Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

It seems like a bit of a tangent to spend too much time predicting what would have happened in the game if Alex Smith played against Dallas in the second game last year.  I know I'm not interested in making bold proclamations about what would have happened in the first game between Dallas and the Skins if the Cowboys had traded for Amari Cooper earlier in the year.  We won't know, Cowboys vs Redskins games tend to be competitive close games regardless of the rosters.  I think that we can all agree that it is unlikely that Alex Smith will play against Dallas this year.  My prediction is that the Cowboys and Redskins games next year will also be close games that where the outcomes would change if you changed a few important plays or players.

1 hour ago, Bonez3 said:

The 2 moves I don't care for is AP and DRC. Neither of those are truly needed and frankly could have filled with late round or even unsigned rookies. With a health Guide and CP, we really don't need an aged RB (and I love what AP did last year). We're just very unlikely to win this year. DRC as a free safety... great for 1 or 2 years and thats far from guaranteed. I think we could have trimmed some fat with these moves

unless you're trying to tank the season I dont agree... AP was a beast last year and carried the team.. are you telling me that a low round rookie will have the same level of production? ..and nobody knows what we have in Guice but with both, RBs become a strength. DRC as a backup corner is not a bad get.. last year Skins were trotting out 7th rounders as starters at CB... DRC should be better than those and cheap anyways. You cant make a full team of just rookies.. you need vet leadership and Norman might still get cut/ traded depending on how the draft goes.

5 minutes ago, oraphus said:

unless you're trying to tank the season I dont agree... AP was a beast last year and carried the team.. are you telling me that a low round rookie will have the same level of production? ..and nobody knows what we have in Guice but with both, RBs become a strength. DRC as a backup corner is not a bad get.. last year Skins were trotting out 7th rounders as starters at CB... DRC should be better than those and cheap anyways. You cant make a full team of just rookies.. you need vet leadership and Norman might still get cut/ traded depending on how the draft goes.

DRC doesn't have any guaranteed money in his contract, right?...If not, there's zero reason to dislike bringing him in.

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

He doesnt turn the ball over but doesnt score points either 10 tds in 9 games is pathetic im sorry but im not about the auto losing vs teams with a decent offense, we stood no chance vs the saints nor the falcons....and he was present and suited up for both those games. 

He's a top 10 QB when the team is ahead and a bottom 5 QB when the team is behind.

2 hours ago, Cskin said:

I notice he "catches" a lot of D-Lineman and his instinct is to put his hands outside on their shoulder pads.  That's holding in the NFL.  He's going to have to be broken down and rebuilt by Callahan in order to even be serviceable for the Redskins.  Tall order.  In addition, there are interior lineman that are technically ready to play RIGHT NOW in this draft.  I pray Skins draft one, along with a Tackle project with upside, and jettison Flowers before the season starts.  

I'd bet a lot of money you never would have mentioned his hands had you not already seen posts regarding his hands.

1 hour ago, oraphus said:

To piggyback on your post, the other benefit of AP is the work ethic he possesses.  He can show Guice how to be a pro.

1 hour ago, Master Blaster said:

I'd bet a lot of money you never would have mentioned his hands had you not already seen posts regarding his hands.

And you'd be lighter in the wallet Master Blabber.  I've been watching football for 45 years and have a pretty good grasp of what identifies as good technique vs. bad technique.  It's why I used the term "catching".. because that's what Flowers is doing. 

"To piggyback on your post, the other benefit of AP is the work ethic he possesses.  He can show Guice how to be a pro."

Which National NFL personality did you get this from?  Kay Adams?

40 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

She's Hot...as a full blooded American Man, I shall defend her to the death!

I will say, there are some pictures and gifs that make me question the wisdom of rule 11.  I would be ok having to scroll past that one several times in a thread.  But... I understand the need to have rules... and I trust @TK to make the decisions that are best for the user experience here.   

11 minutes ago, Nerm said:

I will say, there are some pictures and gifs that make me question the wisdom of rule 11.  I would be ok having to scroll past that one several times in a thread.  But... I understand the need to have rules... and I trust @TK to make the decisions that are best for the user experience here.   

giphy.gif

cowboys_suck.gif.45b8a25b11532e5c45b831ece2326afa.gif:dallas_sucks:

4 hours ago, oraphus said:

DRC won't (can't, if he does than you can make an argument about tanking) play corner... AP won't get much more than 100 carries if Guice stays healthy

3 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

AP won't get more than 100 carries if Guice stays healthy

Since the Skins avg over 400 rushing carries a year that's completely wrong.  CT gets an avg of 50 carries a year.  So the rookie coming off the ACL tear and multiple surgeries for infections and complications would limit the guy who carried the ball over 250 times last year and ran for over 1,000...plus they're paying him 4M.  At 100 carries that's $40,000 per carry LMAO!! Noway.  I'll take the over bet on that one ALL DAY.

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

The 2 moves I don't care for is AP and DRC. Neither of those are truly needed and frankly could have filled with late round or even unsigned rookies. With a health Guide and CP, we really don't need an aged RB (and I love what AP did last year). We're just very unlikely to win this year. DRC as a free safety... great for 1 or 2 years and thats far from guaranteed. I think we could have trimmed some fat with these moves

Guice and CP's NFL careers don't really have a great track record of health or durability.

4 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

Any talk of WR in FA is ludicrous... We don't have a QB.

Now, take that to the draft thread and it's worth entertaining.

I actually like the Flowers signing in regards to things we could be doing and should be doing in FA. Land a very young project with prior top 1-2 round grade. Little risk, high ceiling. Landing a solid cheap vet G for very cheap would be on the other end of that prudent spectrum.

Going for a 5-8 mil dollar WR is pointless. 

Case Keenum has shown he can be good with good WRs

anyway, why not try to have someone in house while a new QB learns

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

Guice and CP's NFL careers don't really have a great track record of health or durability.

It's a fact that Guice hurt his Left Knee and missed half the season at LSU.  I'd say the chances are he had a pre-existing partial tear from that. Who knows for sure but they did hide the injury details.  Odds are he wasn't going to last long anyway.   Here's the only article I could find about it.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_1627b6aa-ad4d-11e7-b504-dff38ee30e17.html

Specifics of the injury or injuries have not been revealed, but the junior and preseason All-American appeared to hurt his left knee late in the third quarter at Mississippi State. Before last week’s game, he had missed about half of the first five games.

4 hours ago, Cskin said:

And you'd be lighter in the wallet Master Blabber.  I've been watching football for 45 years and have a pretty good grasp of what identifies as good technique vs. bad technique.  It's why I used the term "catching".. because that's what Flowers is doing. 

"To piggyback on your post, the other benefit of AP is the work ethic he possesses.  He can show Guice how to be a pro."

Which National NFL personality did you get this from?  Kay Adams?

LOL you’re so mad 

2 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Because he wants to be a TE. 

In that case, I think we can turn him into something even better than a TE. Let's make him an "offensive weapon", like Taysom Hill. Nothing like a 285 pound receiver doing an end around!

Archived