save $10 Mil+. Ditto Allen.

Not picking up Young's 5th year was a huge misplay. If we had, we could have at the very least tagged Sweat and guaranteed both guys for 2024 and buy us time to work out long term extensions, or at the very least given us more leverage for a trade(most teams won't trade much for a guy who is gonna be a FA in a couple months).

This FO is just full of boomer dinosaurs who have absolutely no idea how to operate with foresight or vision. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

One of the national insiders forgetting whom alluded to Chase wants to push this to FA as to this team whereas Sweat is more likely to work something out.

In other words, that gives me the impression that Chase's tact might be the Kirk-Scherff tact of franchise me multiple seasons to keep me and then I leave in FA.

Considering that and I get the impression that Ron's relationship is better with Sweat than it is was Chase and Keim has said multiple times they'd rather keep Sweat -- I'd bet if one of them is moved its Chase.

But as Chris Russell just said this regime isn't self aware so he's skeptical that they end up sellers considering this regime thinks they are better than they are.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Couldn't care less who Rivera is on better terms with. He's gone in a couple months anyway.

Neither do I but unless something has changed behind the scenes, he has the keys to the castle until he's gone at the end of the season.  So his feelings might be relevant if one is traded.

I am still betting he does nothing considering best case for him for this season is to do nothing.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Imagine Chase and Watt on the same team, that's insane.  The Steelers are also of course more likely to get more out of Chase than this coaching staff.

That was my first thought as soon as all this trade talk started.

Steelers defense is a ton of fun to watch already.

• Like 2

I think the market will be better then we think.

Pitt

Kc

Bal

Sf

Jacksonville 

Buffalo 

All could use a pass rusher and are in win now mode.  I doubt it but, maybe one of those teams would give a first round pick? I thought they would let Payne walk but he played to good last year. I do fear Young leaves here and then becomes a superstar.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

I think if you can get a 2nd and a 5th for Sweat or a 2nd and a pick in 2025, I probably do it. If it comes to it, I can see Toohill as a decent starter who can get you a few sacks, play the run well and play coverage as an extra backer if needed. 

EDIT: The backup plan is that there are a bunch of starting caliber EDGEs in FAyou can get a for a fraction of what Sweat would demand - Epenesa, Armstrong, C. Harris, etc.

Edited by method man
  • Like 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

I hate when all these trade rumors start up. I think right now our expectations are reasonable. However, after the fact fans will be saying we could have gotten four firsts for chase and how we should have done it. when in all reality we have no idea what we’d get and it’s probably something similar to what SIP posted, a 3rd at best to a 6th.

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Imagine Chase and Watt on the same team, that's insane.  The Steelers are also of course more likely to get more out of Chase than this coaching staff.

They also have Alex Highsmith who IMO is a better player than Young at this stage but Chase is starting to heat up now.