Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What has been up with holtby this season? And if he’s this bad, why doesn’t reirden just start samsanov from now on? 

Holtby hasn’t had a good regular season in 3 years since his goalie coach from prior years left. The belief/hope from many is that Holtby will simply play better in the playoffs so you don’t turn it over to Samsonov until next season. 

Whatever.  Was still a fun game.  Got to watch Ovechkin pass Yserman.  Also heard some of the best set of chirps during the game ranging from ripping on the Nashville Parthanon to the Confederacy.

Also I have a new Capitals scarf and it is soft and I love it.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 1

I guess the bright side is, even in a ****ty loss, Ovie scored.. Reirden has a tough decision staring him in the face. Not sure he's got the balls to make it though.

We've all seen Holtby struggle for the last few years, but this is getting out of hand. Over the last couple months I have to think his GA/save% are at the bottom of the league. Meanwhile our youngster is one of the hottest. Can't see how you -don't- ride the hot hand, but something tells me that's not gonna happen.  

3 hours ago, Mournblade said:

They should have traded Holtby by the middle of the season, when Sammy had proven himself. Next year they will let him walk and they wont get anything in return. 

Sorry but you don't trade your veteran starter when you're the top team in the league and have a legitimate shot at a championship.  And if it makes you feel any better, they wouldn't have gotten much for him anyways.  And I agree that Holtby is completely off his game now.  But who would you rather have backing up Sammy in the playoffs?  Justin Peters? 🙄 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, capcrunch98 said:

Sorry but you don't trade your veteran starter when you're the top team in the league and have a legitimate shot at a championship.  And if it makes you feel any better, they wouldn't have gotten much for him anyways.  And I agree that Holtby is completely off his game now.  But who would you rather have backing up Sammy in the playoffs?  Justin Peters? 🙄 

Really? A SC winning goaltender who's still fairly young? 

Yea, the big return on Holtby is gonna be salary cap.. Unless someone with a shot has a injury, he wouldn't bring much of a return being a UFA. His play of late isn't helping either. At least we know he CAN bounce back. Just needs to get his head right or something.