Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

Dianna Russini tweeted that GB was in play and trying to make moves to get AB but Buffalo won out.  It makes me wonder if GB might have offered something better but the Steelers wanted to send him to Buffalo instead. 

1 hour ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Hearing that AB trade to Buffalo is fake news........

NFL.com reporting it now. 

This would be hilarious if true. Going from a perennial playoff contender with a potential HOF QB to a frozen mediocre wasteland with limited talent and a raw, unproven QB. 

7 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

NFL.com reporting it now. 

This would be hilarious if true. Going from a perennial playoff contender with a potential HOF QB to a frozen mediocre wasteland with limited talent and a raw, unproven QB. 

I mean, you wonder if he's aware enough of where he could end up when he starts something like this. I mean, not many real title contenders are gonna be in the market for someone like him, and the Steelers don't want to trade him where it could haunt them anyway.

In actuality, going to the dysfunctional Redskins to catch passes from Coltase McKeenoy is one of the better options for him.

Unless he doesn't even care, he just wants to sucker someone into giving him more money.

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ian is probably the most wrong national reporter as to this kind of stuff

You ain't kidding lol...

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter

Bills’ GM Brandon Beane: “We inquired about Antonio Brown on Tuesday, and kept talks open with the Steelers. We had positive discussions, but ultimately it didn’t make sense for either side. As great a player as Antonio Brown is, we have moved on and our focus is on free agency.”

If you guys were watching GMF this is hilarious.  Rapoport goes at the start of the show, deal agreed to and the only thing is Brown needs to agree to it himself -- needs to show up to their building, etc.  The crew then all talk about it pumped up about the idea.  Then Rapoprt comes back on and says the Bills are officially out saying they don't like the uncertainty of whether Brown reports.  

Schefter is still the man with this stuff. Breer is pretty good too.  Rapoport is a train wreck.  Remember on draft day 2 years ago he said in the middle of the draft that the Redskins traded Cousins to Cleveland.  

And as for the Raiders being a stealth team as he mentioned.  Since when?  The Raiders have been all over the media if anything as the front runner for Brown. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Schefter is still the man with this stuff. Breer is pretty good too.  Rapoport is a train wreck.  Remember on draft day 2 years ago he said in the middle of the draft that the Redskins traded Cousins to Cleveland.  

And as for the Raiders being a stealth team as he mentioned.  Since when?  The Raiders have been all over the media if anything as the front runner for Brown. 

Was he also the one who said a three-way trade was brewing between the Skins, 49ers and Cowboys...where the Skins gave up their 1st for Romo or some ****? lol...

Rapoport's credibility right now:

ballface_medium.gif

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Was he also the one who said a three-way trade was brewing between the Skins, 49ers and Cowboys...where the Skins gave up their 1st for Romo or some ****? lol...

Rapoport's credibility right now:

ballface_medium.gif

Could have been.  That was him or Cole if I recall.  I know he got one other rumor about the Redskins grossly off and he become the butt of jokes for awhile on DC talk radio.  Am trying to recall what the other one was. 

The funny thing is the way he covered himself is by insinuating that Brown won't play for the Bills.  If that isn't true, if I were Antonio's agent I'd go nuts because it amps up the idea that he's a diva.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Could have been.  That was him or Cole if I recall.  I know he got one other rumor about the Redskins grossly off and he become the butt of jokes for awhile on DC talk radio.  Am trying to recall what the other one was. 

The funny thing is the way he covered himself is by insinuating that Brown won't play for the Bills.  If that isn't true, if I were Antonio's agent I'd go nuts because it amps up the idea that he's a diva.

Yeah, Cole's another one who gets stuff ridiculously wrong lol...if I were advising Rapoport right now, I'd tell him to stop trying to cover his ass via tweets and just say "Looks like the info I was given wasn't as accurate as I thought. It happens." and move on.

4 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Ya ever get the impression that people in the league might just try and feed Rap any ole BS they can come up with just to see if he'll go say it on air?

I know I would........

The problem with him is anyone can get away with saying they've heard, maybe, rumors are, etc.  But he flat out reports things have happened which actually haven't happened.  I heard Schefter once talk about it on air.  He said even to throw out rumors are such and such he wants typically 3 sources -- let alone reporting something.  When you switch gears from throwing out gossip to actually saying something went down -- then you better be right. 

Archived