Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

He'll win a WS at some point in his life, but he'll never live this **** down 😂

If by he you mean Harper, I don't think he'll win in Philly. The history of MLB shows that when one guy makes THAT kind of money, his team never wins. See A-Rod in Texas, Bonds in San Francisco, Pujols in Los Angeles, etc. Baseball just doesn't work that way. The NL East is also very tough. Mets have talent and a new manager and us and the Braves are still contenders.

I think he'll be traded from Philly at some point within the next 5 years and maybe on his third team he'll win like A-Rod did when he went to the stacked Yankees.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

If by he you mean Harper, I don't think he'll win in Philly. The history of MLB shows that when one guy makes THAT kind of money, his team never wins. See A-Rod in Texas, Bonds in San Francisco, Pujols in Los Angeles, etc. Baseball just doesn't work that way. The NL East is also very tough. Mets have talent and a new manager and us and the Braves are still contenders.

I think he'll be traded from Philly at some point within the next 5 years and maybe on his third team he'll win like A-Rod did when he went to the stacked Yankees.

Both Houston and Nats have players who make more than Harper (at 13/330, it's actually not that high by modern standards).  Verlander, Altuve, Greinke, Scherzer all made more and Stras and Corbin are right there.  Phillies suck cause their front office didn't address their starting pitching.

Fun fact.  Howie got 4 million this year from the Nats and got 5 million in deferred payment from the Phillies.  So thanks Philadelphia! 😂

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Doesn’t he have a no trade clause or some ****? Lol

37 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Both Houston and Nats have players who make more than Harper (at 13/330, it's actually not that high by modern standards).  Verlander, Altuve, Greinke, Scherzer all made more and Stras and Corbin are right there.  Phillies suck cause their front office didn't address their starting pitching.

Fun fact.  Howie got 4 million this year from the Nats and got 5 million in deferred payment from the Phillies.  So thanks Philadelphia! 😂

I mean I think its different when you resign your own guy to that kind of money then signing someone else from FA. Its just a different dynamic.

The bromance between the Caps and Nats is unreal.  God damn those guys are so ****ing likable.  

I hope there is a video of Ovi presenting that jersey to Zim.  You can see he was about to present it to him then Eaton came in and made it even better lol.

I saw in another video on the back of Zim's jersey it says "WS CHAMPS" in the name plate. 

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

i'm sure its happened in other cities, but the genuine love they show each other is cool as hell

there is not a single ounce of it that feels forced or put on by the franchises. Started with the players being cool with each other and blowing up from there

I’ll comment on this in a very real way. I moved to Chicago ten years ago right before the Blackhawks won the first of their 3 recent Stanley Cups, and while there’s been a lot of cross-promotion, I don’t think the Cubs-Hawks or Sox-Hawks relationship borders on the bro-mance between the Caps and Nats.

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

Wow.  Harper hit that grand slam in the regular season vs the Cubs!  Wow!  I’m sure you wet your pants on that one 😂😂😂 We win championships, dick !

Well you know, divisions and championships are nice, but those are the moments he lives for.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Lol I've learned and forgotten more about baseball in 5 years of watching the Nats than pretentious dip****s like this will learn in 30 years of throwing cans of Natty Ice at the TV and booing as if their own players can hear them. 

Looking forward to dunking on the Phillies for the entirety of next season instead of just the months that mattered - the months the Phillies faltered in because they're soft, poorly coached and spearheaded by a diva who would more accurately represent a hair care company than a professional sports franchise. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

more salt. I love this. We are top of the mountain, and they can't beat the Marlins. So they have to fabricate bull**** to make themselves feel better

https://www.reddit.com/r/phillies/comments/dqh9ea/nats_fans_have_just_galvanized_a_decade_plus/f674ywl?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

(Displayed as a link for some naughty language)