Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

So in the end your argument is that maybe Haskins is indeed putting in the amount of work they require but in a manner that they find difficult to measure, and their assessment of his preparation habits is unfair—that doesn’t work for me. They have the means to test his preparation every single day and found it lacking. Your personal anecdote would only apply here if your son was actually failing to show his knowledge applied to homework and tests after not working in the way the teacher expected him to—and in that case it would be tough to argue that whatever special system he’s got going at home is working. Does that make sense? 

The question becomes is their metric for testing Haskins working? This is the same staff that was defending Apke and Martin and others. Its not like its a one shot thing. Its a process. So they're learning. i'm sure that there were some decisions that Haskins made in the games that he played that made them scratch their heads. Maybe they think he wasn't studying but maybe he studied the material and reached a different conclusion. Like he did in his press conferences when he talked about some of his mistakes and what he saw vs what was actually there. Maybe they disagreed about it or wanted him to be more aggressive and he thought that the opportunity wasn't there.

Its funny because it reminds me of this discussion with Allen right now. Allen is scrambling on the 2PC and half say he should have run it in and half say Peppers would have caught him. In the post game he said why he didn't run - because of Peppers. Did he miss a read? Was there somebody in the back of the end zone he missed? Somebody underneath? 

The other thing I'd say about it, which is different from my example is that its one thing to be able to recite the playbook back in a Zoom meeting. Its another thing to be able to understand the plays in and out to the extent of whats going on live, seeing the cover 0 and seeing where guys are supposed to be, seeing who ran the wrong route but understanding what route they ran and where they're going to be (not where they're supposed to be) and still making the play. That's one of the reasons why I don't mind what Turner said about Haskins (on the Thursday after the benching) and what Rivera has said since the initial benching vs these rumors. I can understand that Turner is seeing Haskins has knowledge of the fundamentals but not the ins and outs at the level of Allen and so in order to see the offense move better we will put him in. 

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

He specifically said in an open presser that Haskins’ teammates were frustrated with him. This is DC, you really don’t think there would have been counter-leaks if guys in that locker room took issue with that representation of the vibes from the team?

This is ridiculous lol. Are we changing the culture or not? Now we are looking for leaks? 

7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

He specifically said in an open presser that Haskins’ teammates were frustrated with him. This is DC, you really don’t think there would have been counter-leaks if guys in that locker room took issue with that representation of the vibes from the team?

In this COVID era, yes. Reporters have said how difficult it is to get these off the record comments and talking to players about their feelings or just overhearing conversations. 

11 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yea I think the far comparison is your son in this case not doing well in tests but saying he is studying. That would be comparable to Haskins saying he doing all the things right but its not working on gameday. 

Edit: Yall cant help but bark up this tree can you? You even have to bring Griffin and Kirk into it years later. Who hurt you? 

I didn't bring Griffin into it. Someone else did, but he had 60% completion. He looked horrible in that Tampa game but he was still playing ok. He was trying to learn to depend less on his legs and maybe it wouldn't have worked but we can tell that Shanny was done with him and Gruden wanted nothing to do with him. 

7 hours ago, IrepDC said:

If you can't see the inconsistencies in the message/standards, cool. I see it. Plenty of professional analysts and former players have expressed the same perspective so it's not like I'm pulling this out of thin air. I respect all opinions but I know mine holds weight as well.

We'll see if Rivera puts Allen on notice for the turnovers this week. We'll see if he says it's unfair to the rest of the team if Allen doesn't perform better. If Rivera has a personal preference, that's fine, but inconsistencies will be noticed by the players. I have spent the majority of my life in football locker rooms and I'm telling you my perspective. The criticism of Haskins looks weaker if Allen doesn't play a lot better than he has the past two weeks.

If Rivera’s base concern with Haskins is that he isn’t preparing properly or working hard enough in that category then it’s not inconsistent at all—he’s going to stand behind the starting QB who is putting in the work for his teammates because his mistakes won’t be an obvious byproduct of poor preparation, and there will be a better chance to correct mistakes in the meeting rooms and on the practice field. I just don’t see how that’s consistent. And if you believe the reports about the stat-bragging it doesn’t seem fair to ignore the much more prevalent and numerous reports about Haskins’ work ethic and the way it is perceived by coaches and teammates. 

4 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I didn't bring Griffin into it. Someone else did, but he had 60% completion. He looked horrible in that Tampa game but he was still playing ok. He was trying to learn to depend less on his legs and maybe it wouldn't have worked but we can tell that Shanny was done with him and Gruden wanted nothing to do with him. 

My b I quoted you but I wasn’t talking about you with the griffin thing I was talking about people posting before me I didn’t make that clear 

36 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Why would a player come out and say that they had an issue with the benching, even if they did? Why would they put themselves in the dog house even if that's how they felt? This is a really good example of fans not understanding how football works lol 

There are ways to diplomatically express opinions without going against the coach, football players do it all the time.  None of them have here though.  In fact, the guys closest to him all alluded to the work he needs to put in, in the most diplomatic way possible. 

7 hours ago, dckey said:

Lorenzo Alexander said something in the post game live, that is the most believable reason Dwayne is benched.  He stated the NFL is about relationships and he thinks Rivera has a relationship with Allen that he doesn't have with Haskins.  He stated that Allen will be given a better chance and longer leash to succeed not that he studies harder than Dwayne, or any of the other narratives.

It's 100% this.  Allen is Turner's guy and Turner is Rivera's guy.

Our problem is that Turner is Rivera's guy.  He sucks at his job and we threw away Haskins for him.  It's something a bad organization would do.

13 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Our problem is that Turner is Rivera's guy.  He sucks at his job and we threw away Haskins for him.  It's something a bad organization would do.

Scott Turner sucking as an offensive coordinator doesn't somehow magically make Haskins somehow good or salvageable.  A bad organization drafts a quarterback at 15 overall because he went to school with the owner's son.  

10 hours ago, IrepDC said:

We need to take some time to heal before we try to develop another QB. 

AKA hire a GM of real quality and revamp the front office and coaching staff, not just keeping it filled with Snyder's friends and former team legends and typical D.C. corporate ****birds that are drawn to that region, plus a weak staff imported from Carolina.

Trevor Lawrence needs to go back to Clemson if we get the #1 pick.

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Not if you're a Haskins Humper.

Oh you mean the "I want to make the RGIII Mistake all over again and kowtow to one player's whims, despite maturity issues and the fact he doesn't do what's necessary to earn it, but I am going to ignore that little tidbit and keep screaming how we didn't 'develop' him properly and want to fire everyone but the QB" crowd??

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Oh you mean the "I want to make the RGIII Mistake all over again and kowtow to one player's whims, despite maturity issues and the fact he doesn't do what's necessary to earn it, but I am going to ignore that little tidbit and keep screaming how we didn't 'develop' him properly and want to fire everyone but the QB" crowd??

Yup.  That actually sums it up really well.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

If Rivera’s base concern with Haskins is that he isn’t preparing properly or working hard enough in that category then it’s not inconsistent at all—he’s going to stand behind the starting QB who is putting in the work for his teammates because his mistakes won’t be an obvious byproduct of poor preparation, and there will be a better chance to correct mistakes in the meeting rooms and on the practice field. I just don’t see how that’s consistent. And if you believe the reports about the stat-bragging it doesn’t seem fair to ignore the much more prevalent and numerous reports about Haskins’ work ethic and the way it is perceived by coaches and teammates. 

I have said Haskins needs to keep working and improving(that includes his preparation). The only difference is that I'm not taking that to the extreme as if he is a lazy bum who doesn't care about football. We tend to struggle with nuance here so a critique turns into a blanket statement. He would be a senior at Ohio State right now if he used all of his eligibility, and with 1 offseason, 3 HCs, and the other dysfunction of this organization, it would seem reasonable to expect him to still be growing as a professional. It's our own low self esteem, needing a hero, that causes us to flinch when he shows weakness- where a winning franchise would just keep developing him.

28 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Not if you're a Haskins Humper.

This high school mean girl name-calling is pretty lame in the midst of actual debate lol

28 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

If "We tend to struggle with nuance here so a critique becomes a blanket statement" were a post.

6 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

If "We tend to struggle with nuance here so a critique becomes a blanket statement" were a post.

If being unnecessarily overly defensive was a post.

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

You know what they say if they can't take a joke...

You mean like Haskins overall attitude?

2 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Whats funny is who remembers how big of a leash Griffin got vs Kirk? Griffin got let off the hook a lot. Kirk got crucified and I’m not a Kirk fan by any means. 

Wait....what?

Kirk's leash was REAL short....2 massive paydays short apparently.. 

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

No.  Who do you think is our GM?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Football_Team

Owner(s) Daniel Snyder[a]
President Jason Wright
Head coach Ron Rivera
General manager

Ron Rivera (de facto)

New President. New Coach. New GM. People keep wanting to give Haskins all the time in the world, but not the coaching staff or our pseudo GM? Am I missing something here?

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

You know what they say if they can't take a joke...

I laughed at it. Wasn't offended I just think it's lame lol.

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

If being unnecessarily overly defensive was a post.

Get back on topic lol 

11 hours ago, Taylor 36 said:

Most people take issue with being inferred to as racist, which you were obviously trying to infer about fans and posters in this discussion.  Truth is, as the person who is looking just a race and therefore trying to make it a racial topic, you are the actual racist.  And, yes, most people have issues with racists.  So, yes, it's easy to see how you struck a nerve. Now, you should move on from this stupidity as it is not taken very kindly around here.

I can't believe we got a response to a conversation about the racist attitudes about black quarterbacks that was a genuine, unironic "we don't take kindly to that kind of talk around here."

🤣🤣  This place is ****ing wild.

Archived