Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Cohen testifies before the House Oversight Committee

Cooked Crack

4 hours ago, twa said:

Everyone deflates property values or tries to, I have a company doing my property taxes that specializes in just that......every year they protest the valuation.

I really hope the county n city tell you to **** off every year.

I dont deflate or challenge my property value. Never even considered it honestly. City n County seem to value quite fairly here in NC.

Honestly Im fine with higher property tax value. Means I can charge higher rents.

Your property should be undervalued tho since things have been mades so great again. It'll take the gov't 3-4 to readjusts. 🤔

So basically you just have the city n county adjust your property value every year since you constantly contest it? 

Devaluing ones property like a proper slum lord. Now that's where I thought Cohen would go with the whole devaluing thing. Not just contesting property value yearly. Meh...

11 hours ago, twa said:

Everyone deflates property values or tries to, I have a company doing my property taxes that specializes in just that......every year they protest the valuation.

No, not everyone deflates their property values. I'm sure your local police appreciate your support. But, as we've seen over the last couple years, the Right's support of LEO's is more lip service than actual support.

8 hours ago, clietas said:

I really hope the county n city tell you to **** off every year.

I dont deflate or challenge my property value. Never even considered it honestly. City n County seem to value quite fairly here in NC.

Honestly Im fine with higher property tax value. Means I can charge higher rents.

Yeah, my bet is the vast majority of american citizens who, if they're lucky, have one property, don't try to fudge what it's worth. 

24 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Yeah, my bet is the vast majority of american citizens who, if they're lucky, have one property, don't try to fudge what it's worth. 

using the protest system they set up is fudging?

If they hadn't raised values in response to a vote to lower rates this could have been avoided, :)

30 minutes ago, twa said:

using the protest system they set up is fudging?

If they hadn't raised values in response to a vote to lower rates this could have been avoided, :)

He was responding to another poster about rent. Stay in the right (literally) lane. 

1 hour ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Agreed

@twa is one of those proud citizens who support all of local LEO's and first responders, demands that potholes be filled on his roads and that traffic lights function properly, and demands that schools measure up in their performance to produce a well trained work force, all while he undercuts their funding annually.

A true patriot I tell ya, nobel citizenry.

2 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

He was responding to another poster about rent. Stay in the right (literally) lane. 

No, no, it's a fair question because obviously the protest system was designed to take the value of a NYC golf course from $50,000,000 down 97.2%.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/mar/12/donald-trump-briarcliff-manor-golf-course-tax

Go ahead twa defend him all you want, I never figured you do anything else.

Well now it's all making sense......

Austin, Texas

"Austin Man Not Sure Why People Don't Like His Homes Paint Job."

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/pflugerville-man-not-sure-why-people-dont-like-his-homes-paint-job

46342179165_24054fb1fc_b.jpg

Interestingly enough, there is now HOA, but there may be legal recourse for neighboring home-owners against the owner for bringing down their property values.

You got to pay taxes before you can try to reduce them... no one is like, “you know what, I don’t want that earned income tax credit”

@AsburySkinsFan that article doesn’t layout the merits of the case so it’s hard to say who was in the right. What we do know is that trump sued, meaning if a court decides/decided he was in the wrong he has to pay all the legal fees on top of the taxes.. and I bet his legal fees are top dollar..

we also know from the article that he invested 45 million dollars into the property. That’s a lot of jobs supported just by building the golf course, not to mention the jobs created by the golf course itself.

Read a proposal once for how to handle property appraisals for taxes. 

The homeowner puts whatever value he wants on his property. The document gets filed at the courthouse, and is a public record. 

Anybody who wants to can go down to the courthouse, and offer to buy the property for 20% above the self-assigned value. If such an offer is made, then the owner has 90 days to either:

1). Accept the offer. Or

2). Revise his self appraisal to match the offer, and pay three years' back taxes (and penalties) at the revised appraisal. 

20 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

You got to pay taxes before you can try to reduce them... no one is like, “you know what, I don’t want that earned income tax credit”

@AsburySkinsFan that article doesn’t layout the merits of the case so it’s hard to say who was in the right. What we do know is that trump sued, meaning if a court decides/decided he was in the wrong he has to pay all the legal fees on top of the taxes.. and I bet his legal fees are top dollar..

we also know from the article that he invested 45 million dollars into the property. That’s a lot of jobs supported just by building the golf course, not to mention the jobs created by the golf course itself.

So he invested 45 million dollars into the property but it's only worth 1.5 million.

Just keep repeating that until you realize just how collossally stupid it is. Then feel free to join the rest of the class.

21 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

He also built a wall, and sent somebody else the bill. 

(He lost.)

4 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

So he invested 45 million dollars into the property but it's only worth 1.5 million.

For tax purposes... But I think @Larry is saying he lost the court case so you are getting mad that he made an attempt legally to pay less taxes to recoup his 45 million dollar investment faster. Not that he did anything illegal.....

Maybe you are mad he attempted to “rip off” the public, but without the initial investment he made in the property they value of it would be much less than the 200mil, but much more than the 1 million he wanted it evaluated at... don’t forget all the taxes that are paid on the 45 million.

Im not saying I agree that 1 million is a fair tax assessment, it’s not. I’m saying there is absolutely nothing wrong with attempting to pay the least amount of taxes you are legally required to pay.

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

For tax purposes...

Im not saying I agree that 1 million is a fair tax assessment, it’s not. I’m saying there is absolutely nothing wrong with attempting to pay the least amount of taxes you are legally required to pay.

When you try to do the above fraudelently then yeah there IS something wrong. It's obvious he was trying to commit fraud for tax purposes, anything else you said is just an attempt to polish that turd.

...back to your corner

9 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

When you try to do the above fraudelently then yeah there IS something wrong. It's obvious he was trying to commit fraud for tax purposes, anything else you said is just an attempt to polish that turd.

...back to your corner

What was fraudulent about it? (Your article didn’t lay it out). If he did something fraudulent that’s obviously wrong, asking a court to reduce your property value isn’t fraud, though.

Top House Democrat: Hannity should testify under oath about hush-money scheme

(CNN)A member of House Democratic leadership says it may be time to hear from Fox News host Sean Hannity -- under oath.

Rhode Island Rep. David Cicilline, who chairs the Democratic Policy and Communications Committee, said that Hannity's latest comments suggest he has information about hush money payments made by Trump's former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, to keep the then-presidential candidate's alleged extramarital affairs quiet in the days before the 2016 election. Trump later reimbursed Cohen for those payments.
"Sean Hannity volunteered first-hand knowledge about Michael Cohen's actions last night," Cicilline spokesman Francis Grubar told CNN. "If he was lying, it wouldn't be the first time. This is the same guy who claimed inside knowledge that Russia didn't hack the DNC until a federal judge ordered him to stop. Regardless, if he feels he has information that's relevant to this investigation, he should share it under oath before Congress."
On his television program Thursday night, Hannity told Trump that Cohen told him "at least a dozen times" that "he made the decision on the payments -- and he didn't tell you."
"He told me that personally," Hannity said to Trump.
The comment prompted Cicilline -- a member of the influential House Judiciary Committee -- to tweet Thursday: "Sean Hannity is now volunteering himself as a witness. I look forward to his testimony."

They should totally call him in. But for a closed-door testimony. If he fights to make it public, they should do the same thing the Senate did with Comey. But I wouldn't put Hannity of TV to do his bit. I'd have him off camera and under oath and be willing to release a transcript later. If the Senate wants to give him TV time. That's fine. He can see if he'll contradict what he said.

3 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Well now it's all making sense......

Austin, Texas

"Austin Man Not Sure Why People Don't Like His Homes Paint Job."

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/pflugerville-man-not-sure-why-people-dont-like-his-homes-paint-job

46342179165_24054fb1fc_b.jpg

Interestingly enough, there is now HOA, but there may be legal recourse for neighboring home-owners against the owner for bringing down their property values.

Lovely house, but it looks more purple than pink...

6 hours ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

That may be true, but in my experience in northern Va it isn’t.  A common, and entirely valid, complaint is that the state over values their properties when they calculate taxes.  

This doesnt mean Trump was in the right for trying to under value his property.  It wouldn’t surprise anyone to learn he was trying to cheat.  

Archived