Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

44 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He reminds me of Chad Johnson without the…quirkiness. 

Perfect route runner?

Not flashy?

Stacking good seasons consistently?

Over shadowed?

412 bad QBs with glimmers of success?

Tim Brown. 

17 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Ochocinco was kind of scrawny though.  Terry is physical and maybe even on the burly side despite being average height for a receiver.

I've always liked Torry Holt as a comparison.  He's not as good as Holt was, but he has a similar style and build and set of talents.

He needs a running mate.  Curtis Samuel needs to step up and start playing because Terry is not the kind of 6'5 match up nightmare that can be a lone workhorse like an Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson.  Terry needs some help keeping the chains moving and keeping the safeties on their toes instead of just having the safeties and corners sitting on him and only giving him shorter stuff.

Holts a good comparison play wise for sure.

Edited by Koolblue13
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Ochocinco was kind of scrawny though.  Terry is physical and maybe even on the burly side despite being average height for a receiver.

I've always liked Torry Holt as a comparison.  He's not as good as Holt was, but he has a similar style and build and set of talents.

He needs a running mate.  Curtis Samuel needs to step up and start playing because Terry is not the kind of 6'5 match up nightmare that can be a lone workhorse like an Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson.  Terry needs some help keeping the chains moving and keeping the safeties on their toes instead of just having the safeties and corners sitting on him and only giving him shorter stuff.

Torry Holt is my absolute best case for McLaurin. But Holt is in my mind a HOF caliber WR who played with a HOF WR, HOF RB, and his team lucked into a HOF QB. Made his life a lot easier.

1 hour ago, Silvernon said:

Chad's routes were never this good. 

Wasn't Chad known for being a tremendous route runner? He was a late round pick so its not like he blew people away with his physical traits.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Ah yes.  Subtlety back away from your previous Terry slander.  Just get there already.  He's a top ten WR at worst.

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Torry Holt is my absolute best case for McLaurin. But Holt is in my mind a HOF caliber WR who played with a HOF WR, HOF RB, and his team lucked into a HOF QB. Made his life a lot easier.

Wasn't Chad known for being a tremendous route runner? He was a late round pick so its not like he blew people away with his physical traits.

Its a fruitless endeavor but you could swap Holt for Terry on that Rams squad amd nobody would even notice.  And I was calling Holt the best WR in the league back in the day and a little bit before it didnt sound crazy.

Thats how good Terry is.  He's HOF ability saddled with abysmal QB play through his career thus far.  But he's HOF good with a better situation.

1 hour ago, 86 Snyder said:

Ah yes.  Subtlety back away from your previous Terry slander.  Just get there already.  He's a top ten WR at worst.

Its a fruitless endeavor but you could swap Holt for Terry on that Rams squad amd nobody would even notice.  And I was calling Holt the best WR in the league back in the day and a little bit before it didnt sound crazy.

Thats how good Terry is.  He's HOF ability saddled with abysmal QB play through his career thus far.  But he's HOF good with a better situation.

This post is sheer dumbass homer nonsense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

One reason I'm wrong about the Tim Brown comparison is because Brown didn't need a fan base this adept at making excuses for why the player wasn't the greatest ever yet.

This is absolutely hilarious considering your posts in the Chase Young thread.

Terry got shut down by a rookie today.  Even on the play that got batted down at the line by #99 where he was the first read, it was a slant where he was completely blanketed.  By contrast, Jeudy got wide open on a slant against man coverage for a key conversion on their go ahead TD drive.

Terry's one big play today came running through a busted zone coverage where the deep defender never picked him up.  I'd like to hear more about how he's a hall of famer and how this team does nothing but hold him back.

• Like 1

Until we have a legitimate QB who's throws to sideline out patterns can beat a cornerback who is playing 5 yards off the WR.....then it is hard to make any real judgements on McLaurin's ceiling.  What we know so far is that he is really good, borderline great, but we are lacking 50% of the equation that gets a very good WR to that next level of greatness.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Terry got shut down by a rookie today.  Even on the play that got batted down at the line by #99 where he was the first read, it was a slant where he was completely blanketed.  By contrast, Jeudy got wide open on a slant against man coverage for a key conversion on their go ahead TD drive.

Terry's one big play today came running through a busted zone coverage where the deep defender never picked him up.  I'd like to hear more about how he's a hall of famer and how this team does nothing but hold him back.

Surtain didn’t follow Terry today.  You’re frustrated and wrong.  If you don’t know football just say that.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Perhaps you missed the part about abysmal quarterback play.

You can memorize all the scouting catch phrases you like, but it doesn't make you good at discerning talent.

10 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I’ve always respected your draft opinions and such but what is he supposed to do if he’s not getting targeted?

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

I’ve always respected your draft opinions and such but what is he supposed to do if he’s not getting targeted?

He's just hung up on his 3rd round draft capital and his own lukewarm prospect evaluation.  Guy can't assess new information when its presented.

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

He's just hung up on his 3rd round draft capital and his own lukewarm prospect evaluation.  Guy can't assess new information when its presented.

I know you're trying to take a snarky shot at me but in reality it's really a self-own on your part.

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Mclaurin must be waiting for the day he’s a free agent and can finally go to a team with a competent QB and defense. 

We'll know this offseason because I don't believe we can use the 5th year option on him. If we don't lock him up after the season I'm guessing it will be due to him wanting to move on from this circus.  Could be a big loss for the franchise and something to keep an eye on.

Edited by JSSkinz

Two competing ideas can be true at the same time.

1.  Terry is our #1 but he’s by no means dominant.  I can think of 10-12 teams where he would start in the slot as WR3.

2.  A real pro qb would be drilling him open 7-8 times a game even against pro bowl cbs.  But Heinicke has mutated into a risk-averse/slop armed game manager with a bum OC…so you get 14 targets to McKissic.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Surtain is a stud. I don't know what there is to gain by attacking the one offensive player we have that opposing defenses have to gameplan for.

15 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Two competing ideas can be true at the same time.

1.  Terry is our #1 but he’s by no means dominant.  I can think of 10-12 teams where he would start in the slot as WR3.

2.  A real pro qb would be drilling him open 7-8 times a game even against pro bowl cbs.  But Heinicke has mutated into a risk-averse/slop armed game manager with a bum OC…so you get 14 targets to McKissic.

Agree on both points.

I think McLaurin is better than just a #1 WR, but he's by no means a dominant receiver. Like I said last week, on a scale of 1 to 10, if 10 were Davante Adams, McLaurin is firmly an 8.5 ish. At his best he's probably a 9. Still very good, but not a complete dominant presence.

Reg. 2nd point, look at last week. We had receivers covered pretty well but Rodgers would make brilliant throws. You gotta have a QB who can fit the balls into tight spots to beat good coverage. We don't have that.

As I type that, Cousins just fits a perfect pass to a well covered receiver, some dude named Conklin. If McLaurin had Cousins he's probably a 1500 yard WR.

With all that said, what is there to gain by criticizing Terry? No WR in the league can carry a bad offense. He's the one guy we have worth a crap, so as is WFT fanbase's way lets bash him.

He's going to leave in two years and end up having a fringe HOF type career playing with someone like Herbert or Murray.

• Thanks 1