Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Plight of the 2021 Baltimore Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

Has anyone been following Dylan Bundy this year?  The guy has totally turned a corner and looks nothing like the pitcher who was seemingly giving up 8 HRs per game during his time with the O's. I'm happy for him, but it's frustrating to see yet another pitcher find his stuff after leaving Baltimore, especially a guy drafted as high as Bundy was.  Is it just a change of scenery?  Better health?  Has he changed his techniques?

6 hours ago, capcrunch98 said:

Has anyone been following Dylan Bundy this year?  The guy has totally turned a corner and looks nothing like the pitcher who was seemingly giving up 8 HRs per game during his time with the O's. I'm happy for him, but it's frustrating to see yet another pitcher find his stuff after leaving Baltimore, especially a guy drafted as high as Bundy was.  Is it just a change of scenery?  Better health?  Has he changed his techniques?

bigger ball parks? Not pitching against the Yanks and Sox 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Is it me or is Gerrit Cole overrated as hell?

Nice to see DJ Stewart with the good game.  I had given up on him.  That second HR was a bomb.

He is way overpaid, but I don’t know if overrated. He’s got nasty stuff 

I’m not gonna judge Akin or Kremer based on rolling through a depleted Yankees lineup but I’m not surprised they are having success. It’s better for the entire organization to see these guys rather than retreads. Puts pressure on Elias and Angelos brothers to stop cutting payroll.

1 hour ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

DH Stewart with another one against Tanaka. You can’t stop him you can only hope to contain him. 😁

Maybe it was the switch from LF to RF.  Or maybe some adjustments he made down in Bowie.

Nice grab by Alberto.  He just one-upped DJ Lemahieu who couldn't make a similar play the inning before.

Edited by DCSaints_fan

10 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Yup. Mountcastle, Hays, Santander, Mullins, DJ, Diaz, Williams, McKenna all on the 40 man right by next season. 

Does Stewart have any options left?  Even if he can't make the 40, doesn't mean he gets traded.  Also someone would have to be willing to give something up for him, if he isn't on the 40 and doesn't have any options, he probably gets outrighted.

51 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Does Stewart have any options left?  Even if he can't make the 40, doesn't mean he gets traded.  Also someone would have to be willing to give something up for him, if he isn't on the 40 and doesn't have any options, he probably gets outrighted.

I could see him getting claimed. Any kinda trade would be two teams trading from depth and not some good prospect exchange.

One way he sticks is if Mancini comes back next season and the O’s trade him at the deadline. They could move Mountcastle to 1st or DH at that point. I’m skeptical DJ is with the O’s long term. 

21 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I could see him getting claimed. Any kinda trade would be two teams trading from depth and not some good prospect exchange.

One way he sticks is if Mancini comes back next season and the O’s trade him at the deadline. They could move Mountcastle to 1st or DH at that point. I’m skeptical DJ is with the O’s long term. 

Yeah DJ seems JAG. Nothing special to his game that I’ve seen.