Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Still have not lost in regulation. 5-0-3. WOW. 

im sure we’ll lose in regulation at some point, but for now, that’s impressive 

First time in caps franchise history that the caps have gotten at least a point in all of their first 8 games

Absolutely insane we have the most points in the NHL and missing half of our team

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

And I'm only mildly pissed that the trash truck came at 4:45 am today! 😄

Fabulous game! 

Someone’s dog was barking at 6:20am and woke everyone in the neighborhood up. Extremely annoying. 

the celebration after the Chara goal was so awesome. I don’t think I’ve seen a regular season goal celebrated quite like that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

um, candles for hockey?

She's a hippie, don't you know this by now? 🤪

25 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Hagelin having his stick held by the dude who broke his stick

Yep and either is a penalty. 

Bummed we gave up a point, but nice to see the Great8 back on ice for the OT winner! 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Still have not lost in regulation. Man i love the team this year. Stanley cup champs by seasons end or nah? 

this year it’s tough to get a read on how good the team is cause they are only playing a quarter of the league. Also, the goalie situation is gonna take some time to work out. VV is playing well but Samsonov has done well in the past. Good problem to have but gotta wonder what the Caps do if a top netminder becomes available. Problem is cap space.

57 minutes ago, Hersh said:

this year it’s tough to get a read on how good the team is cause they are only playing a quarter of the league. Also, the goalie situation is gonna take some time to work out. VV is playing well but Samsonov has done well in the past. Good problem to have but gotta wonder what the Caps do if a top netminder becomes available. Problem is cap space.

In my opinion, the job should remain Vanacek's until Samsonov takes it from him given the way he's been playing.

• Like 3

First time posting here. I'm a Caps fan but not a real hockey fan, once they are eliminated I drop the sport.  So I don't have your knowledge, all I can say is this has the looks of one of them there rare special seasons. Who knows how it will play out but this performance with all the missing players is simply amazing.  

Ovi with the game winner in OT is about as good as it gets.  

• Like 1