Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

21 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Just going by Marie Yovanovitch's opening statement and the way she sounds answering Schiff's questions and now the (D) counsel, I am already dreading the smear job that is likely coming once the GOP starts asking questions.   You can really get a sense from her that she loved her job, felt a real sense of duty, and was deeply hurt with what was going on, not just to her personally, but the entire situation in Ukraine. 

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Dem Counsel Daniel Goldman is pretty good at crafting narratives and stories in the sense that he makes things pretty easy to understand.  He lays down the tracks for the train of information very effectively. 

Pretty sure that's what prosecutors are hired and trained to do.  Ask questions that you already know the answers to, in order to lead the audience to the desired conclusion.  

at this point, with the ever-accepted exception of gopers who were vocal anti-trump-from the get-go (but who are still on the hook for decades of head-up-their-ass denial about, and actual nurturing of, the dysfunctional ****wads who composed the bulk of their constituency all along), my pov is that defending the currently configured gop is as worthwhile as defending nambla, the kkk, or the proud braindead impotent incel boys

When Yovanovitch was asked how she felt when she read Trump's line "she's going to go through some things" I wish she wouldn't have held back. I mean of course you're shocked". But I wish she would have answered with a little more emphasis with something like "when the most powerful person in our country smears me to another world leader and says you're going to go through some things how can you not feel threatened?". That's the kind of stuff that makes headlines and gets people to pay attention.

And once again Trump comes along like an orange bull in a china shop. ****ing lunatic. 

I thought her testimony so far was a really interesting contrast to the ones on Wednesday. Taylor and Kent were both cool, collected, purely fact based. Yovanovitch has been a more sympathetic witness so far and still based in fact but obviously with more emotion, especially when talking about feeling threatened and intimidated. She clearly took the stuff that happened to her personally and really loved her job. IMO all 3 have been pretty devastating but for somewhat different reasons. 

I wonder what Hannity and the other scumburgers will come up with to smear her personally. As far as Trump's tweets, I'm honestly just amazed that he didn't go after her looks. 

In summary: Everything that our institutions supposedly have frowned upon and looked at as horrible things to do, don't apply to Trump.   We good?

Is Yovanovitch done?  I am on the CSPN feed on youtube, got up from my desk to grab some coffee, it appears they are replaying her testimony. 

6 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

If you look at the U.S. Constitution and look Article 2, Section 4, it doesn't say "Trump can be impeached" so why are the Dims doing this??

It also doesn't say anything about perjury, so I'm assuming they didn't approve of the impeachment of Clinton?

:806:

dana bash just had a rare "unprofessional" (human) moment as the "first" zelinsky call---and latest trump shoots self in foot move (you'll hear why)---just released by trump included an excerpt being read by john king where don's talking to zelinsky and cites his authoritative experience of the region with "back when i owned the miss universe pageant, i....."  whereupon she covered her face with her hands, shook her head and groaned, and then apologized for it :ols:

Archived