Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Cohen testifies before the House Oversight Committee

Cooked Crack

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

Because that’s fraud. And it very well may be the only thing they can get trump on. 

Maybe not. But it might. 

Tax evasion is just as prosecutable. Over inflating value means he pays MORE in taxes. If he over inflated values for higher sales then that's going to be fraud and will most likely only have financial penalties in court not criminal.

16 minutes ago, twa said:

P&L have nothing to do with real estate taxes :ols:

I don't know about the boonies you live in, but here in civilization the govt sends a appraiser to set the real estate value for tax purposes.

they do allow you to submit personal property valuations of your own....which they review and even inspect.

Without P&L's the commercial appraiser can ONLY assess value of the property, NOT the business which is how businesses are valued for sale and purchase.

...and I wonder at which point the assessment might have ended up low considering the personal property valuation submissions?

But again, I'm not the one making the claim that Trump did this to avoid paying taxes...HIS PERSONAL ATTORNEY IS!!

If Trump's decenders get their heads out of Trump's ass for a minute thry might find their integrity again.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

They got Al Capone on tax evasion too.

BINGO!!!!

2 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Without P&L's the commercial appraiser can ONLY assess value of the property

Which is what is taxed as property, not income.

Cohen is saying he is inflating the value of the property and business combined to secure financing.....which is not tax evasion.

the value as collateral and estimated future income over years  for loan purposes is VERY different.

2 hours ago, twa said:

Cohen is saying he is inflating the value of the property and business combined to secure financing.....which is not tax evasion.

the value as collateral and estimated future income over years  for loan purposes is VERY different.

Cohen is the AOC questioning stated that Trump was actively DEVALUING his properties.

7 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Viewership for her show has exploded in the last two years, an ungodly number of people that watch her now couldn't have picked her out of a lineup in 2015. 

You should see her graduation photo. Long blonde hair. 

My hairdresser said she looked better than with brown hair...I disagree. 

And I love her almost as much as I love Suzy Kolber. Women who know their **** are awesome. 

13 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Cohen is the AOC questioning stated that Trump was actively DEVALUING his properties.

The testimony stated he was doing both.  Inflating values when applying for the bank loans i.e. deutsche bank and deflating values when filing taxes i.e. his golf course in the Bronx. 

2 hours ago, twa said:

Fraud. Pretty sure people tricking banks into loaning them money by lying about their ability to repay the loan is frowned upon.

19 minutes ago, Isifhan said:

The testimony stated he was doing both.  Inflating values when applying for the bank loans i.e. deutsche bank and deflating values when filing taxes i.e. his golf course in the Bronx. 

How do you know Trump is lying....

1 hour ago, Isifhan said:

Everyone deflates property values or tries to, I have a company doing my property taxes that specializes in just that......every year they protest the valuation.

Inflating for a loan could be a problem, but that is more interpretive....after all he thinks highly of just the Trump brand :ols:.(the brand and business(as well as real estate) factor into valuation for loans.

26 minutes ago, twa said:

Everyone deflates property values or tries to, I have a company doing my property taxes that specializes in just that......every year they protest the valuation.

Inflating for a loan could be a problem, but that is more interpretive....after all he thinks highly of just the Trump brand :ols:.(the brand and business(as well as real estate) factor into valuation for loans.

"Financial documents released by Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen during his testimony before the House Committee on Oversight and Reform Wednesday show Trump, in 2013, put a financial value on the brand: $4 billion."

I think reasonable people can agree that this is ludicrous.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/27/politics/brand-value-trump-cohen-documents/index.html

4 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Anyhow I am happy for my wife's cousins in Buffalo that they did not have to endure Trump as owner of the Bills. They've suffered enough.

Sometimes sacrifices have to be made to help the greater good. If I had a time machine I'd help Trump purchase the Bills.

38 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Reminds me when I went to buy a new 5rh wheel hitch for my truck.  The 20-something year old girl there totally schooled me on them.  All I could say was "hehe....wow!"

Yep. Google ain't everything. I rather enjoy asking folks what they think about this or that. You get the most honesty that way. People post all kinds of nonsense in reviews sometimes. 

Archived