Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

I know it's gonna take winning to get fans to come back and that the complete exterior outter circle of fans has completely deteriorated and even a large amount of the core of the "die hards" is starting to crumble..ohhhh I guess just like what svp said about "the foundation" haha.. but I think bringing in Landon Collins would maybe help start.. because ya think dj swearinger brought the d together just watch what lc would do ..Payne Allen and the Greek with lc roaming around in the back field...please get this done Redskins!

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

I keep seeing the skins beeing a place for Landon Collins to come here. I would literally run up and down the street jumping for joy if this happens.

I would too but you're looking at 10+ mil a year. Maybe he'll give a discount by playing for the team he grew up rooting for but at the end of the day it's a business and he'll either go chasing dollars or a legit opportunity to win. Neither seems appealing for us.

Would love to see LC somehow come here, the ST nostalgia still lives on with me for sure.

Another who just, for some reason,  would like to see is Sean Lee if he's done in Dallass.  

He's probably too old and injured,  but whenever we played them I wish he was sitting out. He seemed to dominate,  probably because we weren't good,  but still....am I alone? Bash if you must.

59 minutes ago, teflon don said:

Would love to see LC somehow come here, the ST nostalgia still lives on with me for sure.

Another who just, for some reason,  would like to see is Sean Lee if he's done in Dallass.  

He's probably too old and injured,  but whenever we played them I wish he was sitting out. He seemed to dominate,  probably because we weren't good,  but still....am I alone? Bash if you must.

Your absolutely not alone on the Sean Lee thing... Over the past decade plus each time we play dallass I dreaded two players...witten and Lee...Sean Lee is a good tackler.

The thing about Sean Lee is that he is a coach on the field.  It doesn't make sense for Dallas to pay him a lot due to his injuries and LVE playing at an all pro level.  But, he is a stud...and he brings a lot of positive intangibles even from the sidelines.  Most Cowboys fans I know really wanted him to transfer to a coaching position rather than having him leave the team.

4 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Your absolutely not alone on the Sean Lee thing... Over the past decade plus each time we play dallass I dreaded two players...witten and Lee...Sean Lee is a good tackler.

Fortunately, you only had to have half the dread. Sean Lee was usually on injured reserve for the 2nd half of every season anyway.

If we dump a bunch of our higher contracts, I want us to go all in on paying it to Bridgewater, Lee, and hopefully some other guy who's always injured too. Make them long term contracts too. Age isn't a problem, if 70 year old assistant coaches can walk up and down the sidelines with headsets, Lee and Bridgewater can do just as well in street clothes.

4 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Fortunately, you only had to have half the dread. Sean Lee was usually on injured reserve for the 2nd half of every season anyway.

If we dump a bunch of our higher contracts, I want us to go all in on paying it to Bridgewater, Lee, and hopefully some other guy who's always injured too. Make them long term contracts too. Age isn't a problem, if 70 year old assistant coaches can walk up and down the sidelines with headsets, Lee and Bridgewater can do just as well in street clothes.

I can't tell if your being a smart ass or what...I'm not saying I want Lee on the skins right now..I was agreeing he was good for them..I dreaded playing him.

Another major consideration in free agency has to be the expiring CBA. We only currently have little more than a dozen players potentially contracted in 2021. 

Smith, Moses, Richardson, Reed, McGee on the bigger contracts. Scherff will get added to that list soon. Now you can safely say at least 3 of those players won't be here in 2021. 

Recent times has seen seen a rise in one year deals. Maybe this year we see a greater step up again in 1 and 2 year deals. Not good for teams with limited cap space. I wonder if the teams loaded with space have an obligation to spend big over the next 2 season, in both cap and cash terms. Pretty sure you can't carry dead money into 2021 if that is a year not covered by a CBA/Salary Cap. Fairly sure I've read that it accelerates forwards into 2020 if the new CBA is still unresolved.

I reckon there is a lot more going on in the background that us as fans don't see in advance of the expiring CBA. Maybe that's why we might be happy with a 1/2 year stop gap at QB. Maybe you go for it this year, then clear the decks next and reboot 2021/22, some say a lock out is due. Interesting times.

6 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I can't tell if your being a smart ass or what...I'm not saying I want Lee on the skins right now..I was agreeing he was good for them..I dreaded playing him.

My mistake. When you said "Your absolutely not alone on the Sean Lee thing" to this post.....

16 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

(Don't mind the name in the quote, the forum refuses to correct it.)

I took your agreement with his post about signing Sean Lee to mean that you agreed with signing Sean Lee lol

4 hours ago, NickyJ said:

My mistake. When you said "Your absolutely not alone on the Sean Lee thing" to this post.....

I took your agreement with his post about signing Sean Lee to mean that you agreed with signing Sean Lee lol 

Sean Lee is exactly the kind of guy our TP could go after.

He's good, even great.

He's often injured too.

But he'll probably won't come cheap...

11 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Sean Lee is exactly the kind of guy our TP could go after.

He's good, even great.

He's often injured too.

But he'll probably won't come cheap...

Lee was very good but he is past his good years and I doubt he last past this upcoming year.  Too many concusses and injuries.  I'm thinking 2019 will be his last year playing.

5 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Yep that's my fault I should have been a little more specific that I agreed that he was a thorn in our side..

+ 1 for Landon Collins. I'm fine with letting Crowder walk, feel fairly confident Quinn will easily approach his production in passing game and better him in ST's (not hard to do). 

Landon Collins, D. Fowler and Guard would be my wish list. Let Preston and Jamison hit the market

4 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

+ 1 for Landon Collins. I'm fine with letting Crowder walk, feel fairly confident Quinn will easily approach his production in passing game and better him in ST's (not hard to do). 

Landon Collins, D. Fowler and Guard would be my wish list. Let Preston and Jamison hit the market

Got a feeling that they sign Crowder though.  Seems like the beat reporters for Skins say the Skins are in love with Crowder too much to let him leave.  I agree with your assessments though, Bonez3. :) 

I'm not sure in what way Fowler is better than Preston Smith. He's like Preston Smith with less production and more injury history. No thanks. I would take Landon Collins and Jadaveon Clowney, but neither will probably be leaving their team. 

I can't think of any reason the Giants let Collins go. He signs a contract or he's franchised. 

7 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I'm not sure in what way Fowler is better than Preston Smith. He's like Preston Smith with less production and more injury history. No thanks. I would take Landon Collins and Jadaveon Clowney, but neither will probably be leaving their team. 

I can't think of any reason the Giants let Collins go. He signs a contract or he's franchised. 

Collins would be a prize signing (the one big money signing for us), if he hits the FA market.  Fowler would be the cheaper signing (I think) as Smith will demand much more money than Fowler and Fowler is worth the risk at a lower price than Smith.  

4 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

I like the idea of Collins and Folwer for sure....but Collins will likely get tagged and the Rams won't let Fowler walk after giving up 2 draft picks to get him.

Preston Smith at 9M a year works for me.  Quinn replacing Crowder sounds like a plan too.

9 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I agree about the Smith and Fowler comparison.  I like Clowney as well but he's probably going to double Preston Smith's asking price and I doubt he can double the production...not worth it.  But if Smith walks, I think we are going to be chasing Aaron Lynch and probably re-signing Clinton-Dix.

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

Collins would be a prize signing (the one big money signing for us), if he hits the FA market.  Fowler would be the cheaper signing (I think) as Smith will demand much more money than Fowler and Fowler is worth the risk at a lower price than Smith.  

I hope we stay away from Fowler, and let Preston walk, simply due to the fact that those guys will get big bucks for marginal production.  OLB needs to be filled via draft, either this year or next, due to the ridiculous price of free agent pass rushers.  I hope they don't panic into reaching for one this draft, bc of the number of holes we have to fill, stick to drafting BPA.  If we have to start Ryan Anderson in 2019, so be it, we aren't chasing a title next year anyway.

30 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I hope we stay away from Fowler, and let Preston walk, simply due to the fact that those guys will get big bucks for marginal production.  OLB needs to be filled via draft, either this year or next, due to the ridiculous price of free agent pass rushers.  I hope they don't panic into reaching for one this draft, bc of the number of holes we have to fill, stick to drafting BPA.  If we have to start Ryan Anderson in 2019, so be it, we aren't chasing a title next year anyway.

True but if you can grab Fowler at a reasonable price then do it.  I am all for letting Smith walk along with Crowder, I hope.  I think Quinn will fill in well for Crowder after one shortened season under his belt. 

Archived