Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

31 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Are you trying too tell me that spending $75.5M for a combined 0.2 WAR (Stanton, Rodon, Donaldson) is not the best way to go about building a team?

I was told that spending obscene amounts of money is the only way to win...is that not accurate?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I was told that spending obscene amounts of money is the only way to win...is that not accurate?

Just gotta be terrible on purpose for about 3 years. Then you’re a rocket to the moon! ;) 

11 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Brian Cashman has been a terrible GM for so long. His contract keeps expiring and Hal keeps renewing. It’s infuriating.

He’s so arrogant… despite his constant:multitude of failures.

I still find it funny that the GM for the money glitch MLB franchise (uh, up until the Mets recently) has a GM named Cashman. If that were in a movie, it was create eye-rolls from the audience. 

• Haha 1

Ohtani has a torn UCL and likely headed to a second Tommy John surgery. Hate to see it, especially having a historic season and about to cash in. 

Wherever he signs for 2024, he will probably have to be a DH for the season and then hope to pitch at some point in 2025. 

*edit* Nevermind, I wrote some highly critical post about Mike Trout being always injured and overrated, but I just looked at his stats and dude is clearly legit.  He definitely is injured all the time though.

Edited by abdcskins