Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please stop blaming the refs. You look dumb.

Koolblue13

37 minutes ago, CTskin said:

KB- weird time to start this thread, I don't think anyone is blaming the refs for the loss on Sunday. 

That being said, there are plenty of instances, league-wide, where refs can be blamed for affecting the outcome of games. Most notably, the Saints/Rams playoff game last year with the no-call PI. (I assume everyone remembers it, so I won't go into details). Not all examples though need to be as obvious as that and you don't have to be a terrible team to not be able to overcome a few poor, drive-changing calls or no-calls. If you have two evenly matched, teams and one has the benefit of a few more calls that go their way, you better believe it has an impact.

If you watched the Saints/Texans MNF game, which I hope you did, what a game, you would have seen JJ Watt getting held coming around the end a la Ryan Kerrigan and he drew a flag that we rarely see Kerrigan get. I'm not calling for a conspiracy against the Skins, I'm just saying that these type of inconsistencies and missed calls absolutely affect games. 

The loss to Philly certainly isn't an example of ES whining about blown calls, but out of the next 15 games I'm sure we'll have one. We'll cross that bridge when you get there, but to completely dismiss inconsistent/poor reffing as an "excuse" is flat-out ignorant. 

I definitely get what you're saying here. But I'd offer one tidbit about the holding calls/non-calls. Exactly nine years ago (DAMN, didn't realize it's been that long!), Tony Romo hit Roy Williams for what looked like a game-winning TD, in our house, as time expired. Tony Corrente had thrown a flag for holding, though. Can't remember which lady on the line was holding Orakpo, but it was called and it was a legit call. Fast forward to damn near every week after that, and what do you see..........A lot of our guys, and especially Lorenzo Alexander, really overdoing it with the "I'm being held" routine, trying to get that call again. The word was out that they were probably being coached to do it. Even if they weren't, it certainly looked too theatrical and contrived. And when it looks that way, they're not gonna call holding. I mean some of that stuff was straight outta the Fred G. Sanford "This is a big one" acting academy. It was dreadful. Norman did a great job of showing that he was being held last Sunday; that's how you do it. If they think you're embellishing, you won't get the call.

I gotta be honest with yall. I dont remember starting this. Looks like it was around 2am, so I was probably pretty drunk and cranky. I saw people start blaming refs in the GD thread, listened to fans whine about it during other games all night and it kept coming up in conversation. 

Week 1 or week 16. Blaming the refs makes you sound dumb. 

Anyone complaining about refs or injuries just has to stop. 

There are two ways to lose: 

1 - Take the L and move on

2 - Constantly giving excuses why it's not a W

No amount of complaining will turn an 'L' into a 'W'. We can't control what happens on the field, but we can control if we are sore or good losers. This team's leadership rarely takes ownership over results, maybe as a fan base they can learn from us? 

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I gotta be honest with yall. I dont remember starting this. Looks like it was around 2am, so I was probably pretty drunk and cranky. I saw people start blaming refs in the GD thread, listened to fans whine about it during other games all night and it kept coming up in conversation. 

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Anyone complaining about refs or injuries just has to stop. 

There are two ways to lose: 

1 - Take the L and move on

2 - Constantly giving excuses why it's not a W

No amount of complaining will turn an 'L' into a 'W'. We can't control what happens on the field, but we can control if we are sore or good losers. This team's leadership rarely takes ownership over results, maybe as a fan base they can learn from us? 

People don’t talk about things that irritate them to turn losses to wins; in truth, venting is good for your health.

source.gif

3 hours ago, NeverSurrender said:

I blame the refs for all kinds of missed calls, bad calls dumb calls.  They are horrible they blow calls and games all over the place.  I blame them for sucking, they should be held accountable for that.  saying people look dumb for that is weak sauce.  

I'll add to that there is a difference between being made about bad officiating and saying that's what cost us the game.  The refs didnt put single coverage on DJax all game even though he was ripping our head off we did.

59 minutes ago, volsmet said:

People don’t talk about things that irritate them to turn losses to wins; in truth, venting is good for your health.

source.gif

I'm curious, when does that healing venting you write about turn into pathetic whining?

That game was 4 days ago. We are 3 days from our home opener against the team which the fan base absolutely hates. Some people can't get off the officiating/injury talk of the last game and even bringing up the last few seasons. 

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Unbias said:

I'm curious. When does that healing venting turn into pathetic whining?

That game was 4 days ago. We are 3 days from our home opener against the team which the fan base absolutely hates. Some people can't get off the officiating/injury talk of the last game and even bringing up the last few seasons. 

I really didn't see any comments about the officiating - Closets thing I saw was the discussion of the Richardson non TD catch and that wasn't complaints about officiating. 

Ah Rutina would be my cup of tea (if I wasn't married)  but hear she is now playing for the other team.  

29 minutes ago, Unbias said:

I'm curious, when does that healing venting you write about turn into pathetic whining?

I'm still trying to figure out who you and others are calling out for complaining about refs in the Philly game? Even during the game on the board I don't recall much ref chatter... We all know why/how we lost and the refs had nothing to do with it. No need to pile on to fake news.

3 hours ago, skinzplay said:

I definitely get what you're saying here. But I'd offer one tidbit about the holding calls/non-calls. Exactly nine years ago (DAMN, didn't realize it's been that long!), Tony Romo hit Roy Williams for what looked like a game-winning TD, in our house, as time expired. Tony Corrente had thrown a flag for holding, though. Can't remember which lady on the line was holding Orakpo, but it was called and it was a legit call. 

It was THAT long ago?? That kind of blew my mind.

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Lol, apologizing for being drunk then saying you would've done it sober anyway is classic. 

31 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I really didn't see any comments about the officiating - Closets thing I saw was the discussion of the Richardson non TD catch and that wasn't complaints about officiating. 

Ah Rutina would be my cup of tea (if I wasn't married)  but hear she is now playing for the other team.  

4 minutes ago, CTskin said:

I'm still trying to figure out who you and others are calling out for complaining about refs in the Philly game? Even during the game on the board I don't recall much ref chatter... We all know why/how we lost and the refs had nothing to do with it. No need to pile on to fake news.

There are entire threads dedicated to the Paul Richardson endzone non-catch. There have been numerous mentions to 'holding all game' along with ticky-tack penalties being called against the Skins. 

Hey, maybe it's just me reading some posts and exaggerating the complaining. I just want to move on to the next game and get a win. If we beat the Cowboys all is good. 

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

There are plenty of games where ES ran rampant with ref-blaming, but this wasn't one. There may have been a call that a select few disagreed with but no one came out of this feeling like the refs caused us to lose. You were so drunk that you don't remember making this thread, so I'm also calling bull**** on your memory of the rest of the day...

In response to your last statement- go tell the Saints fans they look dumb for blaming the refs for the NFC championship loss. Not even Rams fans would take your side.

5 minutes ago, Unbias said:

I just want to move on to the next game and get a win. If we beat the Cowboys all is good. 

Cheers 🍻

1 hour ago, Unbias said:

Who is whining about officiating now, 2-3 guys on the ES? What I notice are the thousands of fans who aren’t whining. 

Incidentally, is your post not whining about the whining? Like the goober Bill Burr who makes shows about his rage over others being triggered, no one seems to notice he’s the easiest person to trigger on the planet. Humans, unimpressive; his faux outrage surpasses all.

Few things are trigger-worthy.

A7CCB1E4-F8DE-46A5-A1A7-27423AA4BBB6.gif

It ain't the refs that I blame, its the players committing the foul!

If a ref threw a flag for every single penalty in a game, it would be a day long! 

There's so much grabbing, holding, scratching, biting, peeing, cursing, farting, belching, and 'yo mama' cracks going on that it becomes second nature.  Its the players who aren't crafted in the arts of foul concealment who get caught.  The few players who do none of the above, well, they're on the practice squad...😎

Pretending monte Nicholson is a starting FS should be a foul. 

2 hours ago, CTskin said:

There are plenty of games where ES ran rampant with ref-blaming, but this wasn't one. There may have been a call that a select few disagreed with but no one came out of this feeling like the refs caused us to lose. You were so drunk that you don't remember making this thread, so I'm also calling bull**** on your memory of the rest of the day...

In response to your last statement- go tell the Saints fans they look dumb for blaming the refs for the NFC championship loss. Not even Rams fans would take your side.

Cheers 🍻

Ols I dont give a **** what you think of my day. Or your opinion really. 

Nobody said it doesn't happen. Nobody. 

13 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Pretending monte Nicholson is a starting FS should be a foul. 

Ols I dont give a **** what you think of my day. Or your opinion really. 

Nobody said it doesn't happen. Nobody. 

Hahah drunk again? So to recap, the thread title says you're dumb for blaming the refs, but that it indeed does happen. Makes sense :stop:

I hate blaming the refs since there are so many plays during the course of a game that determines the outcome.  But, if it were me, I'd fire the whole group.  I have zero confidence they'll get it right.  Not just during 'skins games but any game.  Ref'ing is hard but it really seems like the current group is way over their heads.

Archived