Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP Jenkins: Gifting Daniel Snyder any money or land for a new Redskins stadium would be absolute madness

Boss_Hogg

6 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The entirety of the Kitk Cousins/FO incompetency narrative was a utter failure.  So, Sally has moved on to the “some people say/unnamed exec” and “Snyder screwed Richmond” narrative.

Pathetic clickbait.

Uhh, what? Our handling of Cousins was indeed complete and total incompetence from beginning to end, your take is utter bollocks, and btw, Cousins was right about his market value, regardless of how much he disappointed, there was a bidding war for the guy involving multiple teams. Smart on Minnesota to make it a short contract in case they were wrong about him, idiotic of us in our handling of anything and everything from beginning to end, or do you think paying a top 80 pick, an elite slot corner, and a ridiculous absurd contract noose around our franchises neck actually made sense? Please. 

Cousin's is a mid table, stat producing QB, a poor man's Matt Ryan, for better, and for worse, Alex Smith was washed up before we even made that grand Mal idiocy trade, and as for our handling of the contract, again, it was totally inept, and the press conferences and the rewarding of the replacement player rings to try to wipe the stink off the bad press at the time was even worse. All in all it was pathetic and embarrassing just like everything this F.O. does every year. 

13 hours ago, Peregrine said:

And that fear will be enough to prevent them from using the nuclear option, even if they have it under their power.   Of course, what it may not stop is some of the owners starting to look for some serious dirt on Snyder, and digging up something that may then LET them use the nuclear clause without causing that fear.

This is the key, I think. The NFL has let horrendously bad owners continue for decades, such as Bill Bidwill.

That stuff with the cheerleaders makes me wonder. A corporate culture where that is normal would seem likely to have other skeletons in the closet. 

In all honesty, regarding the OP's thread title... That should really be what fans are most vocal about. No new stadium due to mistrust of Redskin management. If our fanbase wants results, a stadium boycott is the best way to get Snyder frustrated. He's not going anywhere, but he may be forced to show his hand in that situation.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

In all honesty, regarding the OP's thread title... That should really be what fans are most vocal about. No new stadium due to mistrust of Redskin management. If our fanbase wants results, a stadium boycott is the best way to get Snyder frustrated. He's not going anywhere, but he may be forced to show his hand in that situation.

By "forced to show his hand", what do you mean exactly? 

(not trying to be a dick - really just wanted to know what your thoughts were here)

21 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The entirety of the Kitk Cousins/FO incompetency narrative was a utter failure.  So, Sally has moved on to the “some people say/unnamed exec” and “Snyder screwed Richmond” narrative.

Pathetic clickbait.

So after claiming the 2015 Redskins were great other than the QB holding him back now you come to the defense of Daniel Snyder?  

Who IS this guy?  

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So after claiming the 2015 Redskins were great other than the QB holding him back now you come to the defense of Daniel Snyder?  

Who IS this guy?  

I live in Richmond.  I am well read regarding the training camp situation.  The entirety of the narrative that Jenkins lays out in her column is verifiably false.

Snyder, like most billionaires, is a douchebag.  He’s also a pretty lousy businessman.  There’s plenty to criticize him about.  The Richmond situation is not one of these things.  The article is kool-aid for self-loathing Kirk cultists.

11 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So after claiming the 2015 Redskins were great other than the QB holding him back

Where is this gem?  I could see folks that don’t like Kirk crediting a weak schedule, that Sean McVay can make anyone look good, you name it.  But I’m not sure I’ve ever seen someone go as far as to say the 2015 Redskins were even in the ballpark of great.  Phew.

Personally I'm against tax-payer funded sports stadiums so I already have a beef with Dan and Bruce about that. 

A good way to resist is to write or call your local politicians (both parties) and ask them not to allocate any taxpayer money to Dan Snyder's playground. 

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Where is this gem?  I could see folks that don’t like Kirk crediting a weak schedule, that Sean McVay can make anyone look good, you name it.  But I’m not sure I’ve ever seen someone go as far as to say the 2015 Redskins were even in the ballpark of great.  Phew.

From the same guy who for some reason seems to want to continue to bring up Kirk Cousins when we were discussing Snyder and his incompetence. 

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Never said great.  DGF is addicted to hyperbole.

38 minutes ago, KDawg said:

**** or get off the pot.

Do you mean in terms of keeping or getting rid of Allen? 

Eh .... I'm of the camp that anyone he replaces Allen with is going to be more of the same. Things won't change until Snyder sells the team.

1 minute ago, bird_1972 said:

Do you mean in terms of keeping or getting rid of Allen? 

Eh .... I'm of the camp that anyone he replaces Allen with is going to be more of the same. Things won't change until Snyder sells the team.

I mean in terms of everything. A stadium is Snyder’s crown jewel. His biggest drive right now. Not winning. None of that kind of thing. He wants that stadium, or at least that’s the vibe I get from the things I’ve read.

so to get to Snyder you have to force his hand. 

5 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Never said great.  DGF is addicted to hyperbole.

You said "The 2015 and 2016 Redskins were a decent qb away from making serious playoff runs ".  So in your mind with a QB like Derrick Carr or the like you are claiming they were poised for consistent deep playoff runs.  

When I pointed out the holes on this team, specifically a poor defense, crap at RB, special teams that have never been special and an offensive line with several week links you claimed "you know I'm right"

Given that not sure you should be criticizing anyone for "hyperbowl".  

Building Snyder a stadium is our best chance to get him to sell the team. If we don't build him a stadium, he will continue to run the franchise into the ground, the valuation of the franchise will keep stagnating, and he will hold onto it in hopes that he can turn it around. He's not going to acquire an NFL franchise at the most expensive valuation in the league, and then sell it later when it's one of the cheapest valuations in the league. The stadium is a quick way to boost this franchise back into the top 5, offering Snyder an easy exit opportunity.

I'm against taxpayer funded stadiums. But I would voluntarily contribute $100 for this project. I'm convinced this is the only realistic way of getting rid of Snyder in my lifetime (I'm 33).

I'm 50/50 on this.  Part of me wants to see him sink with this ship, wallow in misery and just keep driving this thing into the ground to see how far it can go and how bad it can get.  I'm not sure what that point is, but I'm genuinely curious to see.  Just when you think this franchise has bottomed out, it gets worse.  It's going to get worse, guys.  More Eagles, Giants, Cowboys fans invading next year, more empty seats, more losses, more injuries.  

The other part of me wants to say **** it, get a new stadium, get the hell out of Fed Ex, get some good vibes around this team again, superficial as it may be.  Give us something to be hopeful and happy about, even if the product on the field sucks at least we'll have a cool place to watch it at.  

If he gets a new stadium he's still not selling the team. He'd be making more money with the city paying for it. He'd be even more immune to the fans.

IMO let him go down with fedex field. Watch him reduce his once 91k stadium into a hockey arena in a decade. 

On 1/2/2019 at 1:36 PM, Renegade7 said:

Can we please stop equating "fans left" to being delusional?  We're all fans, but I'm getting tired of this lack if distinction 

Speak for yourself man, I consider myself a long term abuse survivor with a bad case of Stockholm syndrome.

Archived