Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, volsmet said:

I have more than one family member who has, or is currently, running the cap for NFL football teams. Little did I know, their jobs were meaningless. The cap is largely meaningless.

The things I pick up here rarely cease to amaze. 

The cap is only meaningless if you have an owner who's willing to put his money there in place of the cap.   You still have the cap obviously.   You can't do a big free agency spend every year.   But you can do one and then recycle with a soft off season.   We have largely been a quiet team in free agency with Allen and always so with Gruden.   I was surprised we were willing to essentially go all in this year, but we are.   I suspect it won't go exactly as planned and the recycle will come super hard for us, but, one can always dream :).

2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Agreed, I am not thrilled with the move, and I am not defending overpaying for a player to try and get the fanbase off their back due to years of mismanagement.  It only puts us in a worse situation in the long run.   

The fact that his strength is v the run is not ideal in a pass happy league, though it must feel like a larger need in a division with Barkley & Elliot. Everyone knew Washington was going to go hard this offseason, I hoped that this is a move they’d avoid — those who care for more analytical analysis are not high on Collins at all. Such is football life in the DMV.

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

Its damn costly but I like the way parts of our D is shaping up.  If we can get some more pressure from the ends this Defense....

Almost like not waiving DJ & still having all of that dough. 

19 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

6 year deal to spears the opening year cap hit. Back to the old days :806:

Not really. Collins is only 25 years old. We should be getting all of his prime years out of him. Yes. It is expensive. But this isnt signing some 31 year old worn out vet.

1 minute ago, volsmet said:

The fact that his strength is v the run is not ideal in a pass happy league, though it must feel like a larger need in a division with Barkley & Elliot. Everyone knew Washington was going to go hard this offseason, I hoped that this is a move they’d avoid — those who care for more analytical analysis are not high on Collins at all. Such is football life in the DMV.

He's actually good at all plays coming down hill... even the pass game.  I think he's very VERY good in the intermediate passing game where he can prowl.  He's NOT nearly as good in man to man coverage vs Slot / TEs.  If he can play a true down hill game, even in the pass game, it'll be where he excels..  

3 minutes ago, Art said:

The cap is only meaningless if you have an owner who's willing to put his money there in place of the cap.   You still have the cap obviously.   You can't do a big free agency spend every year.   But you can do one and then recycle with a soft off season.   We have largely been a quiet team in free agency with Allen and always so with Gruden.   I was surprised we were willing to essentially go all in this year, but we are.   I suspect it won't go exactly as planned and the recycle will come super hard for us, but, one can always dream :).

If the cap is meaningless if owners who do that, why have a cap.  I mean, isnt the NFL rigged so you can be drunk 365 days a year and still make a ton o f money?  So why not get everyone and build an all star team

Don’t really like this move, I think they overpaid for a Safety, I’m really concerned about the garbage heap that is the receiving corps, hopefully this doesn’t put Reed as a cap casualty, losing him and Crowder might give this team the WORST receiving corps in NFL history. Also what does this do to the cap? The one good thing from this is that Manusky should be out of excuses if his D underperforms with all the cash spent on it, Manusky should be in the unemployment line

2 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Cap is meaningless in the sense that you can spend over the limit and structure the deals to fit the cap whilst on the flip you have teams like the Bucs who basically underspend every year because the Glazers are cheap.  

Interesting.

2 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Cap is meaningless in the sense that you can spend over the limit and structure the deals to fit the cap whilst on the flip you have teams like the Bucs who basically underspend every year because the Glazers are cheap.  

Don't the Bucs have the least amount of cap space..something like $2 MiL? 

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

So we got Collins and Scherff.. if I remember correctly we were high on Collins and the Giants wanted Scherff .. we all know what happened in that draft 4 years later we have both 😁😀😁😀😀😁😀😀😀

We need to resign Scherff... like yesterday. 

Archived