Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Love the play of the second line, particularly on the Vrana goal, where Kuz, TJ and Jackub all made fantastic plays.

But watching TJ got me thinking: TJ, 33 years old. OV, 34 years old. Backstrom, 32 years old.

They're playing great now, but some time in the near future, we are going to see a radical drop off, a la Brooks Orpik.

Which means the time is now. We MUST go all in at the TDL. Not sure what the priority is, more depth on the bottom 6

or more depth on D, but whatever it is, time to go get it. 

All in sounds great in theory but I'm not doing another Forsberg for Erat trade.

I don't recall any all in type trades in 2018. Sometimes you just ride with the horse that got you there. And we got some real good horses.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

In 2018, they just got Kempny.  He was a critical piece, but it was not a blockbuster trade or anything.  I think they just need to get a depth blueliner.  I think the biggest thing with the core getting older is that, this year, they need to make a concerted effort to limit their minutes down the stretch.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, c slag said:

Tonight's game is on NBCS network 

Anyone else miss Joe and Craig when they aren't the Capitals announcers ?

Yes and no.  Obv, Joe B and Locker are great.  I do like hearing what the prevailing national views of the team are occasionally.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yes and no.  Obv, Joe B and Locker are great.  I do like hearing what the prevailing national views of the team are occasionally.  

Good point, although it appears we are getting the old Monday night football announcer guy for this game