Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2019 Season Prediction Thread: What Will Be Our Record This Year?

zCommander

Record  

118 members have voted

1. 1. What Will Be The Record

At some point this team won't be the most or among the most injured in the league.  When that happens they will surprise a few people.  Relatively healthy I can see them winning 9-10 games.  If its another year of IR for many then its going to be a 4-5 win season.

I went 8-8

2 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

If its another year of IR for many then its going to be a 4-5 win season.

Since the IR train has already started I think your 4-5 wins is likely too high.

I'm seeing a ceiling of 4 wins and a complete meltdown in 2019 at his point.  Jay Gruden is likely gone by Week 6 and Haskins will start getting some reps around the same time.  Looking like a good prediction is somewhere around 2-4 wins for 2019.  The Skins need a new LT & RT with high draft picks in 2020 to move forward.  Also likely to see some trades and cuts of overpaid vets. 

I said 8-8 only because of the uncertainty at the QB position.  However, people forget that we were 6-3 with Alex at QB, Alex was playing VERY MEDIOCRE.  He was just minimizing turnovers and extending drives on 3rd down. If we had any of the 3 QBs on the roster now last season, we would have made the paloffs. All Keenum has to do is feed AP and minimize turnovers just like Alex did and we will win some games.  If the team stays healthy then I see no reason we cant beat the Cowboys 2 times, Giants 2 times and split with the Fecals.  

I am typically optimistic as for W-L.  Last year I vacillated saying it could be as bad as 5-11 if things go off the rails and 11-5 if things break right.    So I guess I was close results wise since they came close to splitting the difference.

This season I'll say 7-9 which is optimistic compared to most of the national types.  Heck JP Finlay was going on about how he thought Adam Rank was crazy to say they'd go 2-14 but then when he circled to his own prediction he said 6-10 which granted is way better than 2-14 but still isn't hot.

I think the beginning of the season is pivotal.  If if they go 1-4 or 0-5 I think the season goes south.    Only thing I think that redeems it at that point and saves jobs would be Haskins jumping in and then they win some games because then you can sell the future.  Otherwise, I think a slow start which is certainly possible with a tough early schedule could make it a real ugly season.

There is so much talk about last season's good stretch.  but its happened plenty of times.  There were cool moments of optimism in 2016 (went 6-3 that year too) and 2017.  Heck going back to Zorn they had a 6-2 stretch. Mediocrity is rarely a straight line of a win followed by a loss, rinse and repeat, etc.  You usually got streaks.  I am guessing the winning streak this time comes around the middle of the season, where they go something like 6-2 from week 4 through week 11.   Then will hear about them fading in the end because of injuries.  Our O line is arguably even thiner than last year as for depth. 

I'm feeling pessimistic today and chose 6-10.  I'm mostly concerned about the OL which I fear will breakdown again but also concerned about QB play and the lack of proven receivers to work with other than the tight ends.  If the OL enjoys good health than I see a 9-7 upside but I think that is too much to hope for given our experience these last two years.

25 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

I'm feeling pessimistic today and chose 6-10. 

6-10 would be optimistic for me as of now...

4-12 is more how I see it. And 2-14 wouldn't be out of the realm with injuries and lots of young guys playing...

11 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

6-10 would be optimistic for me as of now...

4-12 is more how I see it. And 2-14 wouldn't be out of the realm with injuries and lots of young guys playing...

Certainly, within the realm of possibility, I can easily see that happening.  I am hoping the defense will keep the Skins in most games and Gruden will be able to cobble together a decent offense with Case Keenum but of course Keenum won't have the great Vikings receivers to work with but I hope he'll be able to generate something if the OL is functional.  If they get off to a bad start with the tough first 5 games and then the OL starts to collapse like the last two season they could spiral down to the 2-4 win range, I hope not, I hope we can stay healthy and win 9 and get the needle moving upward again. 

10 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

Certainly, within the realm of possibility, I can easily see that happening.  I am hoping the defense will keep the Skins in most games and Gruden will be able to cobble together a decent offense with Case Keenum but of course Keenum won't have the great Vikings receivers to work with but I hope he'll be able to generate something if the OL is functional.  If they get off to a bad start with the tough first 5 games and then the OL starts to collapse like the last two season they could spiral down to the 2-4 win range, I hope not, I hope we can stay healthy and win 9 and get the needle moving upward again. 

I have a hard time believing we're gonna be healthy this year.

Especially on the OL. When history tells us the opposite.

If our OL goes down, we're in big trouble and I would hate to see Haskins playing his rookie year behind an injury riddled OL. Best way to kill his career.

Our D played good to great early last year but wasn't able to sustain the rythm when O went south. I don't see much reason for this to change. Dunbar also has some injury history and if nobody steps in for him if he gets injured, our D will fall again.

And I don't like all those big mouth on our coaching side of the Defense. We have a tough schedule early, where even with a healthy team we might lose just because the other teams are better. Which will leads to tension within coaches, and thus problems. How long will a Rob Ryan or a Ray Horton bear some bad defensive play calls? Not long I believe...

13 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I have a hard time believing we're gonna be healthy this year.

Especially on the OL. When history tells us the opposite.

Yeah, that's my pet peeve, I don't expect the OL to be able to hold together this year either and wanted the Skins to use their top 3 picks for OL instead of a QB, a pass rusher and receiver.  Hopefully, all three of them will be solid contributors but you're right if the OL collapses again these 3 young guys aren't going to matter.

Let me just say, that with all the negative predictions I see on NFL Network.  And I hope Im not alone on this; we don’t want any outsider love if we thrive this year.  All I keep hearing is that, we aren’t good enough, and we aren’t ready for prime time.

Kirk is going to pick us apart when it counts in our game against the Vikings, according to their “experts.”

7 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Let me just say, that with all the negative predictions I see on NFL Network.  And I hope Im not alone on this; we don’t want any outsider love if we thrive this year.  All I keep hearing is that, we aren’t good enough, and we aren’t ready for prime time.

Kirk is going to pick us apart when it counts in our game against the Vikings, according to their “experts.”

That's one game I could see us blowing them out, no homer. You KNOW that game is circled, and our DL is going to eat his LUNCH. 

1 hour ago, Veryoldschool said:

Okay Chief, time to put down the pipe, you've had enough....

I don't REALLY think we're going 11-5, there VOS.  If you couldn't catch the sarcasm, you might need to set the pipe down yourself, lol. 

But we WILL beat the snot out of Minn.  Kirk is soft, and we will destroy him on defense. 

1 minute ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I don't REALLY think we're going 11-5, there VOS.  If you couldn't catch the sarcasm, you might need to set the pipe down yourself, lol. 

Bummer, I thought you were serious and I was hoping in some crazy way you'd turn out to be right.  I grasp at straws to see a brighter year ahead than what my head expects.

Week 1 is a guaranteed loss.  Weeks 2-5, I fully expect the skins to be competitive and be 2-3 or 3-2.  At that point, the wheels will fall off due to injury or incompetence.  We will coast to 5-11.

Edit:  if we win week 1, it may got well early in the season.  However, I fully expect the season to be on its way to derailment by week 8.

Archived