Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: REDSKINS SIGN SAFETY AND SPECIAL TEAMS CAPTAIN DESHAZOR EVERETT TO MULTI-YEAR EXTENSION

TK

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

November 3, 2019

REDSKINS SIGN SAFETY AND SPECIAL TEAMS CAPTAIN DESHAZOR EVERETT TO MULTI-YEAR EXTENSION

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed safety Deshazor Everett to a three-year contract extension. Full terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Everett (6-0, 203) is a two-time captain for the Redskins. He was named the team’s special teams captain in 2018 and 2019. He was originally signed to the Redskins practice squad in 2015 and was promoted to the active roster on Oct. 3, 2015. He has appeared in 62 career regular season games with 11 starts, compiling 82 career tackles (51 solo), two interceptions, seven passes defensed and one forced fumble.

Everett played collegiately at Texas A&M from 2011-14, where he appeared in 50 career games for the Aggies. He recorded 218 career tackles (123 solo), 26 passes defensed, five interceptions and one fumble recovery.

Everett, 27, attended DeRidder H.S. in Louisiana where he was a two-time All-Louisiana selection. He was born on Feb. 22, 1992.

2 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Hahaha those first two comments epitomize the skins fan base. Crap on giving an extension to a quality reserve and special teamer that we developed. How stupid.

The fact that he is a special teams and reserve guy should tell you something and not to mention he’s just another soft glass man like half the team. 

This week on 980 radio they pointed out that the Skins never land any star playmakers or "A" players.   They sign "B", C and D level players for the most part.

Everett is which level do you think?  Some players on the team I wish they would sign elsewhere so they are not stuck on a non-playoff team for the rest of their

careers.   If he is glad he signed that new contract then I am happy for him.   We have so many holes on this team it is not funny.  We go and plug up one hole and

three more holes open up through injury, drama, or some other calamity.

26 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Well, criticizing fans for not being on board with any move this pathetic front office makes is naive.

No. What’s stupid and naive is to act like this is some horrible move. It’s not a big move either way, but it’s certainly not a sign of dysfunction. End of conversation. 

2 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

This week on 980 radio they pointed out that the Skins never land any star playmakers or "A" players.   They sign "B", C and D level players for the most part.

Everett is which level do you think?  Some players on the team I wish they would sign elsewhere so they are not stuck on a non-playoff team for the rest of their

careers.   If he is glad he signed that new contract then I am happy for him.   We have so many holes on this team it is not funny.  We go and plug up one hole and

You’re never going to field a roster of only A or star playmakers.

you need guys like Everett. Every teams has guys like that.

Deserving special teamer. Perhaps eases minds in the locker room with a positive note after all the TW nonsense. 

7 minutes ago, Newera said:

Is it me.  Or is trey a wussy punt returner.  You know.  Soft.

I'm guessing you meant this in the game thread but he reminded me of Antwan Randal El...yuck

7 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

We go and plug up one hole and

and that's actually why I have a hard time blaming the FO for that

on the subject of going for B,C, and D players I think that is a result of the guys in charge wanting to emulate the past.  Allen always trading for guys thought to be passed their prime and Gibbs was the king of getting mileage out of  other teams cast offs.  We were great at Plan B free agency

6 hours ago, HardcoreZorn said:

No. What’s stupid and naive is to act like this is some horrible move. It’s not a big move either way, but it’s certainly not a sign of dysfunction. End of conversation. 

Fans have every right to call this a horrible move.  Any move these numbnuts make will be highly criticized until one or both of the idiots are gone.  

7 hours ago, Burgold said:

Is it really bad that I see Peterson doing so well and still get a flash of annoyance at Gruden?

Burgold, I am SO glad someone else caught the scent of that as well.  

Jay Gruden has some real skills and talent, AND will continue to make a living coaching, BUT doesn't have the "peripheral vision" of a successful Head Coach.

I suggest that AP is the MVP of the "Lost" 2019 season of the Washington Redskins! He is the one pleasure I have watching the games.

:229:The Rook

Archived