Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Why would you guys give up a second for a guy that didn't have a good year, that seems full of attitude (not confidence) and the Cardinals gave up on after half a year? How about we keep our 2nd and offer them a 5th. If they bite, great. If they don't..well we can go 7 -9 with or without Rosen.

Because you can't teach talent and he's oozing with it. Look at the team he was on. The issue was always he wasn't ready yet for the NFL and why AZ thought it was a good ideate throw him into the wolves with that team is beyond me. I'd rather a QB with confidence than one that's completely rattled after last year's debacle. 

Also, Arizona isn't giving up on him so much as a new coach who wants his guy. 

11 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

There's also Tyrell Williams and Adam Humphries who should be cheaper.

Williams seems to think he's a #1 WR so he's gonna think he deserves #1 WR money. He won't be cheap.

9 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Must be getting near time when we hear who our Redskins are going to cut, I'm hoping Norman, Brown, Davis, Foster and McGee are 5 I would release and save about 25m cap space as well. 

HTTR 

Of those, the order in which I'd most want to see them cut, from most interested to least, would be :

McGee

Foster

Davis

Norman

Brown

21 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Of those, the order in which I'd most want to see them cut, from most interested to least, would be :

McGee

Foster

Davis

Norman

Brown

I personally wouldn't miss any of the above, with some of the Cap Space I would go after Collins (NYG), and if we can get Bridgewater for a cheapish deal I would get him to. Although I wouldn't be to bothered if we went the McCoy and Johnson route. Just no new QB over McCoy's 3m cap figure. 

HTTR 

26 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

McGee

Foster

Davis

Norman

Brown

Norman would be my first choice to be cut, his play does not add up to his cap figure. And he uses his mouth to much for my liking. 

HTTR 

I see a lot of commentary about Murray to the Cards at number 1 but if that happens I don't think it is a slam dunk that they trade Rosen.  It may be unconventional but with both QBs on rookie contracts it would be cheaper than Murray and a veteran and they would just be doubling their chances to find their franchise guy.  I would at least think it would take a high 1st round pick to get Rosen in those circumstances, anything less would be malpractice by the Cards front office.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Golden Tate will be a UFA.

I don't know if we can afford him along with the other moves we may make, but he would make a great addition at WR.

There's also Tyrell Williams and Adam Humphries who should be cheaper.

Devin Funchess would be my choice if we had plenty of cap space, but not sure he's best use of 8mil p/y, then draft a more dynamic WR to the group. Let Crowder walk, but Jay won't have that.

5 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

I see a lot of commentary about Murray to the Cards at number 1 but if that happens I don't think it is a slam dunk that they trade Rosen.  It may be unconventional but with both QBs on rookie contracts it would be cheaper than Murray and a veteran and they would just be doubling their chances to find their franchise guy. 

I agree

11 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

I see a lot of commentary about Murray to the Cards at number 1 but if that happens I don't think it is a slam dunk that they trade Rosen.  It may be unconventional but with both QBs on rookie contracts it would be cheaper than Murray and a veteran and they would just be doubling their chances to find their franchise guy.  I would at least think it would take a high 1st round pick to get Rosen in those circumstances, anything less would be malpractice by the Cards front office.

I disagree completely. You'll never find your guy if you have two essentially rookies who won't get proper reps or game time with the ones. By the time you have some semblance of knowing it'll be two years down the road where you'll have to decide whether or not to pay the 5th year option on Rosen. Also, that's also banking on the idea that one of them will eventually be a bust and a waste of a high first. Not to mention you're essentially spending ANOTHER first on a QB - first round QBs in back to back years is unheard of. 

This is EXACTLY why you bring in a veteran QB. Bringing in a rookie to replace another rookie isn't good for anyone. 

If they bring in Murray he is number 1 but Rosen is cheap and under team control for 3 more years and can still be developed a la Kirk Cousins in case Murray flames out.  Why pay a veteran to be the backup unless you get a really good offer for Rosen?  Someone suggested offering a 5th for him and that is just nonsense, no way would Arizona trade him for less than a 1st at this point even if Murray is on the roster.

2 hours ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

If they bring in Murray he is number 1 but Rosen is cheap and under team control for 3 more years and can still be developed a la Kirk Cousins in case Murray flames out.  Why pay a veteran to be the backup unless you get a really good offer for Rosen?  Someone suggested offering a 5th for him and that is just nonsense, no way would Arizona trade him for less than a 1st at this point even if Murray is on the roster.

Granted if the best offer is a 5th then yes you keep him, but spending a top 13 pick as essentially a backup who will only see mop-up duty or injury time is a massive waste. Even a third or fourth could bring the potential of a starting player. 

No ideas who this guy is or this site, of what they mean by "favorites", but it's on the internets so it has to be valid, right? lol...

Free agency favorites for each NFC East team

We look at each NFC East team's roster holes and attempt to identify free agency target favorites for everybody in the division.

Washington Redskins

Browns QB Tyrod Taylor
Saints QB Teddy Bridgewater
Broncos EDGE Shaq Barrett

The Redskins were in the thick of playoff contention until Alex Smith suffered a compound leg fracture in December. Now they have a mess to sort through at quarterback with no way of getting Smith's contract off the books.

With a projected $20 million in cap space available and the potential to free up more money elsewhere, the Redskins could be serious players for Nick Foles, Joe Flacco or Ryan Tannehill (if they becomes available) but that would mean they have an obscene amount of cap space tied up in the position. So look for them to find a player they think can bridge them back to Alex Smith in the interim and Tyrod Taylor or Teddy Bridgewater make sense.

The Redskins would also love an edge rusher to pair with Ryan Kerrigan to improve their pass rush and Shaq Barrett would be an extremely savvy addition. Barrett has been an effective edge rusher for the Broncos for years now, he's just been buried behind Von Miller, DeMarcus Ware (before retirement) and now Bradley Chubb. He could be a star in the right setting at a relative bargain price.

https://www.sportsline.com/insiders/50643717/free-agency-favorites-for-each-nfc-east-team/?ttag=splnnlheadline302212019

Whatever way to get a young cheap arm in the QB room is a good move. I like the idea of giving Cards a 2nd and maybe some middle of draft compensation coming from Cards in form of swaps or trades. 

Rosen has great arm talent and made some impressive throws last year playing for the leagues worst team. On offense that was similar to Goff with Fisher. 

Getting a young QB on his rookie deal and the added benefit of guarantees being accelerated and eaten by Cards is tremendous value. 

Get talented youth in the QB room. With that said, I want Murray. 

1 hour ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Unrealistic. Bridgewater alone, will fetch $18M + 

From who? It's not even clear he'd get a starting job. There appears to be only 3 teams definitely in the market for a starter, Washington, Miami, and Jacksonville. Some more could enter the fray (NY Giants? Cincinnati?), though that would almost certainly push more free agent options out there. I'd imagine a guy like Foles would nab one of those starting jobs, but teams could easily choose a Tannehill or Keenum or Tyrod Taylor or rookie draft pick over any of those options

15 hours ago, markmills67 said:

What type of deals would we be looking at to sign Bridgewater and Adrian Peterson. 

HTTR 

Bridgewater 8-10mil per year would by my guess. I think AP will be asking for 4-5mil per year over 3 years.

I am expecting AP sign around the same time we extend Scherff. The cap impact of those two moves should broadly offset in 2019 which is a good thing.

4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Bridgewater 8-10mil per year would by my guess. I think AP will be asking for 4-5mil per year over 3 years.

I am expecting AP sign around the same time we extend Scherff. The cap impact of those two moves should broadly offset in 2019 which is a good thing.

Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near either player at that price, go with who we have at QB and RB if they want that much. Although let's see who we release first then although I would like them a little lower them numbers could work. 

HTTR 

Don't really understand the allure of Peterson on a 3 year deal. Many people thought he was washed up before last season. Turns out he was not, but when the cliff comes, it tends to come fast. You really have to take it year to year with him at this point. Not to mention the fact that the RB market is pretty soft, so not sure it would take much to get anyone on a one year deal (and seems less of a priority for Washington with Guice coming back). Peterson was great for the team last year, but the NFL can be a harsh business sometimes and it seems Peterson may see that side of things again.

As for QB, I think you look to offer an incentive laden deal to a few guys and see who takes it first. Between the likely cuts (Keenum, Tannehill, Bortles) and the free agents (Foles, Bridgewater, Taylor), you have way too many QBs for too few starting jobs. Someone would likely take a low base salary (maybe $5 million) with a plethora of easily earnable incentives just to get a bona fide opportunity to start and potentially cash in in 2020. Since none of these guys are likely long term answers, you take a passable one on a short deal.

Archived