Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VA Governor Ralph Northam Got Some Explaining to Do

Bozo the kKklown

I know everyone wants him to resign, but I don't really get why he should have to resign for something that happened decades ago that doesn't seem to reflect who he is now.

Obviously it's politically damaging, but I don't think it's fair to force him to resign unless it's shown that he's racist now.

Now it would make sense for him to resign, but this seems a dangerous standard to hold people to, perhaps an impossible one.

3 minutes ago, visionary said:

I know everyone wants him to resign, but I don't really get why he should have to resign for something that happened decades ago that doesn't seem to reflect who he is now.

I'm not trusting the judgment of anyone who stood to take that picture and thought this is funny or cool

makes me wonder what else he thinks is funny

3 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Northam used to be a Republican until VA demographics changed.

Interesting... do you have a source for that? Wikipedia says he’s always been a Democratic candidate. He did vote for George W. Bush before he started his political career, but he claims his party affiliation was “undecided” at the time. 

4 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I'm not trusting the judgment of anyone who stood to take that picture and thought this is funny or cool

makes me wonder what else he thinks is funny

I'm sure a lot of us thought things were funny decades ago that we don't now.  A lot of comedians even now make racist jokes for a living.  I don't particularly find blackface or the klan hood funny, but I'm sure there have been movies and shows where people did similar things in recent years.  (I'm somewhat playing devil's advocate here because there seems to be so much of a push for him to resign, but I do worry about the sort of standard this would hold people to, not just in terms of racial issues)

1 minute ago, visionary said:

I'm sure a lot of us thought things were funny decades ago that we don't now.  A lot of comedians even now make racist jokes for a living.  I don't particularly find blackface or the klan hood funny, but I'm sure there have been movies and shows where people did similar things in recent years.  

I get where your coming from, but comedians and actors don't have the ability to affect my life with their decision making. I hold people I put into power to a higher standard

I think he should step aside for political reasons.   Need to unite the base for 2020.

Just now, clietas said:

3 outfits Im 100% certain ya never ever wanna wear if you're white. KKK, Nazi, Blackface. 

Wasn't there an Ohio politician that got away with being an SS unit re-enactment group? 

1 minute ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I think he should step aside for political reasons.   Need to unite the base for 2020.

Wasn't there an Ohio politician that got away with being an SS unit re-enactment group? 

1 minute ago, clietas said:

3 outfits Im 100% certain ya never ever wanna wear if you're white. KKK, Nazi, Blackface. 

4 outfits.

I'd just like to ask, how many of us were graduating med school in 84? (more like, done with HS, college, and 4 more years of insanely intense hours...in 1984?)

People make stupid decisions. ( I was a Republican earlier in life. ) 

Question is, do Virginians trust him to do right by them NOW? 

(and I'll humbly submit that culture now is far more advanced than then). Hopefully some of you older folks can maybe kinda understand what I'm trying to say?

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'd just like to ask, how many of us were graduating med school in 84? (more like, done with HS, college, and 4 more years of insanely intense hours...in 1984?)

(and I'll humbly submit that culture now is far more advanced than then). Hopefully some of you older folks can maybe kinda understand what I'm trying to say?

Nope

(and I'll humbly submit that culture now is far more advanced than then). Hopefully some of you older folks can

Yeah, but Even **** faced, do you see yourself doing this? I don’t..

To what part, or all?

At the age of 23, you are the sum of your upbringing. Independent thought has been just starting to kick in strong. 

So do I think he thinks differently now, no!

I believe he thinks strategically and being a racist (openly) was a losing play for him.

Archived