Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Plight of the 2021 Baltimore Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

8 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Givens has a ton of trade value, but not as a closer. Winning organizations will recognize this assuming Hyde doesn’t run him into the ground. 

I don't think he's got a ton of trade value.  A good reliever has got to be able to perform in pressure situations and he's shown that he's not always reliable in that area.

• Like 1

People are going to view Givens through the prism of him being stuck on a train wreck and that he has filthy stuff. 

Also, two games ago Givens had a 2.75 ERA. Granted he had two bad outings but if the catcher actually catches a pop-up a couple games ago, Givens never gives up 4 runs in the outing. 

Edited by Hersh

2 minutes ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

Unreal.  Look like they are trying hard for the #1 pick next year as well.  Mancini looks like he’s playing his way off this train wreck.  I’ll be sad to see him go.

It was a game they probably shouldn't have won. It was a great comeback. But when they bring in Givens in a save situation these days, just chalk it up as a loss. 

As far as Mancini, I don't know if they would trade him. The point of the rebuild is to find good young players and keep them.  Whether Mancini is still around when they are able to get this things turned around is another story. 

Mancini won't be an FA until 2023.  I think it would be jumping the gun trading him.   I don't think we'd get a high return as teams could write off this year as an outlier.   If this performance holds into next year though, and we still look to be years away from contending, AND we got a great offer, I would consider trading him next year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Mancini won't be an FA until 2023.  I think it would be jumping the gun trading him.   I don't think we'd get a high return as teams could write off this year as an outlier.   If this performance holds into next year though, and we still look to be years away from contending, AND we got a great offer, I would consider trading him next year. 

Mancini is a DH, he’s not bringing much back.

1 hour ago, DCSaints_fan said:

He was third in ROY voting two seasons ago. He’d never get a huge return but gotta listen on all players that have less than 6 years of controllable time.

Good to see Bundy has settled down a little.  Going into the season, I wasnt expecting the John Means starts to be the highlight of the week. 

Means is the Rodrigo Lopez on this Os team.  Wasnt expecting much, come to find out he doesnt totally suck.  Rodrigo strung it out for a few years at least. 

• Like 1

I really just want Trumbo and CD to be gone for good. Be really nice to turn that page. Sucks Cobb has been such a mega bust. Would be great to shed that salary but no change until mid-season next year if at all. 

Alright Orioles fans. Gotta random question for you...

My dad used to take us to Memorial Stadium for games when we were kids. We stayed a few times in a dump motel somewhere on the outskirts of the city.  

The place had a restaurant in front of/beside it that had a duck/bird on the sign engulfed in flames. My brother and I affectionately refer to the motel as the Flaming Duck.

Do any of you know the place I’m talking about? If so, is it still there?