Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

More Ryan Anderson please.

wtfskins

Why is this guy not playing more?  He would be a pro bowler on any other team in the NFL.  Teams run right at Sweat cause he can’t handle the run.  But guess who can handle the run? Ryan Anderson can. 

Both Ryan’s should be starting over Sweat.  Sweat should be a situational player.  Pass rush downs and he should get Ryan’s work load while Ryan gets Sweats duties.  I do like Sweat but dude gets pushed back every run play. 

If he don't start on the Dline then turn him into the hardest hitting meanest MLB in the league that stuffs runs and clogs up holes.  

What a waste of good talent on the bench something this organization is known for.  

9 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

I’m sorry, what?

He’s useless as a pass rusher and mediocre as a run stopper. That’s why he’s not playing.

Ryan does have that capability to be a pro bowler, but we will never know in Washington.  Because we play the guys we pay the most for, instead of who works harder.  

Just look at our track record.  If not put him at MLB then.  Sweat gets abused in the run game.  

9 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

I’m sorry, what?

He’s useless as a pass rusher and mediocre as a run stopper. That’s why he’s not playing.

He's not that bad... I dont know if i agree with the OP that he's a probowler, but he's developing into a decent OLB

I'm trying to find the video of it, it ironically popped up this morning, where he diagnosed a pulling guard, attacked him, then shoved him aside and made the tackle in the backfield.  

9 hours ago, wtfskins said:

Ryan does have that capability to be a pro bowler, but we will never know in Washington.  Because we play the guys we pay the most for, instead of who works harder.  

Just look at our track record.  If not put him at MLB then.  Sweat gets abused in the run game.  

He’s a bottom percentile athlete. He’s never gonna be anything.

Don’t believe in players that’s fine this guy is good you watch him flourish on another team just like everyone else we let go.

On 12/10/2019 at 8:59 AM, dicksogj said:

In some ways he reminds me of Moreau - occasional very good or even great plays but then basically disappears during the rest of the game. You have to look at how a player does during the entire game - not just on a few select plays.

You want your cornerback to disappear in a game that means he’s covering his guy no action is perfect.  

9 hours ago, wtfskins said:

Don’t believe in players that’s fine this guy is good you watch him flourish on another team just like everyone else we let go.

You want your cornerback to disappear in a game that means he’s covering his guy no action is perfect.  

That is true.  However with Moreau & some of the other DBs this season it is more a matter of seeing the backs of their jerseys when they are being beat or them missing tackles.  However he & others are improving & are certainly better than Norman.  I didn't mean literally disappearing but rather not having a positive impact.  I will focus a little more on him to see if he is indeed locking down on receivers during the game.

14 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I was wrong about him and I’m happy to admit it.  People were talking about how we need to keep him on the team and I would ask why?  He plays hardest late in the game.  Is he a starter?

I think he could be a decent starting OLB in a 4-3. I don't see him as a viable 3-4 starter. He's not explosive enough to be a good pass rusher at OLB and not big enough to be a starting ILB.

In a 4-3 he could be a good run stopping and dirty work doing OLB. He'll never be a star but guys like him make careers as 7-10 year starters all over the NFL.

Kudos to Anderson this game, he made some serious plays.  

I’m not letting this really change my tune on him though as Lane Johnson was out.  He’s a solid player, particularly as a rotational guy, but we need legit pass rushers ahead of him.  I hope Sweat gets there and I’d love to land Young.  

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Chase Young instantly makes Sweat and Anderson more dangerous. And the entire stacked interior DL we have. And the rest of the D. He's a force multiplier. 

Oh hell ya of course if we can draft chase young we go get him for sure for sure.  Look at the honey badger still playing in the NFL we drafted corners ahead of that guy.  

But we cut Collins he is not worth the money.  No more free agency splashes he is not making 90 million dollar plays out there no one is except Lamar Jackson.  

Archived