Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Plight of the 2021 Baltimore Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

1 minute ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Castro deserved that win - he pulled Sulser's nuts out the fire with the bases loaded and 1 out.

I have no idea why Hyde thinks Sulser is more than a one inning pitcher.  Especially after he walked two to load the bases - should have been pulled right then.

Yea, the 3rd walk seemed predictable for sure. 

Castro is just nasty when he's locating that 2-seam fastball. 

I don't get what Hyde is doing sometimes. Why pull Cobb after 80 pitches? Why PR for Nunez in the 8th in a tie game while he is only on first base? That was terrible. 

@Spaceman Spiff I watched Mountcastle ABs. I think he will be really good long term. Good approach, good balance, just needs to play every day. I recorded part of the game today for it so when fastforwarding I saw Nunez thrown out at the plate. That was one of the worst sends I've seen. OF had the ball before slow ass Nunez is even at third. 

3 hours ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

I don’t get the fascination with Sulser. Not impressed. Nice comeback win. 

He pitched a clean 9th, with two strikeouts.  Maybe it was OK to let him face the first batter, but should have been pulled for sure after that second walk.  He had totally lost command at that point.

6 hours ago, Hersh said:

I don't get what Hyde is doing sometimes. Why pull Cobb after 80 pitches? Why PR for Nunez in the 8th in a tie game while he is only on first base? That was terrible. 

@Spaceman Spiff I watched Mountcastle ABs. I think he will be really good long term. Good approach, good balance, just needs to play every day. I recorded part of the game today for it so when fastforwarding I saw Nunez thrown out at the plate. That was one of the worst sends I've seen. OF had the ball before slow ass Nunez is even at third. 

Cobb was getting hit pretty hard.  

Mountcastle looks like he's got a decent approach.  I agree, that send was terrible.  

14 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Today's game is suspended.

On another note, if anyone has been hanging out at Orioles Hanogut, apparently its been shut down.  The administrator apparently thinks its OK to shoot unarmed people in the back because they could "potentially be going for a weapon"

I saw. Oof. I guess someone else can fill that vacuum then. 

4 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Today's game is suspended.

On another note, if anyone has been hanging out at Orioles Hanogut, apparently its been shut down.  The administrator apparently thinks its OK to shoot unarmed people in the back because they could "potentially be going for a weapon"

Who said that? Tony the owner of the site? 

^ Thanks. Yeah I just captured the screenshot. Wtf is he talking about?! "Those who want to divide and destroy our country from within." "The leftist mob." This guy really doesn't think it is okay to boycott a game? Geez....clearly he has some issues beyond just being a conservative Republican. Regardless of what you think of the Jacob Blake shooting, he needs to chill and accept that people have different views.

Whoa I didn't see the whole thing. Geez. He really thinks police officers are immune from criticism? Unbelievable. I won't comment on the shooting cuz frankly I haven't read the details, but from seeing it once I think it is clear they could have tackled him at the very least and cuff him, not shoot him in the back. 

Edited by abdcskins
  • Like 1

I really liked the OH, it was a good place to discuss the Orioles.  None of my friends care about them so if I wanted to have a discussion, I'd go there.

Tony's post is dripping with irony.  Instead of wanting to have a place where people can come together and talk about baseball and put differences aside, he just axes the thing indefinitely because he feels like the liberals are taking over.  Much like all the athletes boycotting a game for a day, this move doesn't do anything to help.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I really liked the OH, it was a good place to discuss the Orioles.  None of my friends care about them so if I wanted to have a discussion, I'd go there.

Tony's post is dripping with irony.  Instead of wanting to have a place where people can come together and talk about baseball and put differences aside, he just axes the thing indefinitely because he feels like the liberals are taking over.  Much like all the athletes boycotting a game for a day, this move doesn't do anything to help.

When we traded Bundy, the OH died a little bit.

Long live Cy Bundy, & Cumberbundy, & MuchAdoBoutManny

• Like 1

He's always been a little but of a tyrant, so this isn't that much of a surprise. 

So is he renouncing being an Orioles fan? I don't understand how closing his message board down is effective. Just kind of demonstrates a lack of mental flexibility on his part. Ah well. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

He's always been a little but of a tyrant, so this isn't that much of a surprise. 

So is he renouncing being an Orioles fan? I don't understand how closing his message board down is effective. Just kind of demonstrates a lack of mental flexibility on his part. Ah well. 

Entitlement is an illness few recover from.