Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

I think people are underestimating the effect having a year in the books and maybe more importantly, the effect a year in an NFL diet, strength and conditioning program could have on Jeremy Sprinkle. That's a guy I could see having a huge jump, and he may not be elite in any one area but he can do it all. Is it disappointing not to dip into this good TE class? Yeah, but it allowed us to stock up elsewhere. And maybe they really like Sprinkle. The more I type about him the more I realize that it sucks his name is Sprinkle though.

2 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

Moving to TE is a good idea. I would've preferred Arcega-Whiteside over Harmon but obviously Sweat was the right pick ahead of him. The reason I like the big-body WR types with great hands is they always seem to be between the QB and the CB. One perception I have of Haskins is he struggled with slants and hitches. Usually a hot read so the ball is a laser but not the best pass and his OSU receivers struggled. A guy like Harmon should help in that department.  

And this is a fair point as well. We need a big possession guy to work inside to help Haskins. And that may be their plan with him. He had no experience in the slot in college though. So it is going to be a stiff learning curve for him. But fair argument for sure.

3 minutes ago, JCB said:

Exactly. Boldin ran 4.71 at the combine.

I think it's obvious Boldin wasn't a 4.71 player. He was drafted in an era way before players started getting $20,000 advances from their agents to train for the combine like it was the only thing that mattered in the world, learning proper form and technique and training endlessly until the day of. Hell agents supply sports psychologists and public speaking coaches now for some players in order to impress teams in interviews. It's a different world, who knows what Boldin would have run with all that emphasis on the combine.

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

And this is a fair point as well. We need a big possession guy to work inside to help Haskins. And that may be their plan with him. He had no experience in the slot in college though. So it is going to be a stiff learning curve for him. But fair argument for sure.

Yeah, normally moving a big contested catch guy who struggles separating on the outside against superior athletes at CB into the slot could be an interesting idea, let him fight it out against more poorly equipped LB's and short nickels....but with pretty much no experience on the inside it's probably not a great idea. Probably smarter to work on his stems and figure out if he can mind meld with Haskins and invalidate his lack of speed entirely. 

23 minutes ago, Hogs86 said:
Daniel JeremiahVerified account @MoveTheSticks
FollowFollow @MoveTheSticks
More

One of my favorite late round guys is James Madison CB Jimmy Moreland. He's a ballhawk with outstanding play speed. He's undersized but I could see him moving to safety and getting his hands on a bunch of footballs. He reminds me of @Damontaekazee coming out of college.

Pick Jimmy Moreland fom JMU and call it a day!!

You called it!

Yeah Harmon's 4.6 is a large reason why I'd guess he's there this late. But regardless my take watching him -- the dude gets open.   He's a physical receiver not a burner.  Michael Thomas' was around a 4.6 too.

His 10 time was pretty much identical to Deebo Samuel and Hakeem Butler and better than N'Keal Harry.  He's not an athlete but not a disaster either.  

He's far from my top receiver but he was my 2nd favorite player after Butler on day three.  I just looked it up Dane Brugler who some respect here has him as the 6th best receiver in the draft.   I think the dude has a shot. 

23 minutes ago, Hogs86 said:
Daniel JeremiahVerified account @MoveTheSticks
FollowFollow @MoveTheSticks
More

One of my favorite late round guys is James Madison CB Jimmy Moreland. He's a ballhawk with outstanding play speed. He's undersized but I could see him moving to safety and getting his hands on a bunch of footballs. He reminds me of @Damontaekazee coming out of college.

Pick Jimmy Moreland fom JMU and call it a day!!

You got it.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah Harmon's 4.6 is a large reason why I'd guess he's there this late. But regardless my take watching him -- the dude gets open.   He's a physical receiver not a burner.  Michael Thomas' was around a 4.6 too.

His 10 time was pretty much identical to Deebo Samuel and Hakeem Butler and better than N'Keal Harry.  He's not an athlete but not a disaster either.  

He's far from my top receiver but he was my 2nd favorite player after Butler on day three.  I just looked it up Dane Brugler who some respect here has him as the 6th best receiver in the draft.   I think the dude has a shot. 

Rotoworld does not paint a good picture of this kid.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/49783/kelvin-harmon

Harmon’s athletic limitations were revealed in Indy with a 4.6-flat forty, 32 ½-inch vertical, and sluggish 7.15 three-cone time. A high-production possession receiver with a low ceiling, Harmon would do well to carve out a Mohamed Sanu-level career. Washington entered the draft looking for a No. 1 receiver, but Harmon is unlikely to be it.

Archived