Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Plight of the 2021 Baltimore Orioles

I really like Santander. The kid's a player. I've been looking for a new favorite player since Adam jones left,, i think it may be  him.

SO, the question is, are we good enough to be doing this..  or is Boston just really bad?

~Bang

5 hours ago, Bang said:

I really like Santander. The kid's a player. I've been looking for a new favorite player since Adam jones left,, i think it may be  him.

SO, the question is, are we good enough to be doing this..  or is Boston just really bad?

~Bang

careful, Elias already tried to trade him in the off-season. It’s just a matter of time. 

• Sad 1
5 hours ago, Bang said:

We ARE bad but got 3 solid+ pitching performances. Boston is playing badly. 

Sale is out till July and ERod is a question mark with his Covid long carrier issues. They’re starting the new season on their 3rd starter. 

IDK if Means is the pacekeeper that becomes the 3 one day with Grayson and Hall or he becomes the Bedard we trade to get closer to relevancy.  

I’m happy for our success. Maybe  with a few more wins they can improve on that 0.0 playoff odds they were given. 

4 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Cedric the Centerfielder 5 for 5 today, 3 doubles 2 singles a and a walk. 

Giving up switch hitting had paid off for him so far. 

I can buy that this series against Boston was a bit of a mirage ... yes we didn't have to face two of their top three pitchers, and we got some gifts from some poor errors on their part which may have been the difference between winning and losing.  But still we beat Eovaldi, and to my knowledge their lineup was totally healthy,. and our defense outside of Severino was soild.  I'm hopeful our rotation isn't going to be complete bums like we've had to endure in the past.  .500 definitely seems doable this year.    I'm not sold on Valdez as closer 

Oh yeah, and the Red Sox active payroll (which means guys not on IL, retained or deferred salaries) is $115m.  For the Orioles its $23m (which doesn't include CD, who'd be almost 50% of the entire payroll if he was on the 25 man)

Edited by DCSaints_fan

You know, I'm really starting to hate MASN.   I can't (legally) stream the Orioles, because I'm in market now and don't subscribe to one of the following networks:

https://www.masnsports.com/masn-news-information/information-regarding-masn-app-and-live-streaming.html

Below are current providers who will be able to authenticate the MASN app starting today (April 1, 2021).

- Armstrong
- Bay Country Communications
- Lumos Networks
- DirecTV[/quote]

Thats it

Edited by DCSaints_fan
11 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Armstrong was a 50-50 check swing away from being out of it. Oof.

That pitch was like he wanted to see how far Stanton could hit it.  

If he was going to throw a meatball, I'd take my chances throwing it to Hicks over Stanton.   Especially in Yankee stadium

Our 5th pitcher against Gerrit Cole.  Not gonna win that matchup too often. Top of bullpen looking mostly competent.

Not ready to throw in the towel on the season just yet.   Means gets his second start tonight.  

Mountcastle whiffs on a fly ball with two outs, nursing a one run lead. 

Valdez doesn’t cover first on a ground ball, trying to keep the game tied. 

Lucky to have this game joust being tied, giving tbem 5 outs! 

• Sad 1

Crazy game in extras, Yankees match our defensive blunders with a blunder of their own, but Os can’t hold lead in the 10th. Sac bunt followed by a bloop single puts the Os back on top 4-3. Bases loaded now for the Os, still only 1 out in the top of the 11th.