Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread -Eagles at Redskins

TK

ANNOUNCEMENT OF INACTIVES

LANDOVER, Md. – The Washington Redskins have announced the following inactives and lineup changes for today’s game against the Philadelphia Eagles:

The Redskins declared the following players as inactive:

o   No. 12 QB Colt McCoy

o   No. 18 WR Trey Quinn

o   No. 23 CB Quinton Dunbar 

o   No. 40 LB Josh Harvey-Clemons

o   No. 64 C Ross Pierschbacher

o   No. 75 G Brandon Scherff

o   No. 83 TE Caleb Wilson 

The Eagles declared the following players as inactive:

o   No. 7 QB Nate Sudfeld

o   No. 13 WR Nelson Agholor 

o   No. 24 RB Jordan Howard 

o   No. 51 DE Shareef Miller

o   No. 65 T Lane Johnson

o   No. 78 G Sua Opeta

o   No. 96 DE Derek Barnett

No. 13 Kelvin Harmon is expected to start in place of No. 10 Paul Richardson Jr. at wide receiver.

No. 15 Steven Sims Jr. is expected to start in place of No. 18 Trey Quinn at wide receiver.

No. 41 Danny Johnson is expected to start in place of No. 23 Quinton Dunbar at cornerback.

No. 52 Ryan Anderson is expected to start in place of No. 91 Ryan Kerrigan at linebacker.

No. 67 Wes Martin is expected to start in place of No. 75 Brandon Scherff at guard.

On your flip card for the Redskins, please add No. 83 TE Caleb Wilson and No. 61 T Timon Parris and omit No. 91 LB Ryan Kerrigan and No. 10 WR Paul Richardson Jr. On Friday, the Redskins signed Wilson from Arizona’s practice squad and placed Kerrigan on the reserve/injured list. On Saturday, the Redskins promoted Parris from the practice squad and placed Richardson Jr. on the reserve/injured list.

On your flip card for the Eagles, please add No. 14 WR Robert Davis omit No. 17 WR Alshon Jeffery. On Thursday, the Eagles promoted Davis from the practice squad and placed Jeffrey on the reserve/injured list.

Just now, bakedtater1 said:

Wait, so scherff is a healthy scratch?

I think he's banged up some.  Paulsen's point I take is if Martin plays well maybe they'd be cool with letting Scherff go.

Cooley on a podcast said recently he doesn't think Martin has a good build for guard but looks more like a center.  I guess will see. 

10 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Wait, so scherff is a healthy scratch?

Nope he was listed with elbow and shoulder injuries and questionable through the week.

But nothing serious went out during the whole week, so I believe they are really being easy on him and want to try Martin before letting Scherff hit FA.

Looks like a FO move, because I don't see any reason to go on with the younger dude here. Or Scherff injury is worse than what appeared during the week, which I hardly believe, otherwise, there would have had articles about it.

Archived