Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

43 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

You mean this thread isn't 169 pages deep of people talking about how good he is?  

Let me explain...no, there is too much, let me sum up:

1. OMGZ CHASE YOUNG WILL BREAK ALL SACKZ!!

2. WHERE ARE THE SACKZ?!?!?!?!

3. OMGZ CHASE YOUNG IS A BUSSST!!!! SHOULD OF TAKEN JUSTIN BURROZ OR JOE HERBERZ!!!

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Let me explain...no, there is too much, let me sum up:

April - September -  1. OMGZ CHASE YOUNG WILL BREAK ALL SACKZ!!

Week 2 - 2. WHERE ARE THE SACKZ?!?!?!?!

Week 8 - 3. OMGZ CHASE YOUNG IS A BUSSST!!!! SHOULD OF TAKEN JUSTIN BURROZ OR JOE HERBERZ!!!

Week 12 - 4.  HE HAD A SACK!!! LT!!

Fixed it. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

When you post like this

Then misspell the name of the player that you are referencing while saying we should have gone after Burrow instead of Young when Burrow wasn't even on the board, you're subjecting yourself to a ton of jokes.... 

Of course!  Then again when you try to reply out of excitement the thread has aged 5 pages of all the people saying the same thing you are... there's probably 300 posts of people just saying "TERRY!" or "SACK!" lol 

Dude, I never mean't to give off the impression that I thought we should go for Burrow or anyone else. If that was how my post was interpreted, than that is my fault. However, I think I've at least tried to explain what I was trying to say and it isn't that hard to understand. I don't know, maybe the third time will be the charm?

I did feel that Young wasn't performing to the level of expectations of such a high draft pick. There was a lot of talk that he was overrated and I was really starting to buy into that sentiment. However, when you have a professional (not me) break down his play and effect on the defense for the everyday fan (me), you can see how valuable he is to the team and will be for the foreseeable future. People like me who don't study the film or watch that intensely, don't see a lot of the nuance he brings to the defense, we see sacks and tackles. When we don't see that, we wonder "Where is Chase?". It wasn't just myself, it was all over the radio, tv and even on this board. 

We took a vote, his name is Burrows now. I'll show you the votes later...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Dude, I never mean't to give off the impression that I thought we should go for Burrow or anyone else. If that was how my post was interpreted, than that is my fault. However, I think I've at least tried to explain what I was trying to say and it isn't that hard to understand. I don't know, maybe the third time will be the charm?

I did feel that Young wasn't performing to the level of expectations of such a high draft pick. There was a lot of talk that he was overrated and I was really starting to buy into that sentiment. However, when you have a professional (not me) break down his play and effect on the defense for the everyday fan (me), you can see how valuable he is to the team and will be for the foreseeable future. People like me who don't study the film or watch that intensely, don't see a lot of the nuance he brings to the defense, we see sacks and tackles. When we don't see that, we wonder "Where is Chase?". It wasn't just myself, it was all over the radio, tv and even on this board. 

We took a vote, his name is Burrows now. I'll show you the votes later...

I'm not pounding you for your opinion, it was the tone of your post that opened you up to people making light of some of the things you've posted.  What you feel about Chase Young has nothing to do with the cracks people are taking..  It's LITERALLY insinuating that you're smarter than the average football fan...  Then the smarmy crack about a lot of people on this board not knowing anything about football either was a little bit of a spotlight on yourself for some humor.  People were giving you a hard time because of it... hence the guy who asked if you know a lot about football or not... or the guy referencing him saying he 'burrows underground to avoid having to play another down behind that OL'  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OVCChairman said:

I'm not pounding you for your opinion, it was the tone of your post that opened you up to people making light of some of the things you've posted.  What you feel about Chase Young has nothing to do with the cracks people are taking..  It's LITERALLY insinuating that you're smarter than the average football fan...  Then the smarmy crack about a lot of people on this board not knowing anything about football either was a little bit of a spotlight on yourself for some humor.  People were giving you a hard time because of it... hence the guy who asked if you know a lot about football or not... or the guy referencing him saying he 'burrows underground to avoid having to play another down behind that OL'  

1. Sorry I put an "S" on his last name.

2. A lot of posters on this board and fans in general felt the same way I did about Young...which means they don't know a lot about football. If admitting I was wrong about him because I didn't know enough to make an accurate assessment is considered smarmy. Then I apologize.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

1. Sorry I put an "S" on his last name.

2. A lot of posters on this board and fans in general felt the same way I did about Young...which means they don't know a lot about football. If admitting I was wrong about him because I didn't know enough to make an accurate assessment is considered smarmy. Then I apologize.

it's all good bud, just some crap talking on a message board.  

7 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

it's all good bud, just some crap talking on a message board.  

Cool, I'm going to smoke now. I skipped work for a reason.

I did hear on 106.7 that, arguably, the Steelers have been up against some of the worst defenses this year on top of having the easiest schedule of any team. I don't think they're as bullet proof as people think, but I haven't seen many of their games this year. I'm hoping Young and the rest of the defense can feast on them and help out our offense as much as possible.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Cool, I'm going to smoke now. I skipped work for a reason.

I did hear on 106.7 that, arguably, the Steelers have been up against some of the worst defenses this year on top of having the easiest schedule of any team. I don't think they're as bullet proof as people think, but I haven't seen many of their games this year. I'm hoping Young and the rest of the defense can feast on them and help out our offense as much as possible.

That's very true... The best team they've beat is the Ravens.  This past weeks can't be used as a barometer but if you look at their first matchup... Pittsburgh was not impressive.  They only reason they even had a chance in that game was because Lamar Jackson did his best imitation of Rex Grossman for some god awful reason.   

Ben is going to get the ball out quick.  If i'm not mistaken, he has the fastest snap to release average in the NFL, so expect a lot of what we saw in the first half vs. the Bengals... unfortunately.  The D-line and DBs are going to have to make plays... This is the type of game that we need Young and Sweat to take over if we can use the pass rush to our advantage.... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

That's very true... The best team they've beat is the Ravens.  This past weeks can't be used as a barometer but if you look at their first matchup... Pittsburgh was not impressive.  They only reason they even had a chance in that game was because Lamar Jackson did his best imitation of Rex Grossman for some god awful reason.   

Ben is going to get the ball out quick.  If i'm not mistaken, he has the fastest snap to release average in the NFL, so expect a lot of what we saw in the first half vs. the Bengals... unfortunately.  The D-line and DBs are going to have to make plays... This is the type of game that we need Young and Sweat to take over if we can use the pass rush to our advantage.... 

Well, should be an interesting game. I don't drink anymore, but I plan being toasted for this game...at 5pm...on a Monday. Steeler fans annoy me, it would be nice to shut them up for once.

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

This board seems to self-destruct more when we’re playing well than when we’re a 53 man trainwreck. It’s almost like we don’t know how to handle winning.

Its like when you give a kid a piece of cake who was never allowed to have sweets. Next thing you know...

bd66a39146e3421d56b2bd1a9306c065.jpg

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

They beat the Titans on the road and blew out the Browns who are both 8-3.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

This board seems to self-destruct more when we’re playing well than when we’re a 53 man trainwreck. It’s almost like we don’t know how to handle winning.

Thats because it's either Super Bowl or start over.  A lot of this teams fans are completely comfortable getting upset until we have the best 22 starters in the NFL... It's the Madden mentality unfortunately... no growth or nuance.  Players are viewed to be what they are with no development assumed.  Terry McLaurin is beloved because he came out on fire.. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

They beat the Titans on the road and blew out the Browns who are both 8-3.

We were beating Cleveland 20-17 to start the 4th quarter when we played them, and Sept / Oct Derrick Henry is not Nov / Dec Derrick Henry.  Tennessee lost to Cincinnati  the week after they lost to Pittsburgh.  

Baltimore dominated Pittsburgh defensively but Lamar Jackson gave the game away.

The original point was also how Pittsburgh has gone up against a lot of bad defenses.  Tennessee and Cleveland don't have defenses on the same level as Baltimore.  

Edited by OVCChairman

4 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Winning isn't our comfort zone, crappy 53 man trainwrecks are norm.  Any time we win, I have a hard time trusting that it's real and will last.  So I do understand when people are the way they are....haha.

• Like 1

Telling this fan base that it can't handle winning is like telling the alcoholic at the end of the bar to go home after one beer. Way to premature.

We are 4-7. Are we improving? Absolutely. Are we winning... not so much.

The only way you can get drunk off of 4 wins is if you include the heavy drinking used to cope w/ the 7 loses.

Hopefully the continued development of our young core of players like Young will change that in the coming seasons. Our D-line is bringing one of the highest pressure rates in the NFL. The early season idea that we SHOULD be able to build a team around this line has been answered. We CAN build a team around this line. Its not just on paper anymore, they have pretty much proven it. That is a nice form of progress.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

Telling this fan base that it can't handle winning is like telling the alcoholic at the end of the bar to go home after one beer. Way to premature.

We are 4-7. Are we improving? Absolutely. Are we winning... not so much.

The only way you can get drunk off of 4 wins is if you include the heavy drinking used to cope w/ the 7 loses.

Hopefully the continued development of our young core of players like Young will change that in the coming seasons. Our D-line is bringing one of the highest pressure rates in the NFL. The early season idea that we SHOULD be able to build a team around this line has been answered. We CAN build a team around this line. Its not just on paper anymore, they have pretty much proven it. That is a nice form of progress.

Well, considering the team hadn't won 2 in a row in over 2 years, we'll take what we can get.

• Sad 1

We're improving but we're nowhere near a good team. We're better than last year for sure, and definitely trending upward. I predicted we'd finish 6-10 this year but be a tough hard fought out for most teams and if we give the Steelers a game that's about where we'll finish. Of course nobody foresaw that leading to an NFC East crown.

• Like 1

The fact that our players feel the need to speak up in defense of Young once again speaks to the culture here. The fanbase is not known to be loyal. The players hear the constant complaining. While much has been warranted over the years, our fans take it too far. For many, the complaining has just become habitual, and it makes this a less than desirable environment to develop players in. I keep this in mind when I see fans also proposing going after any QB who may need time to grow. This is not the place. Young is already being schemed like one of the top pass rushers in the league, and our fans are still on radio shows and message boards low key calling him a bust. We have to do better.

41 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

The fanbase is very loyal.  We're just giving the Team ownership what it's given us over the years.  Winning changes everything.

this fanbase is loyal to the brand, not the players.  This fanbase will vilify a player or label them bust with the quickness.  There is a reason that 'the most popular person in Washington is the backup Quarterback.'  

You can listen to local sports talk radio and hear it.  Weeks 1 - 4 fans were clamoring for Kyle Allen or Alex Smith, When we kept losing with Allen, there was a bigger push for Smith.  When Smith lost the first 2 games he played in, and has been less than elite in the two victories, people are on the radio now talking about giving Haskins another shot.  It was the same thing in 2013 with Griffin / Cousins / McCoy.   People wanted to trade Kerrigan for 'any return' because we have talent at the position.... meanwhile he's a legacy player who is the current sack leader in franchise history.  

I am not a Kirk guy, believe me... I did not want to pay him what he ultimately got, but he's been the most consistent and successful QB this team has seen in 30 years...  outside of maybe Mark Brunnell. 

Edited by OVCChairman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

this fanbase is loyal to the brand, not the players.  This fanbase will vilify a player or label them bust with the quickness.  There is a reason that 'the most popular person in Washington is the backup Quarterback.'  

You can listen to local sports talk radio and hear it.  Weeks 1 - 4 fans were clamoring for Kyle Allen or Alex Smith, When we kept losing with Allen, there was a bigger push for Smith.  When Smith lost the first 2 games he played in, and has been less than elite in the two victories, people are on the radio now talking about giving Haskins another shot.  It was the same thing in 2013 with Griffin / Cousins / McCoy.   People wanted to trade Kerrigan for 'any return' because we have talent at the position.... meanwhile he's a legacy player who is the current sack leader in franchise history.  

I am not a Kirk guy, believe me... I did not want to pay him what he ultimately got, but he's been the most consistent and successful QB this team has seen in 30 years...  outside of maybe Mark Brunnell. 

Mark Brunnell?  He was pretty bad.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

20 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm not going to let a good performance against an OL full of guys off the street 

Mark Brunnell?  He was pretty bad.  

Was anyone else clearly better or more consistent than what Cousins has turned into? 

To take this a step further, it's a perfect example.  Brunell was 13 - 15 here..  In those 30 years I believe he's the closest to .500 of any QB we've had not named Alex Smith.. He did exactly what Alex Smith is asked to do now... Ride the coat tails of a top tier defense and Clinton Portis.  Make a couple plays when you can, but don't make the big mistake... 

He got pushed out for Jason Campbell.... 

Edited by OVCChairman