Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins 2020 opponents

hail2skins

Home: Dallas, Philly, NYG, LA Rams, Seattle, Baltimore, Cincy, Carolina

Away: Dallas, Philly, NYG, San Fran, Arizona, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit

Specific dates of course not released until sometime in April. Rams, Seahawks, and Ravens are interesting home opponent non-divisional games to potentially attend. Look forward to an exciting Skins team next season...…..at least a lot better than this year!!

Possible wins are vs giants (usually we’ve ended up splitting with them the last couple of years), bengals, panthers, cardinals, browns and lions. 

Seahawks will destroy us, as will the rams, ravens, 49ers, Steelers, cowboys and eagles. 

So....6-10 at best, 0-16 at worst. 

Sigh. **** me why do i do this to myself 😂😂😂😂😂😂

On 12/22/2019 at 9:08 PM, hail2skins said:

Home: Dallas, Philly, NYG, LA Rams, Seattle, Baltimore, Cincy, Carolina

Away: Dallas, Philly, NYG, San Fran, Arizona, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit

7 losses at least, with our current team.

If I made the 2020 schedule:

Week 1:  Dallas- The new coach gets to prove his mettle right away

Week 2: Baltimore- Our lone MNF game against the probable defending Superbowl Champs

Week 3: @Detroit

Week 4: @Cleveland

Week 5: Philly

Week 6: Bye - Earlier this time

Week 7: @ New York

Week 8: Los Angeles

Week 9 @San Francisco

Week 10: @Arizona

Week 11: Carolina

Week 12: @Dallas

Week 13: Cincinnati

Week 14: Seattle

Week 15: @Pittsburgh

Week 16: New York

Week 17: @Philly

As long as the skins @steelers game is NOT Thursday December 10th, Sunday December 13th, or Monday December 14th, I’m happy. My brothers fiancé and her family are huge Steelers fans so they invited me to Pittsburgh whenever the skins play there next year, and the weekend of the dates i just listed is my sisters wedding weekend in NYC.

Anyone know gooddells number, so i can call him to inform him of this? 😂😂😂😂 

2 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

Jesus Christ, what a schedule. Isn't the last place team supposed to get a bit of a breather? 

No.

This myth gets perpetuated every year. To this day I can't believe there are still who keep repeating the "last place schedule" non sense.

14 of the 16 games every year are decided in advance. You play another division in the NFC which rotates every three years and one division in the AFC which rotates every four years.

The other two games are against the other two remaining NFC division teams that finished the same standing as you. Of course, it guarantees nothing. This year one of those games for us was the 49ers.

Next time you hear someone say "last place schedule" or "first place schedule", smack em upside the head.

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The other two games are against the other two remaining NFC division teams that finished the same standing as you. Of course, it guarantees nothing. This year one of those games for us was the 49ers.

We're playing the 49ers because they are in the NFC West, which is the NFC division we are playing every team from (aside ours) in 2020. The two NFC teams we are playing that finished in the same relative standing as us are Carolina and Detroit.

But yes, to your overall point, I look forward to that date in April when the official schedule is released and countless folks on here will gripe about how its the toughest schedule in league history, how the placement of our bye is either too early or too late, and how our Thursday night game is in the most inconvenient spot possible.

I look forward to that date in April when the official schedule is released and countless folks on here will gripe about how its the toughest schedule in league history, how the placement of our bye is either too early or too late, and how our Thursday night game is in the most inconvenient spot possible.

>> Well if Bruce Allen is still around, I won't be one of those griping as I will have given up my tickets by then.

44 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

We're playing the 49ers because they are in the NFC West, which is the NFC division we are playing every team from (aside ours) in 2020. The two NFC teams we are playing that finished in the same relative standing as us are Carolina and Detroit.

Yeah i think He meant that this season the 49ers were one of the two same-place teams (3rd place). The other was the panthers right? 

15 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Might actually have a real home game since the Rams dont actually have fans 

That's actually not true.  There are a lot of holdover "Greatest Show on Turf" fans, they just don't live in LA.

13 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Possible wins are vs giants (usually we’ve ended up splitting with them the last couple of years), bengals, panthers, cardinals, browns and lions. 

Seahawks will destroy us, as will the rams, ravens, 49ers, Steelers, cowboys and eagles. 

So....6-10 at best, 0-16 at worst. 

Sigh. **** me why do i do this to myself 😂😂😂😂😂😂

1. We don't know who the GM is going to be for sure.

2. We don't know who the coach is going to be.

3. We don't know who we will draft

4. We don't know who we will sign in FA.

5. We don't know when we will play any of these teams.

Isn't it a BIT early for the schedule game?  You probably aren't entirely wrong, but it's still a bit early...

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

No.

This myth gets perpetuated every year. To this day I can't believe there are still who keep repeating the "last place schedule" non sense.

14 of the 16 games every year are decided in advance. You play another division in the NFC which rotates every three years and one division in the AFC which rotates every four years.

Thank you, you saved me from having to type this.  Again.  For the like 10th year in a row.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Next time you hear someone say "last place schedule" or "first place schedule", smack em upside the head.

Image result for smack him upside the head

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

1. We don't know who the GM is going to be for sure.

2. We don't know who the coach is going to be.

3. We don't know who we will draft

4. We don't know who we will sign in FA.

5. We don't know when we will play any of these teams.

Isn't it a BIT early for the schedule game?  You probably aren't entirely wrong, but it's still a bit early...

We’re the redskins. Until they show me otherwise, it’s NEVER too early to predict a crappy season 😂😂😂 

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

This is the easiest schedule in a long time. 6 NFC east games against garbage teams. Arizona, Detroit, Bengals and Browns. Not bad at all. I’m definitely going to Arizona and San Francisco. 

Despite the more solid play over the past five weeks, we are also one of those NFC East garbage teams.

I'm thinking:

2-4 in division

1-3 vs NFCW

1-3 vs AFCN

2-0 vs others

Maybe give us winning one of those games I have us losing, and I don't feel bad with an early 7-9 pick. Which is where I've been for the past few seasons. But knowing full well that when we do finally hit on that elusive 11-5 or better season, it will come when we least expect it. Would be cool to go from (probably) 3-13 in 2019 to 11-5 in 2020.

21 minutes ago, c slag said:

At San Francisco and at Arizona will be 4:00 start times unless played on Thursday night or Monday night 

Unlike this season where at Dallas was the only late Sunday game 

And this week's game was actually scheduled to be at 1 and was just flexed. 

3 hours ago, c slag said:

At San Francisco and at Arizona will be 4:00 start times unless played on Thursday night or Monday night 

Unlike this season where at Dallas was the only late Sunday game 

Yep. I doubt Either of those get prime time game consideration so probably at least two 4 pm games at least (depending on when in the season they occur and what the records Are) 

18 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

No.

This myth gets perpetuated every year. To this day I can't believe there are still who keep repeating the "last place schedule" non sense

OK, thanks for the education. 

Being one of those fans old enough to clearly remember the Jack Pardee era of the team, I must've still been stuck in the old days, when there WAS a scheduling difference in the last place teams. This from Wikipedia on the way schedules were determined up until 1994. 

There was a special so-called "last place" or "fifth-place" schedule for teams who finished in last place in a five-team division. In addition to their division games, a team who finished in last place in the previous season would also primarily play the other teams who finished in last place in their respective divisions

But now I know better, and I look forward to some dumb schmuck asking this question next year so that I, too, can come at them as if they're a Grade A moron. 

Archived