Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

5 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Trade him to STL for Liberatore (LHP) and Gorman (3B)....they're the #27/28 rated prospects

I can’t see St Louis parting with both of those guys for a 3 month rental.  Maybe one. St Louis is also 3 games under 500, 8 games out of the WC and 9 games out of the division, so they’re unlikely to be buying in any case

Edited by DCSaints_fan

6 hours ago, -JB- said:

I do wonder how much the Nats can get in return for Max with his impending free agency.  

Boras and Max said they wouldn't waive the no trade clause unless an extension was being offered by the team trading. So trading Max wouldn't be a 2017 aroldis chapman situation. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Trade him to STL for Liberatore (LHP) and Gorman (3B)....they're the #27/28 rated prospects

St. Louis is 9 GB of the Brewers and falling apart.

For anyone that wants to trade Max, look at the returns for Verlander and Greinke.

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

St. Louis is 9 GB of the Brewers and falling apart.

For anyone that wants to trade Max, look at the returns for Verlander and Greinke.

Nobody wants to trade Max. He's pretty much the last reliable pitcher we have left. But if they don't get back some injured players and start winning in the next week, it's inevitable. There's a 0% chance we re-sign him with Soto/Trea contracts coming up

1 hour ago, mammajamma said:

Nobody wants to trade Max. He's pretty much the last reliable pitcher we have left. But if they don't get back some injured players and start winning in the next week, it's inevitable. There's a 0% chance we re-sign him with Soto/Trea contracts coming up

0% chance they trade him, believing otherwise is ignoring the multiple times Rizzo and Scherzer have said it's not happening. Resigning Max will bring more value than the lottery ticket prospects we get back. Soto isn't a FA until 2025, when Max will be 41 and his contract likely will be up. I don't see them signing him past 40.

Edited by Riggo#44

28 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

0% chance they trade him, believing otherwise is ignoring the multiple times Rizzo and Scherzer have said it's not happening. Resigning Max will bring more value than the lottery ticket prospects we get back. Soto isn't a FA until 2025, when Max will be 41 and his contract likely will be up. I don't see them signing him past 40.

I really hope you're right. But if we continue to get slaughtered over the next week, and we become sellers, who's going? Or do you think we just don't do anything at the deadline?

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

I really hope you're right. But if we continue to get slaughtered over the next week, and we become sellers, who's going? Or do you think we just don't do anything at the deadline?

I don't think we'll do anything. The thing is we have talent: Max, Soto, Trea, Schwarbs, Bell, Cavalli, Stras (if he ever gets healhty). Ross continuing to improve would be huge. I want to see what Garcia and Kieboom really have, other than Max, we have about 30-40m coming off the books. Corbin looks bad, real bad. I wouldn't mind trading him for nothing for salary relief. Lots of options next year. Look for Rizzo to make moderate additions this offseason.

• Like 1