Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m surprised Trent/his agent hasn’t came out publically about any of this yet, and with 3 days until players report to Richmond. I hope he shows up and this becomes water under the bridge. 

Maybe their thinking is that the holdout rumors are so absurd, that they "don't want to dignify them with a response" 😁

1 hour ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I'm not a huge fan of trading up. Really ever.. 

But our trade up for montez gives us control of two players from the 2019 draft for up to 5 years. Both are set to be team cornerstones and if either develops well that 5th year of control will be valuable. 

Was this meant to go in the thread dedicated to praising Bruce Allen for his genius moves ? :)

That's kind of a non starter, as I don't think anyone expects him to show up for day 1.

The bigger question may be: will anyone hold resentment against him if Bruce caves and signs him to a fat contract / extension which handcuffs us in other ahem signings.

5 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

That's kind of a non starter, as I don't think anyone expects him to show up for day 1.

The bigger question may be: will anyone hold resentment against him if Bruce caves and signs him to a fat contract / extension which handcuffs us in other ahem signings.

I don't know if I'd consider that accurate, especially his teammates.

I'm hoping we don't get to the point of him missing preseason or regular season games.  not showing up July 25th is first step in reaching that threshold, I've tried to be neutral up to this point waiting for more information.  Not showing up will speak louder then words.

27 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't know if I'd consider that accurate, especially his teammates.

I'm hoping we don't get to the point of him missing preseason or regular season games.  not showing up July 25th is first step in reaching that threshold, I've tried to be neutral up to this point waiting for more information.  Not showing up will speak louder then words.

He has barely spoken.  For some reason this doesn't seem like a run of the mill potential holdout. I do suspect some players faux hold out to skip camp  and reduce injury risks.  We have just seen the leagues best back hold out an entire season, and finances alone drive players to strike. We have the cancer scare, and then the shiny new QB angle.  I don't think we will have much cap room.  Bruce is not in a strong position and I think if Trent reports day 1, its because Bruce caved.

Maybe the teammates talk him into it....

54 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

So...if Trent doesn't show up for first day of Training Camp, does this change anyone's stance on this issue?

Depends...is he actually cleared to play now, because during his earlier "holdout" he wasn't...which is why he wasnt there...

39 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Depends...is he actually cleared to play now, because during his earlier "holdout" he wasn't...which is why he wasnt there...

That is a good question.  Believe Bruce will be very clear on whether hes not cleared or holding out if he doesnt show up.  Hell, jus because you arent cleared doesnt mean you dont show up now that I think about it.

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

So...if Trent doesn't show up for first day of Training Camp, does this change anyone's stance on this issue?

We should sign the BAP at OT NOW!  Maybe Trent will come back sooner rather than later.   My 2 cents.

14 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Hell, jus because you arent cleared doesnt mean you dont show up now that I think about it.

It really depends on the player I think. If memory serves me, which it probably doesn't...in the past when he wasnt cleared to play and most veterans for that matter dont show up for off season voluntary workouts...and some dont show up for mandatory practices in the pre-season if not medically cleared. 

But who knows. Everything right now is fan and media speculation. 

Is that opinion too mild and level headed for ES?

15 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

That is a good question.  Believe Bruce will be very clear on whether hes not cleared or holding out if he doesnt show up.  Hell, jus because you arent cleared doesnt mean you dont show up now that I think about it.

It depends. If he talks to the team and they agree he does not need to be there, then it's not an issue. If the team wants him there and he refuses then that's a different story. I can;t imagine the team wanting him there unless it's to pass a physical. Jay kept Trent out of most of the workouts last year in an effort to keep him healthy. It did not work out that way but if all he is going to do is sit on the sideline, and he could use the extra time to finish his rehab, and home is where he and the teams feels is the best place (or at least the teams it's OK), then it should not be an issue. 

44 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

It depends. If he talks to the team and they agree he does not need to be there, then it's not an issue. If the team wants him there and he refuses then that's a different story. I can;t imagine the team wanting him there unless it's to pass a physical. Jay kept Trent out of most of the workouts last year in an effort to keep him healthy. It did not work out that way but if all he is going to do is sit on the sideline, and he could use the extra time to finish his rehab, and home is where he and the teams feels is the best place (or at least the teams it's OK), then it should not be an issue. 

I agree, him not being there by itself is not an issue if the team okays it, but I expect if hes not there without them okaying it a statement will and should be made on that clarifying that.

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

It really depends on the player I think. If memory serves me, which it probably doesn't...in the past when he wasnt cleared to play and most veterans for that matter dont show up for off season voluntary workouts...and some dont show up for mandatory practices in the pre-season if not medically cleared. 

But who knows. Everything right now is fan and media speculation. 

Is that opinion too mild and level headed for ES?

Not Exteme enough : )

I believe they were okay with him missing certain offseason stuff up to this point, but wont be okay with him not coming to training camp without their blessing.  It's all quite now, but if hes not there, someone's gonna say something and I expect it to be Bruce.

It seems like if Trent was truly and still insisting on being traded, that we'd hear more little snippets about it in the media and social media, and not necessarily from him.

Like maybe his agent makes subtle statements to fuel their rhetoric, and/or we hear rumors that the Redskins have talked to other teams about a potential trade.

If he's really that insistent, it seems like they would at least prepare for that possibility of him standing his ground, and not just hope and wish he eventually shows up.

I would do that all day but I don't think they would do an even swap, I could be wrong on that.

For Diggs I would give them a pick and Trent, the only issue is the Vikes have just over $5M in cap space and they need half of that for the rookie pool.

I'm officially over this situation...he's signed to a more-than-fair deal and really doesn't have any leg to stand on when it comes to a new deal or more money. 

I'd trade him. 

This team isn't winning anything in 2019, so get value and take some lumps. Who knows, maybe a young guy impresses? If not, LT becomes a target. Either way, we aren't built to win now and good teams don't improve long-term by paying guys AFTER they've had their best days. 

So...reading about this on NFL.com, you find out this little but of info...

"Rapoport added on ITC Live that Williams might have to undergo additional proceedures on his head to ensure everything is kosher. The left tackle would then need to be medically cleared before he can return to the field. Given the seriousness of the medical matter, Williams being cleared might not be a given, whenever he finally reports for work."

I'm sure that will keep him out of Redskins Park as well...

Here's the link

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001036490/article/trent-williams-is-not-expected-to-report-to-camp

2 minutes ago, Xameil said:

So...reading about this on NFL.com, you find out this little but of info...

"Rapoport added on ITC Live that Williams might have to undergo additional proceedures on his head to ensure everything is kosher. The left tackle would then need to be medically cleared before he can return to the field. Given the seriousness of the medical matter, Williams being cleared might not be a given, whenever he finally reports for work."

I'm sure that will keep him out of Redskins Park as well...

Here's the link

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001036490/article/trent-williams-is-not-expected-to-report-to-camp

That's weird.  I just read a couple of posts ago that it's all about money.

Crazy how taking a breath can change the situation.

Archived