Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

17 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Welp Padres just traded a bunch of prospects for Frazier, so..

Doesn’t look like too many of their big boys.  Only one in their top 30.  They should still be in play for Max.  Now can they afford an extension for him with Hosmer and Machado? Dunno.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Doesn’t look like too many of their big boys.  Only one in their top 30.  They should still be in play for Max.  Now can they afford an extension for him with Hosmer and Machado? Dunno.

Just read they're getting rid of Hosmer and his contract. Trying to free up $ space might be a sign..

2 hours ago, mammajamma said:

Just read they're getting rid of Hosmer and his contract. Trying to free up $ space might be a sign..

I’d be interested to see who takes that off their hands.  I’m tired of these teams getting bailed out of bad contracts.

I'd hate to lose Turner but thinking about it practically: he'll be 30 when he becomes a FA, similar to Rendon. 30 is no death knell of course, but look at Rendon now, not realy putting up the #s he was here, and Turner is a speed guy and you know speed is the first thing that drops with age. It might be wise to deal him now while his value is at its absolute highest. We'd get a lot more for him than Scherzer in all likelihood. Dealing both could build up the foundation of our next contender.

Gotta think with your head, not with your heart, or you end up with mistakes like Strasburg.

12 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

This is my safe place...

And we'll always have it. But I'm willing to bet Turner told them he's going to free agency. They will only trade him if they get a franchise altering deal. The next few days will be very interesting. 

58 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

And we'll always have it. But I'm willing to bet Turner told them he's going to free agency. They will only trade him if they get a franchise altering deal. The next few days will be very interesting. 

Yeah, the clubhouse has been **** for the past 5-6 days. You could see it on their faces. Peeps been told they're being sold.

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

id rather use a tired finnegan than a fresh Voth. And every one of those other options he listed have been better than Voth lately

rainey should be back soon right?

Finnegan just locked down the 7th. Clay and Suero have been terrible. Clay has a .997 OPS against with an 8.59 ERA in July, Suero is worse: 1.263 OPS against and a 11.05 ERA. So pick your poison there.

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Finnegan just locked down the 7th. Clay and Suero have been terrible. Clay has a .997 OPS against with an 8.59 ERA in July, Suero is worse: 1.263 OPS against and a 11.05 ERA. So pick your poison there.

11 ERA yikes.. i dont know man, maybe send those guys down and see what you have in the minors instead. those are not major league stats. and if that's the best we have anywhere, Rizzo deserves a little bit of heat there. rainey is only guy hurt now right?

Edited by mammajamma

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

11 ERA yikes.. i dont know man, maybe send those guys down and see what you have in the minors instead. those are not major league stats. and if that's the best we have anywhere, Rizzo deserves a little bit of questioning. rainey is only guy hurt now right?

Yes. Relievers are so volitile, so it's not all on Rizzo. We do have some minors prospects I'd like to see in the next year: Cronin, Klobosits, Schaller.