Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

On 2/9/2019 at 9:43 AM, goskins10 said:

If anything, Garcon was more a #1 than Jackson. But in reality they were both good #2s. Nothing wrong with that at all. And that's not a knock on either one. Jackson was a one trick pony, but man what a trick! I am not sure I have ever seen anyone who can track a deep ball down like he could. But without Garcon on the field, they could just sit on Jackson and take him out of the game. I true #1 still gets theirs. 

I have been hard on the FO, and rightfully so. But they did a good job of getting Jackson when they could and pairing him with Garcon - even though it was not really their plan. The problem was letting them both go without replacing them properly. I really think Pryor could have been more productive had they kept Garcon. But that's just me. 

This off-season will be interesting. I just hope that in an effort to save his job, Bruce does not sell the house to jump and get a QB = ala Robert. I would invest heavily on the run game and pass rush, mostly meaning the draft but they can get some CAP if they want it even with Alex's contract.  

Garcon was a tier below. He was a try hard guy and maximized his skills. He lacks size, speed, height, and downfield ball skills/red zone. I agree with him being #2 for sure. A slant and hitch guy. Schematically he didn’t appear to impact much for other defenses, most are fine to give up hitches and slants (obviously not situationally— garçon was good on third downs). 

The Shannys I think expected more down field plays from him, why they gave him a nice contract. 

Jackson helps everyone else eat while producing with a limited amount of targets. I know you understand this, but it shouldn’t be undervalued or made out to be 10-15 other guys have done that throughout their careers— impact defensive schemes and open opportunities for teammates. 

17 hours ago, HigSkin said:

I kind of disagree with this because it's a strong FA market and lots of edge competition this year.   Demarcus Lawrence, Frank Clark, Trey Flowers, Ziggy Ansah, Shaq Barrett, Dante Fowler, Aaron Lync and likely tags on Clowney/Ford.

I would prefer they pursue Fowler if they go that route looking for a good edge rusher in FA.

I keep mentioning ZaDarius Smith from the Ravens. Underrated guy hitting FA.

Ravens also have CJ Mosley as an impending FA i think, although I believe they will seriously work to get him back.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001017657/article/roundup-buccaneers-release-de-vinny-curry

Bucs releasing Vinny Curry.... I believe there was interest from us last year before the Bucs picked him up.

His play declined this year but not sure if that's due to the ankle injury.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001017653/article/texans-expected-to-release-wr-demaryius-thomas

Texans expected to release Demaryius Thomas

Not sure he'll even be healthy to start the season and he'll be 32. Torn achilles in week 16

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Antonio Brown also declaring he is formally done in PITT. Who is going to go all in on him?

A team like Indy should but I doubt Pitts trades him within the conference so I'm predicting a team like Carolina or perhaps Arizona gives up their 2nd rounder, which is essentially a first.

Give me D. Fowler over Preston Smith. Fowler definitely flashed 2nd half of season. He has that speed to cover in the pass game and I think would be an upgrade to Smith and nice, younger counter piece for Kerrigan. The price range probably not that far apart between the 2

Reading the details I don't see Antonio Brown actually getting out of Pitt at all.  He has 3 years left on his deal and if they trade him they are still stuck with a dead cap hit of around $20 million.  I am not letting my best offensive player leave and kissing goodbye to all of that cap space unless you really blow me away with an offer, likely multiple 1st round picks to offset the cap damage.  Who is going to give up that kind of haul for a soon to be 31 year old player?

3 hours ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

49ers letting Garcon walk.  Could be a decent veteran presence to help the WR group, especially if we do end up with a rookie QB.  Would not want to pay too much though after a couple of very down years in SF.

49ers could be all over Antonio Brown I reckon

12 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Garçon and Jackson could end up free agents. Pick them both up

No thanks to Garçon. Should never have let Jackson go.

10 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

49ers could be all over Antonio Brown I reckon

No thanks to Garçon. Should never have let Jackson go.

I agree 100%. Was half joking. Garçon appear to be toast. Would 100% be open to Jackson returning

On 2/13/2019 at 7:13 AM, WelshSkinsFan said:

Reading the details I don't see Antonio Brown actually getting out of Pitt at all.  He has 3 years left on his deal and if they trade him they are still stuck with a dead cap hit of around $20 million.  I am not letting my best offensive player leave and kissing goodbye to all of that cap space unless you really blow me away with an offer, likely multiple 1st round picks to offset the cap damage.  Who is going to give up that kind of haul for a soon to be 31 year old player?

He's a distraction and a locker room cancer, who has missed a bunch of practices, been late or no-showed, etc. He's thrown his teammates and coaches under the bus. If I was Pittsburgh management, I'd be sick of his **** and get rid of him. They will trade him and eat the dead cap, because he's a distraction and honestly, if they didn't trade him, he could pull the same thing Bell did and sit out a year. Might as well get a first or second rounder for him if you can and move on from the headache.

59 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

He's a distraction and a locker room cancer, who has missed a bunch of practices, been late or no-showed, etc. He's thrown his teammates and coaches under the bus. If I was Pittsburgh management, I'd be sick of his **** and get rid of him. They will trade him and eat the dead cap, because he's a distraction and honestly, if they didn't trade him, he could pull the same thing Bell did and sit out a year. Might as well get a first or second rounder for him if you can and move on from the headache.

Agreed. Brown is sitting out unless traded. Never playing for Pittsburgh again.

Archived