Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

0-4 on the power play. Minimal offensive pressure for most of the game. Giving up a goal to Matt Rempe, the biggest joke in hockey. That's no way to knock off a #1 seed.

The good news is Game 1s usually don't mean much of anything. The Caps have learned that the hard way in years past.

A win Tuesday night in Game 2 will steal home ice and put them right back in the series. But they're going to have to show a hell of a lot more than they showed today. 

• Like 2

Their power play is completely garbage.  I heard people on the radio today talking about how the refs missed a lot of calls for us and we should have had more power plays.  Who even cares?  It's not like we were going to score on the PP anyways.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

We played most of that game with only 5 skaters on D, one of whom is a career AHLer.  Honestly, could have been a lot worse.  They had one flurry of scoring (where they got away with an elbow-to-the-head) before the late-game breakaway.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Should I hate the Islanders?  I can't remember if they did anything to earn my hate.  I've focused so much hate at Pittsburgh over the decades that everything else is out of focus.

It's an old hatred:

Edited by China
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Simmsy said:

This team is not fun to watch, I was spoiled by the Stanley Cup team.

The championship window has shut. This was just a wtf bonus lulzy playoff birth. 

It sucks we had an awesome era and could only win one Cup, but it is what it is.