Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Case Keenum Named Week 1 Starter

desertbeagle85

I figured I start a new topic on this. Seems as the Haskins thread is turning into a Case Keenum starting thread. 

Washington has its starting quarterback.

Case Keenum will start Week One against the Eagles, coach Jay Gruden announced today.

That was to be expected. First-round draft pick Dwayne Haskins is viewed as the quarterback of the future, but in the preseason he hasn’t looked ready to take the job just yet. And Colt McCoy has been injured and unavailable in the preseason.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/25/case-keenum-to-start-week-one/

It's good. Now he can focus on getting as many reps with the 1's, as possible, and get some rhythm and chemistry goin

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

The week exclamation point starter, huh?...Is that what the call the last week of the preseason or something? That Gruden, trying to still confuse the Eagles as to who they'll face lol...

Exclamation Point is the logo for Big Lots.

I guess Keenum will be starting when we scrimmage against the company team for Big Lots.

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

The week exclamation point starter, huh?...Is that what the call the last week of the preseason or something? That Gruden, trying to still confuse the Eagles as to who they'll face lol...

Lets be clear Gruden doesn't have 1st or 2nd say in this matter. He knows damn well if Snyder says to put him in week 2. Haskins will be in there. Keenum needs to ball out to keep his job. The pressure is on him big time and I'm sure he knows it.  Week 10 is the bye week. Haskins will be in there I guarantee after week 10 if not sooner. 

I guarantee you, people will be calling for Keenum to be benched, after the first incompletion, in the first game

33 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Sweet......good luck Case "insert beverage choice" Keenum. Hopefully won't need a whole case to watch the game😎.

How about Case "A Dilla" Keenum...for the perfect gametime appetizer

22 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Lets be clear Gruden doesn't have 1st or 2nd say in this matter. He knows damn well if Snyder says to put him in week 2. Haskins will be in there. Keenum needs to ball out to keep his job. The pressure is on him big time and I'm sure he knows it.  Week 10 is the bye week. Haskins will be in there I guarantee after week 10 if not sooner. 

I actually think Gruden was basically instructed by Bruce to win games in the best way he knows how.  And if it doesn't work....

Image result for grim reaper

And Gruden thinks Case gives him the best chance to win since Colt is hurt.

When Case struggles, Colt will be inserted if he is healthy.

It's in Jay's best interest to get Haskins as ready as he can soon as he can for when that decision eventually gets made for him.  It would be a mistake to forget Haskins is on the roster jus because he has to win games. 

If Haskins is in before the bye week to give that extra time with the starters that's likely because something horrible happened.  At any given moment Case could get hurt, and if Colt still is, then they have no choice but to put Haskins out there ready or not.

Having said that, Case is the starter and I hope he does well sonour season doesnt end before Columbus Day.  If we're serious about waiting until Haskins is ready, then i hope Case does well and accepts Haskins eventually outplaying him in practice.  That's best case scenario.

If Haskins was given the starting job, it was the FO forcing it. 

Keenum is given the starting job, it was the FO going with plan of being patient. 

Sucks to be Jay lol 

**My feeling, Jay chose the QB he wanted. 

47 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I actually think Gruden was basically instructed by Bruce to win games in the best way he knows how.  And if it doesn't work....

Image result for grim reaper

And Gruden thinks Case gives him the best chance to win since Colt is hurt.

When Case struggles, Colt will be inserted if he is healthy.

I don't think that's how this is going to work. I think if Keenum struggles they'll bring in Haskins. Colt isn't a franchise QB, he's a franchise backup QB. 

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

If Haskins is in before the bye week to give that extra time with the starters that's likely because something horrible happened

If Haskins plays before the bye week skins have a very bad record and Colt is hurt. 

And even money Jay is not the coach...

34 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I don't think that's how this is going to work. I think if Keenum struggles they'll bring in Haskins. Colt isn't a franchise QB, he's a franchise backup QB. 

No way.  If Case struggles and Colt is healthy the job 100% goes to Colt.  

Its the the safest bet in all of sports. Maybe life...

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Cmon, havn't you heard, about the Three Little Birds

Damn straight..

I dont wanna hear ****ing and moaning..you were borned for this..I was borned for this..when you say the words I'm a redskins fan you respect who's under center and you cheer for them..respect the burgundy and gold...httr baby!!

Archived