Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

3 hours ago, Tedskins 21 said:

The problem is Sweat has never shown any moves or lateral quickness.  This is why most teams passed on him.  The Skins were the only fools to reach on both Haskins and Sweat.  Two major "projects."  The thing is you can't teach what Sweat lacks, imo. He is the DE athlete version of RGiii.  Straight line timed speed is not the same as fluid explosion.

I was hoping he would atleast reah Orakpo's impact, with a much more talented interior to draw attention, but he has been a literal 0 impact on the field.  He's a passenger, and a wasted pick.

Sweat has been much better than I expected setting the edge and against the run. He's shown power and an ability to hold the point of attack and shed blockers when the run is towards him, and his speed allows him to chase plays that go away from him. He has 30 combined tackles, 3 tackles for a loss. He's been very good against the run.

His pass rushing though has not been as good as I would have hoped. I agree with you to an extent about his lateral quickness, he's such a tall guy as well, seems to lack 'bend'. Only 1.5 sacks and 4 QB hits. he seems to mainly bull rush, which is a surprise to me given his raw speed. He needs a lot of work on his pass rush technique and moves.

But wasted pick? Nah.

14 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I admit I was disappointed, that one of his worst throws and interceptions, was a target to a guy that he's supposed to have built-in chemistry with, and who DH claimed always knew where he was going to be at all times.

He knew where he was - he just sailed the throw.

Mechanical issue not a read and recognition issue.

56 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Sweat has been much better than I expected setting the edge and against the run. He's shown power and an ability to hold the point of attack and shed blockers when the run is towards him, and his speed allows him to chase plays that go away from him. He has 30 combined tackles, 3 tackles for a loss. He's been very good against the run.

His pass rushing though has not been as good as I would have hoped. I agree with to an extent about his lateral quickness, he's such a tall guy as well, seems lack 'bend'. Only 1.5 sacks and 4 QB hits. he seems to mainly bull rush, which is a surprise to me given his raw speed. He needs a lot of work on his pass rush technique and moves.

But wasted pick? Nah.

Let's agree to disagree. 

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Well if we all stuck to only posting on the areas we are professionally competent to comment on the Stadium would be much much more quiet than it already is.

That said I do think it worth remembering that our collective opinions on the Redskins and football in general, plus $5, will get you a caramel latte at Starbucks.

Maybe a small Latte

59 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We are literally a practice squad WR away from him punting balls to himself after practice phase of his career.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2293254-robert-griffin-iii-punting-footballs-for-40-minutes-is-a-sad-inexplicable-story 

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

We are literally a practice squad WR away from him punting balls to himself after practice phase of his career.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2293254-robert-griffin-iii-punting-footballs-for-40-minutes-is-a-sad-inexplicable-story

WOW. How dare a qb try to get in some extra work. What a ****ty teammate. Guaranteed bust. So busty he makes Pamela Anderson jealous. He should just change his name to Dwayne Buskins.

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

WOW. How dare a qb try to get in some extra work. What a ****ty teammate. Guaranteed bust. So busty he makes Pamela Anderson jealous. He should just change his name to Dwayne Buskins.

Or he’s  hiding from his teammates and media. Calls out AP on twitter then happens to stay away from the locker room after  the next practice. Also throws 2 football fields away from the media while avoiding the locker room. Not surprising....

22 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Or he’s  hiding from his teammates and media. Calls out AP on twitter then happens to stay away from the locker room after  the next practice. Also throws 2 football fields away from the media while avoiding the locker room. Not surprising....

Or he’s just trying to put in work without being under constant scrutiny from irrationally entitled fans and reporters?

Honestly, you can have your gripes based on the way he’s played in his brief appearances. But turning any positives into negatives just to conform to your personal perception makes it hard to take any legitimate criticisms you have seriously.

32 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

I'll be surprised if Case is back from his concussion in time to play this Sunday. We might just get to see Haskins play after practicing with the 1's this whole week.

Point counter point I would be surprised if he doesn't play. Cally has been very clear that Haskins is not ready.  Its a long week so he has extra time to heal. 

He is playing for his next contract and will hustle back as fast as he can.  Is it our crack med staff monitoring the protocol?

It also wouldn't surprise me to see Colt get a sneak start in and shaft Haskins, fans, and maybe our draft slot.

4 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Point counter point I would be surprised if he doesn't play. Cally has been very clear that Haskins is not ready.  Its a long week so he has extra time to heal. 

He is playing for his next contract and will hustle back as fast as he can.  Is it our crack med staff monitoring the protocol?

It also wouldn't surprise me to see Colt get a sneak start in and shaft Haskins, fans, and maybe our draft slot.

I don't think they can do those kinds of things with concussions. If he doesn't past the tests and standards to make it back to practice, he won't move forward in the concussion protocol, no matter what people might want.

However, recovery from concussion is highly varied and if he clears fast he will definitely play instead of Haskins.

23 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Or he’s just trying to put in work without being under constant scrutiny from irrationally entitled fans and reporters?

Honestly, you can have your gripes based on the way he’s played in his brief appearances. But turning any positives into negatives just to conform to your personal perception makes it hard to take any legitimate criticisms you have seriously.

Then he should have been staying after daily. Your refusal to accept reality makes any opinion you have hard to take seriously. His own teammates are throwing him under the bus. It has to get pretty bad for that to happen to a rookie...

10 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Then he should have been staying after daily. Your refusal to accept reality makes any opinion you have hard to take seriously. His own teammates are throwing him under the bus. It has to get pretty bad for that to happen to a rookie...

You mean the AP quote? My opinion? Dwayne has a problem with taking criticism poorly. He reads it from fans like you and doesn’t handle it well - typical for a 22 year old not used to adversity. Wanna blast him for being young and immature? Fair enough. AP tells him to stay off social media. Nothing wrong with that. AP has been around the block and dealt with his fair share of sjw. I don’t perceive that as throwing him under the bus, but if your mindset is already made up in terms of how you think teammates see him then there’s nothing I can do to change that.

In terms if he should have been doing that more often? Again, fair enough. But he’s doing it now. Again I don’t see how that can be seen as a negative unless you’re convinced that people or players never change and hence this is all a smoke show. And again, there is no chance I can change that perception you have either.

The reality is you know as much about all of it as I do. I’m not stating he’s one player or another. You’re already convinced he’s one.

Anyone wanting a change from how Dan has run this team over the past 20 years and is simultaneously rooting for Haskins is a hypocrite. Haskins is a Dan pick. It’s him giving the middle finger to the football people. It’s him giving in to the impulses that brought us the last 2 decades of futility.

Yet most of you want to reward his role as quasi GM by lucking out with Haskins. If Haskins is a complete bust, it further invalidates Dan and Bruce and maybe he hits rock bottom and we get real change. Rooting for Haskins is rooting for continuing the futility of the past 20 years and doubling down on it. That’s a fact. So don’t dare say fire Bruce and sell the team while embracing Haskins. Wearing a Haskins jersey is the same as wearing a Bruce Allen or Dan Snyder for GM shirt. 

Being a Haskins fan is being Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder apologist. So please continue to defend him and root for him, but know you are really saying is you want more years of Bruce Allen...

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

So you admit rooting against him. 

I am a redskins fan. I never root for them to lose unfortunately. Even when it’s to our benefit. But you can’t say a single bad word about Dan if you are happy with the Haskins pick. Can’t have it both way. 

so admit you think Dan is the greatest owner in sports and you want him to be the Gm officially. 

I dont even know how some of those thoughts can be thought... If you dont hate Haskins... You think Dan is the greatest owner ever??? Like WTF?!?

Crazy.

Like my wife once a month crazy... But add in drunk... And millenial style. Whats it called?

Fwiw Haskins was last one at practice a LOT during OTAs and camp. Plenty of articles. Throwing with rooks. Practice with Jno.. Quit hating just to hate- its making it harder to not just skim past (all) posts from those people

You can't complain about Dan and Bruce being involved on player acquisition but embrace the Haskins pick. Fact.

If you do, you are a hypocrite and you are enabling the futility.

If everyone turns ion Haskins and revolts because he is a Dan and Bruce pick, they won't make that mistake again. They hate public backlash and if Haskins is questioned in every interview as being a Dan pick it will get to them.

Yet most of you are willing to go along with embracing their most egregious moves and are happy to continue the business as usual.

Don't dare put up a fire Bruce Allen hashtag or like a Sell the team t-shirt pic while liking the Haskins pick. By embracing Haskins, you are embracing Dan as the GM. At least be honest with yourselves about it...

So now I have to hate Haskins because I hate Bruce Allen?

i would have left it all alone if you just would have said what you said about hating Haskins because he was urged by Dan Snyder instead of creating and exaggerating this narrative about Haskins being a bad player/teammate/person.

While I don’t necessarily agree with the correlation, I can understand that mindset and I’d rather you just have been upfront about that in the first place.

Archived