Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Don't know about that, but even if true, Roullier played decent Guard, so he could move there, to make room for Long as Center, as an option.

Long was a better C than G according to the coaches, Roullier far better C than Long, and personally I would want a lot better G than Long. 

HTTR 

12 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Though I want them to do nothing this off season to tank.  If they have to make a move, how about this guy.   Big dude and 4.42 speed. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-top-10-free-agent-wide-receivers-in-2019

2. TYRELL WILLIAMS

Cast into a primary role in 2016, Los Angeles Chargers’ Tyrell Williams caught 69-of-111 targets for 1,059 yards and seven touchdowns en route to a 75.6 overall grade. Yet, Keenan Allen’s return from injury and the addition for first-round Clemson product Mike Williams pushed Williams into the backseat in 2017 and 2018. Listed at 6-foot-4, 205 pounds, the soon-to-be 27-year-old Williams should have ample suitors willing to bet on his potential in free agency. 

Always liked the guy but he was boom or bust with Rivers throwing to him...would disappear completely for stretches of the season. Injury issues last year. Depends on how much he would cost. He isn't a #1 guy, but he can stretch the field and go over the middle.

According to Rotoworld he wants #1 WR money...definitely not worth that:

Chargers GM Tom Telesco suggested it may not be "realistic" to re-sign free agent Tyrell Williams.
Williams wants to get paid as a No. 1 receiver this offseason. With Mike Williams coming off a breakout year, it doesn't make sense for the Chargers to get in a bidding war for him. 26-year-old Williams if our fifth-ranked free-agent wideout. Feb 1 - 2:15 PM

4 hours ago, markmills67 said:

Long was a better C than G according to the coaches, Roullier far better C than Long, and personally I would want a lot better G than Long. 

HTTR 

Yeah, I don’t want to weaken one position just to upgrade another position to “decent”...Roullier should stay at center and a serious upgrade at LG should be sought.

10 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Yeah, I don’t want to weaken one position just to upgrade another position to “decent”...Roullier should stay at center and a serious upgrade at LG should be sought.

If we are moving Roullier I would rather do it by drafting Garret Bradbury.

37 minutes ago, dballer said:

Always liked the guy but he was boom or bust with Rivers throwing to him...would disappear completely for stretches of the season. Injury issues last year. Depends on how much he would cost. He isn't a #1 guy, but he can stretch the field and go over the middle.

According to Rotoworld he wants #1 WR money...definitely not worth that:

Chargers GM Tom Telesco suggested it may not be "realistic" to re-sign free agent Tyrell Williams.
Williams wants to get paid as a No. 1 receiver this offseason. With Mike Williams coming off a breakout year, it doesn't make sense for the Chargers to get in a bidding war for him. 26-year-old Williams if our fifth-ranked free-agent wideout. Feb 1 - 2:15 PM

Just because he wants #1 money doesn't mean he gets it.     But actually I hope we don't sign him or anyone else because I don't want them to improve this off season unlike how I felt in previous ones.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just because he wants #1 money doesn't mean he gets it.     But actually I hope we don't sign him or anyone else because I don't want them to improve this off season unlike how I felt in previous ones.

Yeh i get it, but they are going to do everything they can to improve. Gruden and Bruce will be fighting for their jobs (at least I hope they are). So I am going to go forward looking at it from that angle. What would I do to make this team better if?

And to be honest, I am not a blow it up guy in the NFL. I think you can do that in the NBA and MLB, but you don't have to in the NFL. If they end up drafting the "franchise" QB this year, you will have hoped they had gotten every bit of help for him they could. Last thing you want is to roll out a rookie QB that may or may not be ready, with zero weapons and zero help. You don't want the long term solution starting behind the 8-ball. 

27 minutes ago, dballer said:

Yeh i get it, but they are going to do everything they can to improve. Gruden and Bruce will be fighting for their jobs (at least I hope they are). So I am going to go forward looking at it from that angle. What would I do to make this team better if?

And to be honest, I am not a blow it up guy in the NFL. I think you can do that in the NBA and MLB, but you don't have to in the NFL. If they end up drafting the "franchise" QB this year, you will have hoped they had gotten every bit of help for him they could. Last thing you want is to roll out a rookie QB that may or may not be ready, with zero weapons and zero help. You don't want the long term solution starting behind the 8-ball. 

It's not as pronounced as the NBA, I agree with that.  but I don't think the gazillion Vegas outfits that recently did the odds for next season are wildly off with the prediction that they will be the 2nd worst team in the NFL next season.   Teams have had loaded D lines -- see Jets years back -- and stunk anyway because they had a terrible passing game.

I think at #15, they are in about as bad of a situation as it gets at QB with EVERY team that needs a Qb picking ahead of them.  So I am not too worried that they happen to stumble on a franchise QB especially in this depleted draft at said position.  My one disclaimer is if they know they are trading up and are just going to go for it.  In that regard, maybe I'd stack up the roster.

And agree Bruce and Jay are likely fighting for their jobs so I'll likely be dragged along for the ride like it or not for some FA signings.  Bruce seems to have two tacts primarily to FA.  1.  Grab good but not great players and hope they explode -- Zach Brown, Paul Richardson, etc.  2.  Grab a lot of junk and hope to get lucky -- J. Johnson, Reyes, Scandrick, etc.

The first style can work at times, its sort of 50-50.  The 2nd style mostly bombs - the junk primarily ends up junk.  So i am hoping for the later. 

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

is there one available?

1 hour ago, carex said:

is there one available?

That's better than Luauvo? There's 31 other teams, safe to say 3 guards each. Out of 96 guards plus however many incoming rookies, ONE of them will probably not be signed to a team, so yeah, there should be one available lol

14 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Falcons releasing starting CB Robert Alford...

yes, we should. 2nd rounder in 2013. 10 INTs, 88 pass breakups. 

Grab him before FA even starts

Forced to watch Atlanta due to cheap cable, I thought Alford was okay but not exceptional. Depends on the price-tag.

I don’t know what to think of Haha coming back, some days I feel he can contribute and other days I can see Amari Cooper flying by him. Safety is a major issue we need to address, Everett, Apke, Haha, and Nicholson. I would feel alright with Haha and Nicholson but they haven’t played much together. Everett can play back there but special teams is main territory. 

10 minutes ago, max21 said:

I don’t know what to think of Haha coming back, some days I feel he can contribute and other days I can see Amari Cooper flying by him. Safety is a major issue we need to address, Everett, Apke, Haha, and Nicholson. I would feel alright with Haha and Nicholson but they haven’t played much together. Everett can play back there but special teams is main territory. 

Are you wishing for a guy who can run a sub 4.35, has a 41" vertical, and  ball skills of an ex-receiver to keep up with Cooper???  Yeah, we got one of those.

https://www.redskins.com/news/seven-things-we-ve-learned-about-troy-apke

2 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Are you wishing for a guy who can run a sub 4.35, has a 41" vertical, and  ball skills of an ex-receiver to keep up with Cooper???  Yeah, we got one of those.

https://www.redskins.com/news/seven-things-we-ve-learned-about-troy-apke

Not sure if you’re backing Apke here but what I saw from him before Injury was nothing to brag about at all. Dude sucked and couldn’t tackle someone standing still, sure he can develop but I wouldn’t count him as a starter by any stretch. 

Interesting that teams are starting to make cap cuts and we are still sitting tight. I will be amazed if we retain Norman on his current contract. Cant justify that one. Good to see that we are in talks with Scherff and AP.

All quiet on the QB front, only a matter of time before the dominoes start to fall....

56 minutes ago, max21 said:

Not sure if you’re backing Apke here but what I saw from him before Injury was nothing to brag about at all. Dude sucked and couldn’t tackle someone standing still, sure he can develop but I wouldn’t count him as a starter by any stretch. 

Yeah, I love the potential of Apke. In the draft thread, it was mentioned how the Patriot way is to acquire talent and utilize it. I understand that we don't have BB coaching our team, nor has Apke had much time to develop his talent. But for the "blow it up" theorists, they might like to see a guy like Apke get some playing time. I'm looking forward to seeing him grow.

23 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Yeah, I love the potential of Apke. In the draft thread, it was mentioned how the Patriot way is to acquire talent and utilize it. I understand that we don't have BB coaching our team, nor has Apke had much time to develop his talent. But for the "blow it up" theorists, they might like to see a guy like Apke get some playing time. I'm looking forward to seeing him grow.

You could be right, today for some reason I’m not feeling optimistic. He does have the speed but it’s the tackling I’m worried about.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Man, look at this milquetoast argument for bringing Long back lol...

"Now, Long isn't a top-flight offensive lineman by any stretch and he's had some injury issues just like Lauvao, but..."

You almost just stop reading at "but" after that description lol...

"...the 28-year-old is three years younger than Lauvao and he's someone Gruden and Bill Callahan know quite well."

Yes, they know Long quite well and still let him walk. The Jets got to know him quite well and ended up cutting him. This isn't the strongest of arguments to make in his favor.

"In addition, he's coming off of a year where he missed action with hand issues..."

Great. More injuries. Exactly what this injury-plagued team needs lol...as many times as Bruce and the FO have been criticized for relying on players with injury issues, this probbly shouldn't strengthen the argument for bringing Long in.

"...and had major problems with snapping when the Jets used him at center"

So much for making any argument that he could be put in at C and move Roullier to guard (if anyone was making that argument, that is).

"...he could be signed on relatively cheap terms. Relatively cheap terms are something the Burgundy and Gold will be craving over the next few months."

The draft is another "cheap" avenue to find a guard.

"So, if the Redskins want to cross off one item on their to-do list during one of the quieter periods of the NFL calendar, they could do so by bringing Long back."

Signing Long should in no way cross anything off the Redskins' to-do list.

For the record, I'm all for bringing in Long for an incredibly affordable contract where we can cut him without worry should we find a better replacement for Lavauavaouavo...

Archived