Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

1 minute ago, c slag said:

Every day that passes unfortunately makes it look more like this season may just end up with a big asterisk * in the books 

😢 I've written off everything for at least another year. 

I wouldn't trust anything till then, and still only hanging out in small places, except where @goskins10& I meet for games at the Skins bar here...the whole crowd is infected with something 🤣🏈

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I wouldn't trust anything till then, and still only hanging out in small places, except where @goskins10& I meet for games at the Skins bar here...the whole crowd is infected with something 🤣🏈

And just when it looked like we would have something to go see again.  When this all gets over with - assuming it does - I will not miss another game. Kind of took watching the games there for granted. Will not do that again. I just hope they survive. If not, I may turn my apartment into a viewing mecca. I can turn my living room into a conference room/sports viewing mecca!  🙂  We can start having all the Skins fan over here. 

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

And just when it looked like we would have something to go see again.  When this all gets over with - assuming it does - I will not miss another game. Kind of took watching the games there for granted. Will not do that again. I just hope they survive. If not, I may turn my apartment into a viewing mecca. I can turn my living room into a conference room/sports viewing mecca!  🙂  We can start having all the Skins fan over here. 

I have a big ass basement with a 50" and a 55" .We can do this! ❤🏈

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I am actually thinking about canceling my cable TV subscription, because actually the only reason I bought it was for channel that played the Capitals games 

2 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

And most of those are blacked out here. 😟

They will black out the games on national NBC sports network if they are being televised by the old HTS network here , but I kinda perfer Joe B and Craig L anyhow 

1 minute ago, c slag said:

They will black out the games on national NBC sports network if they are being televised by the old HTS network here , but I kinda perfer Joe B and Craig L anyhow 

It's just upsetting to pay for the whole damn sports package to have everything you want disrupted. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 10:38 PM, purbeast said:

This is really going to put a dent in Ovi's chase to catch Gretzky.  

Ovi got really bad luck. He lost a year at the very beginning of his career as well due to the lockout. Imagine how many more goals he'd have now. He's chasing Gretzky with a -1.5 season handicap and may still catch him.

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Playoffs would’ve been starting tonight 😭 

good news is that if (IF) the playoffs are in August/September, that makes for some pretty nice evenings of drinking/watch parties at rooftop bars  here in DC 

That seems unlikely.  At that point they should have already canceled the season and be preparing for the next one which would normally start in October anyway.

5 hours ago, China said:

That seems unlikely.  At that point they should have already canceled the season and be preparing for the next one which would normally start in October anyway.

Not if they go by the format that I’ve heard talk of as a possibility that some players would like to see: finish regular season in August, then playoffs in September, then October off (maybe November too?) and then shortened season from December through the playoffs. 

Wouldnt be be such a bad option 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 4/4/2020 at 10:38 PM, purbeast said:

This is really going to put a dent in Ovi's chase to catch Gretzky.  

Not really, he had 48 goals this year and last year he had 51 and 49 the year prior. I think their was like 11 games left, we can assume he missed out on maybe like 6 goals. Not like he missed a whole season to a lockout or half a season to injury. 

On 4/8/2020 at 5:17 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Playoffs would’ve been starting tonight 😭 

good news is that if (IF) the playoffs are in August/September, that makes for some pretty nice evenings of drinking/watch parties at rooftop bars  here in DC 

You can do that already April-June no?

1 hour ago, max21 said:

You can do that already April-June no?

Yes, however you clearly missed the point 😂😂😂 the point was that the playoffs NEVER occur in August/September so we don’t get to experience an August evening watching playoff hockey. Hence, IF the playoffs do get set for August and September, it makes for nice evenings  with watch parties on rooftop bars at a time when we usually don’t have hockey at that time of year 

39 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yes, however you clearly missed the point 😂😂😂 the point was that the playoffs NEVER occur in August/September so we don’t get to experience an August evening watching playoff hockey. Hence, IF the playoffs do get set for August and September, it makes for nice evenings  with watch parties on rooftop bars at a time when we usually don’t have hockey at that time of year 

Of course it never occurs in August. I don’t understand what point you’re trying to make, playoff hockey is in warm weather already. I guess that would be cool but I don’t see how Bettman makes that work. 

2 hours ago, max21 said:

Of course it never occurs in August. I don’t understand what point you’re trying to make, playoff hockey is in warm weather already. I guess that would be cool but I don’t see how Bettman makes that work. 

The point i was making (which should be pretty clear) is that IF the playoffs happen in August, ill get to enjoy watch parties in LATE SUMMER, whereas that’s usually not the case. Point being, hockey and watch parties at a time where usually there’s only preseason football, and baseball to watch. 

YOU might not think it’s that big of a deal. I do, which was the point of me making a comment on it. Not sure how clearer it could possibly be 🤷🏻‍♂️ hockey playoffs and watch parties being extended later into the summer, THAT is what i was Saying would be fun, IF it happens, and there are some players that think that would be a great format (finish the season in August, playoffs in September, month off in October/November, season starts December) 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993