Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

i had the over under on games missed by garret at 5.5

may need to revise that. Pouncey probably gets two games.

ravens are smiling.

At a time when it has become more and more clear that Colin Kaepernick forfeited his NFL career for engaging in a peaceful protest prior to kickoff, it’s no stretch to argue that Garrett also should forfeit his. The behavior, as teammate Baker Mayfield already has said, is inexcusable. The question is whether it’s also unforgivable.

florio finds a way to make everything about colon kaepernick....

Watching it more closely, Rudolph picked the fight by trying pull Garrett's helmet off from the back (1:20 mark). Garrett's got to be suspended, for the year or however long, I don't know. But Rudolph did something stupid. When picking a fight with a DLineman 40 pounds heavier than you, you should avoid picking a fight with a DLineman 40 pounds heavier than you. Stupid people, all of them.

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Watching it more closely, Rudolph picked the fight by trying pull Garrett's helmet off from the back (1:20 mark). Garrett's got to be suspended, for the year or however long, I don't know. But Rudolph did something stupid. When picking a fight with a DLineman 40 pounds heavier than you, you should avoid picking a fight with a DLineman 40 pounds heavier than you.

garret drove mason into the ground well after the play was over.

Mason has been beaten all game, saw his top receiver get concussed by a dirty hit from Randall and another receiver concussed as well. Browns are a dirty team, there were 8 seconds to go and it would have been the last play hit Myles insisted upon a late hit and drilling him into the ground. 

I expect any QB to take exception to that. I don’t give a **** that Mason got heated, this was ALL on Myles.

21 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

Garrett has to be suspended for the rest of the season at a minimum. This ranks up there with some of the most brutal after play acts I've ever seen. 

As for Cleveland, even when they win they lose. 

Can you imagine watching that as a Browns fan.  Feeling good with a convincing win, then in the final 10 seconds you watch your best defensive player do something so bad that you know he is gone for a long time.  Just so unnecessary.   

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Roughing the passer happens all the time. Let the officials penalize it and move on. I see it as road rage, escalating only puts yourself in danger. Going for the guy's helmet was certainly a heated response, but the whole point of suspensions is to stop people from having heated responses. Garrett gone for at least the 5 weeks that Haynesworth's stomp got, Rudolph gone for a week for going after a player's helmet, even if he failed at pulling it off.

I am shocked that emotionally violent guys got into a fight at the end of an emotionally violent game. 

Why the heck are you passing the ball in that situation?  

Why did Rudolph try to rip off Garretts helmet?

I feel like Garretts mind must have been:  "Oh, rip my helmet off... I'll show you!"

"Oh, you still want a piece of me -- eat some helmet".  

I would expect 4 games.  

Just now, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

the equivalent of honking your horn when someone cuts you off... 

Honking your horn is equivalent to Mason mouthing off. He grabbed for the helmet, that's trading paint. Helmets are sacred in the NFL. The penalize you for taking off your own helmet on the field, you definitely don't try to take off someone else's.

11 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Garret was on the bottom of that slow motion tackle, there was nothing violent about it. 

It looked to me like Rudolph started that fight and continued it even after his helmet got ripped off.  He tried to rip off Garret's helmet, failed, had his own ripped off.  And look at what Rudolph was up to after they were separated but before he got bopped on the noggin:

Xf7LmmP.png?1

Doesn't look like an innocent man to me.  I agree Garret should get the harshest punishment, for obvious reasons, but Mason is not blameless and should be punished as well.  You can't let guys start fights, continue fights, and then walk away clean when they end up getting the worst of it.  

7 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Garrett gone for at least the 5 weeks that Haynesworth's stomp got

Was it 5 weeks? I thought it was 2 games, but then again that’s just off the top of my head, i wasnt anywhere near as big an NFL fan then as i am now so i dont even remember watching that game or hearing about that until we signed Haynesworth 

This might be my emotions speaking since this is a raw moment, but I wouldn't be upset if Garrett had charges pressed against him and got a lifetime ban. Absolutely no excuse for swinging a damn HELMET at someone's head like that, major life altering effects could've resulted from that.

One of the dirtiest things I've ever seen during a sporting event. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Was it 5 weeks? I thought it was 2 games, but then again that’s just off the top of my head, i wasnt anywhere near as big an NFL fan then as i am now so i dont even remember watching that game or hearing about that until we signed Haynesworth 

I had to Google it earlier to be sure lol, but it was 5.

For reference, this was Haynesworth's stomp. Looking at it, I'm going to be very curious what Garrett's penalty is going to be. I'm not so sure he's going to get a longer one than Haynesworth because Haynesworth started the fight, and then literally stomped on his unprotected head. That should have been a season long in my book. The question is whether Goodell will side with precedent or with what truly is deserved.

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

This might be my emotions speaking since this is a raw moment, but I wouldn't be upset if Garrett had charges pressed against him and got a lifetime ban. Absolutely no excuse for swinging a damn HELMET at someone's head like that, major life altering effects could've resulted from that.

One of the dirtiest things I've ever seen during a sporting event. 

That is my initial reaction too.  My jaw dropped when I saw what was happening.  Imagine if that swing of the helmet connected more directly.  I feel a bit like after watching Mike Tyson bite off Holyfield's ear.  I'm still trying to process how things went so far off the rails.

Archived