Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

I think I just hate watching play football...

Has he always quit on the play when the ball goes away from him? Late in the game a TE blocked him as a play went the other way, and he literally just stood there...

Edited by CRobi21

22 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

I think I just hate watching play football...

Has he always quit on the play when the ball goes away from him? Late in the game a TE blocked him as a play went the other way, and he literally just stood there...

Jesus. He has 5 sacks in 6 games and had 2 today and another half sack came was taken off the board by a penalty. I know we all wanted Lawrence Taylor, but Chase is very good. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Jesus. He has 5 sacks in 6 games and had 2 today and another half sack came was taken off the board by a penalty. I know we all wanted Lawrence Taylor, but Chase is very good. 

We suck hard enough to finally get a top pick without trading away future assets (RG3), and all we get is "very good." 🙄

Yea, see that pisses me off. He's not worth a big $ new contract and we can't really trade him. We've gotten nothing out of that #2 pick, save a good run of plays his rookie year (against lower tiered opponents, which seems to be all his production comes off of). 

A bust in every sense of the word.

10 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

and frankly he chases plays down from behind plenty

Chase has been doing it this year so far.

There should pretty much be no path forward for him other than:

-Tag and/or new contract and playing here.

-Traded for assets, either forced in season by Harris or a tag and trade in the offseason.

Anything less is malpractice. He can not be allowed to walk for nothing.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

-Traded for assets, either forced in season by Harris or a tag and trade in the offseason.

You have lame ducks as the GMs. Hard to see them extracting maximum value for him. Maybe they get lucky and a couple teams drive up his price. But I’m not holding my breath.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

You have lame ducks as the GMs. Hard to see them extracting maximum value for him. Maybe they get lucky and a couple teams drive up his price. But I’m not holding my breath.

lame ducks as GM might prevent long term contract negotiation.  I don't see how it would affect making trades

The roster isnt bad. Its not good,  but it isnt bad. There are enough good players to win 9 games or so.

But the coaching sucks. We get no advantage from our staff. You look at other teams and how their guys get schemed to be in positions to succeed. Ours dont. 

I hate this offensive scheme. There are no quick hitters. We dont scheme easy completions. Every pass attempt takes twenty years to develop. OL aren’t given any help. It’s basically Scott Turners offense without the random gadget play that loses 5 yards. I feel like Rivera is having too much of an influence on EB. 

Defensive scheme sucks too. We play too passively and start too slow too often. There’s enough talent to at least be a top 10 unit. But to their credit they at least shut down the Giants in the 2nd half. 

Im done with Rivera and all the coaches. I dont hate the roster but the OL needs overhauling. I doubt Howell will be the guy but he deserves a full season. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

A new FO needs to negotiate an extension with Chase this spring.  To me that's the only good outcome.  Harris pushing his nose in and directly managing the roster midseason would be absolutely unacceptable.

Ron messed up by not picking up Chase's option.  He lost sight of the plan with Chase, and as a result put us in an unnecessary bind of having two key premium asset players hit free agency in the same off-season.

At the end of the day, if we have to let Montez walk to keep Chase, then so be it.  But we need to keep Chase.

• Like 1

I’m fine with keeping Chase. Or Sweat. But not both.

I think I’d prefer Young at this point. He’s had peaks and valleys this season but he looks to be coming back to rookie form. 

I’m not entirely sure we can stop them from walking, though. I suppose we could tag either of them… but the idea of holding them hostage is off putting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Ron messed up by not picking up Chase's option.  He lost sight of the plan with Chase, and as a result put us in an unnecessary bind of having two key premium asset players hit free agency in the same off-season.

Yep agreed 100%. I said so as much when we went this route that we would regret not exercising his 5th year. It was such a stupid decision.

I hope the new GM can extend Young. If not, franchise him and just accept that we have to let Sweat walk for nothing(unless we trade him during the season but that ain't happening with this dinosaur crew of coaches/FO).

I effing hate this regime. Its Allen/Cerrato level inept.

Just now, DWinzit said:

At this point...Will Chase or Montez want to resign here? I doubt it. They are going to want to move to a winning organization.

I mean we managed to keep Mclaurin, Allen, and Payne. Its all about the $ with these guys. 

You got good players you pay them.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean we managed to keep Mclaurin, Allen, and Payne. Its all about the $ with these guys. 

While I agree, there is a point where many players are sick of losing. Now they know they will need to stat over yet again with a new GM and coaching staff and schemes.

I bet neither resign and they will tag one of them to strap them here for one year

38 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yes but not everyone acts the same way or for the same reasons. It’s entirely possible Young would be giddy to stay. Or Sweat. Or both. Or neither. I don’t know them personally.

Wouldn’t blame either for wanting to get their own fresh start, though. And I could see them wanting to do just that based on this team as a whole. 

I’m not entirely convinced losing them would be horrible. We’d probably get more consistency at edge but less impact.  And by less I mean by a decent margin. Unfortunately for us we need that impact thing because our defense is so egregiously bad at times. 

I think we can replace one without feeling an impact. Two? Maybe. If we get improved backer play. But that’s not a given. 

• Thumb up 1

I could see Young wanting out. He has superstar aspirations and he probably won't get that here. It'll take some convincing from the new GM/HC. I could see him wanting to go to a franchise where he can really shine. Somewhere he can go to the national spotlight and make a name for himself. 

Sweat though I think if we offered him a good deal he'd take it. 

• Like 1

If Harris was smart he would do a firesale now... 

Get rid of all expensive players coming up for big contracts for draft pics:

Sweat and Young - trade both for pics

Curl - keep he should be reasonably cheap

Brisset - trade him to a team with an injured starter

Lucas - one of few decent tackles on this O line, easily worth a 3rd

Gibson and Samuels - we could get something for both

keep/ resign lower tier guys on the cheap.

Tank for a high pick/ QB in 24 - rebuild the team, starting with a QB but with a real GM and HC

Trading Young now would be foolish. He's finally becoming the player we thought. I'd try to resign him. At the very least, you tag him in the offseason and trade him then where you get more value. Nobody is gonna give up much for short term rental.

I would trade Sweat because if I'm resigning Young, there is no chance I also resign Sweat. Get something for him.

Nobody else has any real discernible value. Curl is a nice player but we overrate him here. He never makes big plays. He's a Ryan Clark type heady team leader but not a dynamic game changer. I'd like to keep him but if he walks, he walks. With a new defensive staff likely taking over his value plummets.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1