Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Plight of the 2021 Baltimore Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

15 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Maybe none of them want to be the first one to give up a hit 

I’m sure that is true. Although the night he set the record, it looked like pitchers were grooving him balls to see if he could hit it. They definitely were pitching smartly to him in the 8th today. And he struck out looking on a nasty pitch that maybe barely caught the corner. 

8 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

Dang. I though Davis had a hit but it was off the handle and just floated into the shift. The funny thing was you could see the look of relief in the pitchers face because I’m sure he thought it was a hit at first too.

That drive had an expected batting average of .970. 970! 

He can’t get a hit on a ball that’s a hit 97% of the time for ****s sake.

13 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Good for Chris. Good game too. Nice win.  As bad as he has been the past few years I know he isn't completely trash. Cheering for the guy 

I missed the game today. I think I’ve watched them all since the record breaker. I’m just glad it’s over with.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Davis with 3 hits. All that’s missing is a vintage crush. 

His power is way down. He jogged like his first double was gonna be gone. Wasn’t even close 

Edited by Hersh

I think it's pretty clear by now that the O's are going to win more than 54 games or whatever Vegas predicted them to have.  These guys play hard.  There are some good hitters in the lineup.  They aren't going to win anything significant this year but they'll compete almost every game.

• Like 1

If they are competitive enough to fight for third, i will be ecstatic./

I do not expect the Red Sox to stay bad, they have too much talent too stay in the fog..   but hopefully Yankee injuries are going to nag them.

Lets go O's! Big series in Tampa!

~Bang

56 minutes ago, Bang said:

If they are competitive enough to fight for third, i will be ecstatic./

I do not expect the Red Sox to stay bad, they have too much talent too stay in the fog..   but hopefully Yankee injuries are going to nag them.

Lets go O's! Big series in Tampa!

~Bang

For the sake of competing for a playoff spot sooner than later I hope the O’s finish in last. 

I agree that it’s likely the Sox get it going and the Yankees will get healthy at some point. Plus, expect the O’s to sell all pending FAs at the deadline if not more players. That will bring the win total down too. 

22 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Now that they're done playing the Yankees and Red Sox a bunch of times, they're up for the real juggernaut.... Tampa Bay! 

I'm not sure how Tampa does it, but they do.  It's still obviously very early but seeing Boston 6.5 games behind them this early in the season is awesome.  If they're still that far back (or hopefully even further back) in a month from now, it'll be officially panic time in Boston.

That said, Tampa is the only team in the division over .500 at 12-4.  We're in 2nd place at 7-10. Having one team in the division over .500 obviously is not going to last but I'm not complaining right now.  If there's one team I don't mind seeing in first place, it's Tampa.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff