Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VA Governor Ralph Northam Got Some Explaining to Do

Bozo the kKklown

Gotta be tough for his political opponents. Do nothing and you are once again making clear that you are cool with this kind of thing. Call for his resignation and you are helping to elevate a black person (who seriously might be a superstar) to governor. 

decisions decisions. 

I’ll restate what I said 5 minutes after this broke, he needs to resign. This is not difficult. It’s unfortunate, but it’s not difficult. 

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

First he’s a baby killer, now he’s a blatant racist.  It’s been a tough week for Northam.

Gotta love the knee-jerk reactions though.  Real top notch stuff.  Don’t let him defend himself or try and explain, just call

for his head.  Swift and merciless.

Going out on a limb and saying supporting the right to have a late term abortion due to extenuating medical circumstances is more defensible than blackface (coonman is tall).

9 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

The "coonman" nickname from his VMI yearbook isn't going to help.

To be fair, nobody gets to pick their nickname. 

I’ll also state this carefully. VMI is a different school. It has a lot of great qualities and a lot of good people, and good friends of mine, have come through there. It also has an undenialbly racist history that permeates to this day. #complicated. 

16 minutes ago, Springfield said:

First he’s a baby killer, now he’s a blatant racist.  It’s been a tough week for Northam.

Gotta love the knee-jerk reactions though.  Real top notch stuff.  Don’t let him defend himself or try and explain, just call

Explain to me how this is different from Kavanaugh...  my position initially on both these guys is who cares it happened 30 years ago.. but if I think about, I can’t imagine doing either of these things...

4 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Explain to me how this is different from Kavanaugh...  my position initially on both these guys is who cares it happened 30 years ago.. but if I think about, I can’t imagine doing either of these things...

Is rape the same as racism.  Or even socially acceptable racism?

4 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Attempted rape isn't the same as wearing blackface. Explanation over.

11 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Explain to me how this is different from Kavanaugh...

Obviously it's a different situation, and Kav's behavior in the past and accusations that he sexually assaulted people over the years were combined with horrendous behavior and possible cover-up by himself and Republicans in the present (who instead of calling for him to drop out, berated Democrats and possible victims). 

But at this point it seems impossible for Northham not to resign.

And Kav who bemoaned how his life was ruined, got his lifetime appointment to the highest court in the country and the ability to get revenge on all the men and especially the women who came out against him. 

20 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Going out on a limb and saying supporting the right to have a late term abortion due to extenuating medical circumstances is more defensible than blackface (coonman is tall).

Sure, but the comment that made headlines aren’t what I would describe as supporting the right of women to have late terms abortions.  After the infant is born and alive without the mothers body playing a role, the word abortion shouldn’t apply at all.  

“If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother,”

Catholics I know that aren’t pro life and long time Democrat’s were alarmed by that.  Myself included.

Northam should absolutely resign and Dems should seriously pressure him to do so. 

First and foremost, the photo is inexcusable. 

Secondly, the political considerations: Northam is a former Republican, a conservative Democrat, the old school southern Democrat that has never met a corporate interest he didn’t like. And after this, he has no political future. Dumping him is no big loss for Democrats. 

You get to replace him with a young progressive black Governor with a bright future ahead of him. 

And most importantly with the political considerations, Democrats cannot cede the high ground on racism. Letting Northam have a pass here makes it 1000x harder to pressure a Republican to resign when a past racist episode inevitably surfaces. Democrats cannot let this slide, certainly not to save a worthless politician like Northam. Push him out.

32 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The deception is the biggest part, to me. If he really wanted to come clean, does anyone REALLY think he would've waited until now? He's had a long time to come clean. He didnt.

He was also 23. I wouldn't make an excuse for him if he was 17. We give people too much of a pass in society for what they did when they were certsinky old enough to know better. I did a lot of stupid **** when I was even younger too. I was never racist, or hurt people. Whether you "Change" or not is irrelevant. I also think far more people are better at hiding things and keeping their deepest thoughts in check over time, rather than actually changing.

He hid this. He's toast.

9 minutes ago, Destino said:

Sure, but the comment that made headlines aren’t what I would describe as supporting the right of women to have late terms abortions.  After the infant is born and alive without the mothers body playing a role, the word abortion shouldn’t apply at all.  

“If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother,”

Catholics I know that aren’t pro life and long time Democrat’s were alarmed by that.  Myself included.

I'm not really up on the specifics of the abortion controversy but if it is as bad as you say that's one more strike against him. Politics is a brutal sport.

Archived