Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Bryce Love RB Stanford

PCS

2 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I admire your discipline in adhering to your chosen shtick, welcome to the board 👍

Thx. The pandemic really backed me into a corner. If Zombies could die, I would have died of boredom. I had to find new ways to challenge and engage myself just a touch.

Also message boards are a great source of decaying brains and those are easier to catch.

Unlike Bryce Love, who I hope will be quite difficult to run down.

5 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Thx. The pandemic really backed me into a corner. If Zombies could die, I would have died of boredom. I had to find new ways to challenge and engage myself just a touch.

Also message boards are a great source of decaying brains and those are easier to catch.

Unlike Bryce Love, who I hope will be quite difficult to run down.

Do you play plants vs zombies much?..my wife loves that game..plays for days on end

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Do you play

Logged my fair share of hours on the various versions. FB Zombie truly has a way of putting the fear of God in you. Bet he would be good at any skill offensive skill position. He’s got quicks and looks good in the open field. Plus, he runs in the Heisman pose. Gotta respect those levels of pure swag.

That’s the kind of explosiveness our team could not constantly show last season. Looks like we are taking steps to correct that problem. I’m just hoping I don’t have to wait for injuries before Love gets a chance to contribute, especially with no preseason. He will get no live pass pro reps until the games matter, and that would be a huge part of his job description. Getting early snaps will be difficult with Guice, McK and Gibson on board.  

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

He doesn't have his own thread, but apparently we need to watch out for this RB, as well.

Peyton Barber seems like an odd man out.

Here's my thing. If he's so explosive and his highlights show he can make plays on the field, how come so many teams already at 26?? Too me I see he's undersized but then I think the major red flag must be he can't pass block.. I mean guys like Danny Woodhead was able to put together a good career as a small skat back, why can't this kid?? I'm curious about him.

In terms of Peyton Barber, I wasn't really excited about a kid who has a career 3.6 per carry. But with Guice and his issues, we dont know what Love can do at least we wont have to look to street free agents. Oh that's right we got AP too..

59 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

@Malapropismic Depository

I like hearing that.  But why has he moved around so much, from team to team?

10 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Here's my thing. If he's so explosive and his highlights show he can make plays on the field, how come so many teams already at 26??

I believe it's basically because he was considered a "fill-in" last year, due to injuries to other key players.

Last year in Detroit was actually his most productive year. And he was actually their most consistent RB (factoring both health and production)

A bit of a late bloomer.

And he was not cut by Detroit, but a FA.

So to answer the question, I believe the Lions are expecting last year's injured RB's to come back healthy this year, and be the cheaper

option was to stay with them, rather than pay McKissic.

He certainly was not a disappointment with Detroit. They seriously considered bringing him back.

Most interesting thing about him - the college team he played for was : Red Wolves.

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

Notice the name of his college team mascot.

That was actually the very last sentence posted before your post :)

Gibson and McKissic seem to be very similar, both in attributes, and in their roles, as versatile Backs.

Normally, I'd say we don't have roster space for 2 third down backs, but we get an increased roster this year, due to COVID, don't we ?

That, or maybe we can convert one of them to be primarily a WR, in order to keep them both.

Because it's hard to imagine a backfield of AP, Guice, Love, Gibson, McKissic, and at the same time, hard to imagine cutting any of them, but something's gotta give.

35 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

That was actually the very last sentence posted before your post :)

👍

35 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Gibson and McKissic seem to be very similar, both in attributes, and in their roles, as versatile Backs.

Gibson is a burner running a 4.3, it's hard to see a 4.59 guy being explosive but we'll see.

12 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

When Jordan referred to McKissic as a "fire starter" and "able to score from anywhere on the field", with that imagery I couldn't help but imagine him being an expIosive player

Maybe he's elusive or breaks tackles, B Mitch was never fast but he knew how to read blocks and hit the open field.

3 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Here's my thing. If he's so explosive and his highlights show he can make plays on the field, how come so many teams already at 26?? Too me I see he's undersized but then I think the major red flag must be he can't pass block.. I mean guys like Danny Woodhead was able to put together a good career as a small skat back, why can't this kid?? I'm curious about him.

That's a good question, here's my synopsis and guess.  My impression is that he's consistently valued as a quality fallback option, but teams think there's a ceiling for him as a player.

His pre-season team as a rookie was the 2016 Atlanta Falcons.  They went to the Super Bowl that year and had a great roster.  It's hard to make that.  He then went to the Seahawks from 2016-2018.  In 2016 the Seahawks also drafted CJ Procise in the 3rd round who was supposed to be a scat back for them.

2016 - Couldn't carve out a roster spot on a Super Bowl Falcons team

2016 - Couldn't carve out playing time on the 10-5-1 Seahawks as a rookie

2017 - Eventually earned more reps and took Procises role from him, led their RB's in receiving targets

2018 - Started the season on IR, and was activated late in the season, but couldn't break into the RB rotation.  Chris Carson broke out, and they were trying to find a role for their 1st rounder Rashaad Penny

2019 - Joins the Lions, led their RB's in receiving targets.  Not a good RB group though.

So maybe he could've capitalized more in 2018 had he not started the season on IR.  But I think the picture on who McKissic is, is clear.  Undersized yet quality versatile player, but not a star, and teams keep searching for that star option.  McKissic isn't a burner, but he is fast because he hits top speed immediately.  So if there's YAC room of 5 yards, he's going to consistently get close to that, but odds are he's not creating from what isn't there.  That's why teams still want him on their roster.

Yea, he may not have the speed of Gibson, but I can see why Jordan said he's a fire-starter and can score from anywhere.

He's got everything BUT blazing speed.

Great vision, can make people miss, strong/feisty runner who can shake off would-be tacklers, and great hands.

So he can run AND catch.

I can see it now - "McKissic takes it at the 40. Noone can bring him down. You can McKissic Goodbye !!!"

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

And the ball was underthrown, directly into the arms of Bostic, but McKissic still grabbed it away, if only Bostic was practicing ball awareness.

That video is a lot of fun to watch. First guy rarely gets him down and he always falls forward.

Archived