Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

Finlay just talked about it some, he thinks its unlikely as for Collins but that's him speculating versus saying that's what he heard. 

5 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Guess we should remember that we only have a reported approx 16mil in cap space. In reality that means we've only got 8-10 we'd want to utilise now. Collins would easily eat away 2/3rds of that.

So, we simply have to make some roster/contract moves. I'd suggest at least two players on significant contracts will need to be moved on, either cut or traded, or we see a raft of contract restructures. 

Dont see how we can retain all of Norman,Reed, Z Brown, Davis, Kerrigan on their current money.

Zach Brown and Vernon would open up cap room if released.  But for me my approach to FA is I'd rather have 1-2 marquee players versus 4-5 players who ultimately tend to just add up to being just guys.  So I wouldn't really care if this signing precludes them signing multiple guys -- if there version of multiple guys is same old same old.  I don't like to use FA to fill multiple holes with "bargain basement" veterans.  I'd rather use draft picks on that or even UDFA.  This team lacks marquee players.  Landon is a marquee player.   So am with you on finding a way to make it work.  Doubt they do it but that's a seperate topic. 

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Guess we should remember that we only have a reported approx 16mil in cap space. In reality that means we've only got 8-10 we'd want to utilise now. Collins would easily eat away 2/3rds of that.

So, we simply have to make some roster/contract moves. I'd suggest at least two players on significant contracts will need to be moved on, either cut or traded, or we see a raft of contract restructures. 

Dont see how we can retain all of Norman,Reed, Z Brown, Davis, Kerrigan on their current money.

I would release everyone on your list apart from Kerrigan.  Free's up around 24m cap space. 

HTTR 

8 minutes ago, redrobert said:

Love seeing all of these potential options we will have in Free Agency. My biggest concern is considering the state of our beloved Franchise, who would want to play for us if the Money is close?

Trade for Rosen and AB then see how that conversation changes.

All kinds of talent being released by teams already. Rams releasing Mark Barron. You have CJ Mosley about to hit the market as well. A TON of LB's and safeties available this off season. It is a good market for LG as well. All positions of need for us. We should be shopping this year.

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Personally if it’s me I’m either trying to get a combination of Mathieu and Cyprien from TN or Collins and Weddle. In either combination you’re getting a big name elite big money player and a 2nd tier less money player. I’m not touching Earl Thomas 

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Saw a tweet where Ravens will make a strong push for Mathieu.  Make sense now that they've released Weddle.  I think Weddle on a 2 year deal would be sweet.  He wouldn't have to move far.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Different style of blocking I agree.  I think Hernandez who they took last year is a future pro bowler.  Solder is just OK and they overpaid for him. 

Some would argue its easier to overcome a porous O line with a mobile QB.  Actually it was one of the arguments the beat guys kept saying about J. Johnson when he played after our O line got ravaged last year.

PFF had the Giants O line ranked 21st, we were 19th -- granted all the injuries had much to do with our mediocre ranking.   The Giants spent most of the early picks last year on D line or O line.   They have extra picks in this draft.  I'd like to think their O line will be bad for a long time but it might not go down that way. 

I think it's harder or easier depends on the scheme and the linemen. Obviously some are more mobile and agile while others are just unmovable mountains. In terms of what's easier, it also depends on how often the plays are designed qb draws or RPOs.

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Saw a tweet where Ravens will make a strong push for Mathieu.  Make sense now that they've released Weddle.  I think Weddle on a 2 year deal would be sweet.  He wouldn't have to move far.

If the Ravens released Weddle then the Redskins wouldn't have to give up a comp pick.  If they are looking to load up on more comp picks.

5 hours ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Hi all. You DO NOT WANT L Collins at big money. He CANNOT cover to save his a-s. He can't cover backs or tight ends. He is good at the los but other than that he is a waste. Do you think the nats are letting him go because he is great? Add the fact he has been on IR the last 2 yrs and has not finished both seasons.

Hmmm......thoughts anyone?

1 hour ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Hmmm......thoughts anyone?

Get Eric Weddle, smartest Safety out there, makes the entire secondary better as he's a fantastic coach on the field and he knows how to position guys to make plays, he was a huge reason baltimore's secondary was a beast last year.. These Landon Collins fan boys need to quit trying to find ST replacement already,  your embarrassing the rest of us skins fans. It ain't happening..

3 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Get Eric Weddle, smartest Safety out there, makes the entire secondary better. These Landon Collins fan boys need to quit trying to find ST replacement already,  your embarrassing the rest of us skins fans. It ain't happening..

Stop it. Part of being a fan is desiring to see your team return to its glory days. MMMAny of us wanted to see Collins here when he entered the draft, and are honored that he chose to wear the number of his idol.  ST did not walk on water, but for a magical year or two he won over the hearts of almost all of us. We liked his swagger and his intimidating style. Collins may not be ST, but If it costs $9-11M a year to see some of that return to FedEx field, you can sign this fanboy up.

4 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Stop it. Part of being a fan is desiring to see your team return to its glory days. MMMAny of us wanted to see Collins here when he entered the draft, and are honored that he chose to wear the number of his idol.  ST did not walk on water, but for a magical year or two he won over the hearts of almost all of us. We liked his swagger and his intimidating style. Collins may not be ST, but If it costs $9-11M a year to see some of that return to FedEx field, you can sign this fanboy up.

You sound like the Rooney's in '83 when they drafted Gabriel Rivera when Dan Marino was on the board because they wanted bring back the steel curtain and relive the old days... 

Eric Weddle the mid-30 year old safety? Yes how about no. We need young guys with potential who can grow with us and be here when we hopefully get good. Guys like Weddle will not be around by the time we are capable.

Archived