Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Plight of the 2021 Baltimore Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

On 7/17/2019 at 11:10 AM, Hersh said:

Saying he was dealing with a 2.34 ERA in 80 percent of his starts is not me saying he's Sandy Koufax. You took it to that extreme. The only point I made was that he wasn't getting his ass kicked. 

I don't put a lot into rankings. People thought the O's reached with G-Rod in the first round last year and now he's considered a top 65 prospect in all of baseball. The guy the O's got back in the Schoop trade, Ortiz, I think he was a top-100 prospect once and he sucks. 

Sandy Koufax, 2.76 ERA.  Baumann, 2.34 ERA when subtracting his bad starts.  So maybe I should have said he's BETTER than Sandy Koufax.  

• Like 1

Nice baserunning sequence by Villar to get over to third, Smith Jr. draws walk and Jace comes through!  7-5 Os

Now 8-5.  Ace of Jace steals 2nd and Alberto drives him in. 

Tanner Scott to try to close it out.

Edited by DCSaints_fan

I never understand how a professional major league hitter cant crush a position player out there just messing around, every single time.  He was out here throwing slow pitch softball, and they're flailing around like he's Nolan Ryan.  lol  They werent even making solid contact.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

I never understand how a professional major league hitter cant crush a position player out there just messing around, every single time.  He was out here throwing slow pitch softball, and they're flailing around like he's Nolan Ryan.  lol  They werent even making solid contact.  

Only thing I can think of is its such a change of pace.  You're used to expecting 90+ mph fastballs, ~85 mph change ups, 80 mph breaking balls, and then all of a sudden a guy starts throwing ducks and it throws you off. 

On the other hand, shouldn't those position players who have "good arms" be able to throw a decent fastball?  Breaking pitches I can understand take technique.   But why doesn't 3B whos used to throwing hard across the diamond, at least be able to hurl one in from the pitchers mound at a decent velocity?