Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What in the blue hell are the Dolphins doing?

Sacks 'n' Stuff

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

We play them in a couple weeks. It’ll be our Super Bowl.

Oh wow, I was wrong. And glad to be wrong. Somehow I missed seeing that game on the schedule, even though we play that whole AFCE division. Probably because I was distracted by how brutal the rest of the schedule is.

Thanks for pointing it out.

They do have three picks in the first round, so it's not just about drafting a QB. At this point, what I don't get is why they're still starting Fitzpatrick at QB. They need to get a decent look at Josh Rosen this season. Imagine using that draft haul for everything but a QB or trading the first pick for an even bigger haul of picks. They could be drafting half the first round! 😄

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

What I'd like to know is, why can't the Skins ever get a team like the Fins on their schedule ?

The Skins got to play the Lions in 2007, when they had the 2nd longest loosing streak of all time.  The Lions had lost 19 straight at that point.  So, that's pretty good.

20 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Reminds me of the time the Snyderskins got all those picks from Ditka then also had two of the top 5 draft picks in 2000, yet won nothing and still haven't.

It worked for the cowboys. Seems to be working for the browns. It did not work for us or the rams.

Miami is taking it to a new level though. We should have done it post cousins or post alex smith injury tbh. 

1 minute ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Miami is taking it to a new level though. We should have done it post cousins or post alex smith injury tbh. 

I think the Tunsil trade was a very good one for them.  Especially if the rumblings that they were unhappy with his work ethic were true.  It really does feel like the biggest fire sale ever though.  It seems like they could devolve into the biggest single season dumpster fire ever.  Vegas odds seem to actually be sarcastic.  Like 20,000 to one against a super bowl.  Bet 10 cents, win $2,000.

16 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

PamperedFanSyndrome thinks they’re playing 3-dimensional chess.  Just like when the Cleveland (building the right way) Browns went 1-31 from 2016-2017.

Was that you I saw selling MRGA shirts on the corner of Constitution Ave? 

How are the sales doing on your “6-3 NEVER FORGET” garden flags?

17 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Let them go ahead and get their QB of the future murdered next year. You don't leave your team this barren in a sport of attrition like the NFL.

You also don't play with people's lives like this. I hope they can't get a single FA to go and play for them. Despicable.

Well, the Browns have found plenty of FAs.  So, I don't think your hope is going to come true.  

I personally don't care how they approach a rebuild.  As long as they are honest about it with everybody in the building.  And if folks want out, they let them out. If you choose to stay, then you are trying to be part of the future after the reboot.  

If they're not being honest and/or not letting folks out of contracts who want to go elsewhere, then that's a bad look for my guys. 

14 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Reminds me of the time the Snyderskins got all those picks from Ditka then also had two of the top 5 draft picks in 2000, yet won nothing and still haven't.

So, interestingly, and I had to look this up, this trade was done JUST BEFORE Snyder bought the 'Skins.  The draft was April 17th and 18th of 1999, and Snyder was confirmed as owner on May 26th.  Casserly resigned in July of 1999.  (Snyder has since said he kept the wrong guy in Norv rather than Charley.  But who really knows.  Charley didn't have a heck of a lot of success in Houston when he was there either. )

Here's the specifics of the trade:

Traded to New Orleans

Traded to Washington[13]

• 1999 first round pick (12th overall, later traded to Chicago, used to select Cade McNown)[14]
  • 1999 third round pick (71st overall, later traded to Chicago, used to select D'Wayne Bates)[14]
  • 1999 fourth round pick (107th overall, used to select Nate Stimson)[15]
  • 1999 fifth round pick (144th overall, later traded to Chicago, used to select Khari Samuel)[16]
  • 1999 sixth round pick (179th overall, later traded to Denver, used to select Desmond Clark)[15]
  • 1999 seventh round pick (218th overall, later traded to Denver, used to select Billy Miller)[15]
  • 2000 first round pick (2nd overall, used to select LaVar Arrington)[13]
  • 2000 third round pick (64th overall, used to select Lloyd Harrison)[13]

What's missing for that list is subsequent trades.  I'm not going to go through all of the details, but Charley traded up in the 1999 draft with Chicago to pick up Champ Bailey.  A lot of the 1999 picks went to Chicago to move back up to pick Bailey. And apart from the way it ended, you'd have to say that wasn't a bad pick. 

So for Ricky Williams, they got Champ Bailey, LaVar Arrington, Nate Stimson and Lloyd Harrison. 

And in 2000, they started with 3 first round picks, #2 (from the Saints), #12 and #24. They got the #12 from Carolina for the Sean Gilbert trade.  The 24th was their own. This was the first Vinny draft, I believe.  Marty kicked him out in 2001, then he was back in 2002 with Spurrier.    

The 'Skins packaged the #12 and #24 to move up to #3  and select Samuels.  In case anybody cared, the #12 pick was traded to the Jets, they picked Shaun Ellis, and the #24 pick was used by SF on Ahmed Plummer, a CB I don't remember at all.  They also picked up Julian Peterson.  

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well, Rosen set to start Sunday against Dallas. Better to see what they have in him the rest of this season so they can choose between him or Tua in the draft 

Oops.  I see you were talking about the Dolphins.  There's some thought they are looking to 2021's draft for their QB.

Archived